License/usage of images posted here?

vodot

Chieftain
Hi SL'ers! I'm developing a mod for freeciv, and I'm curious about the incredible artwork all of you here have posted. I would love to use some of these wonderful unit & terrain sprites in mods I am working on in freeciv (with creator acknowledgement, of course!), and perhaps eventually in the main distribution of freeciv itself. Is art posted here with the assumption that it is free-use or otherwise under some open source-type license (GPL2, etc.)? Thanks!
Nate

Hi vodot,

Some of the major graphic artists are intermittent visitors here, so it may take a little while before you get a reply. Perhaps a direct message to them would trigger an e-mail notification and elicit a quicker response. I wouldn't take a slow response as a sign of objection to the idea in principle. As I'm not an artist myself I cannot speak for the other guys, but I would be inclined to think they are unlikely to object.

Thanks mcmonkey, I did shoot out a DM or two. And I can wait- I've been working on my freeciv mod for seven years.

Top Bottom