Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

It's wonderful! Shame I'm 180 turns into another game already; I'll have to finish it ASAP so I can get a game going with the Moors.

So after Akkad is out, our focus will be on civilizations that we do have unit models for i.e. Ainu, Troy, Sassanids and Tunisia. Yuan and Laos will make it in that list too if we get their unit graphics finished.

Also for Troy, one of our ideas is to have a Great General replacement as heroes. A hero fights as strong as the strongest unit you can make. Has a chance of converting an enemy unit to your side when it defeats an adjacent enemy unit. Increases great person generation by 25% of whomever civ’s territory it is in.

The last part coupled with Troy's UA will ultimately be a good scheme to send out your heroes to civilizations you trade with and get yourself some free great people at their expense.

So after Akkad is out, our focus will be on civilizations that we do have unit models for i.e. Ainu, Troy, Sassanids and Tunisia. Yuan and Laos will make it in that list too if we get their unit graphics finished.

Also for Troy, one of our ideas is to have a Great General replacement as heroes. A hero fights as strong as the strongest unit you can make. Has a chance of converting an enemy unit to your side when it defeats an adjacent enemy unit. Increases great person generation by 25% of whomever civ’s territory it is in.

The last part coupled with Troy's UA will ultimately be a good scheme to send out your heroes to civilizations you trade with and get yourself some free great people at their expense.

I like the ideas of a Trojan Hero as a Great General replacement, I would assume his ability would be akin to the Bismarck's or the Ottomans UA except compressed into a Unit and would be fantastic when fighting at choke points or full-on infantry battles as Enemy Unit conversions could give you the extra edge. Although it might need balancing maybe they could generate much less frequently just enough that you wouldn't have more 2 of them at a time maybe. :)

Will King Priam be the ruler of Troy, as proper?

Most likely, though we can debate the idea of Hector as he is rather iconic, but he never became king so there's that. It would be fine though, as Gajah Mada himself was just a prime minister under the Majapahit emperor Hayam Wuruk.

Most likely, though we can debate the idea of Hector as he is rather iconic, but he never became king so there's that. It would be fine though, as Gajah Mada himself was just a prime minister under the Majapahit emperor Hayam Wuruk.

I think Priam would make more sense, since he ruled throughout the war, and Hector was more one of the "hero" figures you're talking about. Perhaps if there were a way to hard-code him to be the first hero you get, assuming you're naming them (like JFD has his scouts get names).

Edit: Come to think, you could probably semi-hard code Hector as the first hero using a decision for Troy that creates a hero.

This looks great! I don't suppose you could make a Great Beauty GP that could be created by placing Heroes in other civs' territory...

Helen will most likely be an event. If you do not return her as the option, barbarian units will spawn that will include siege units and prepare to wreck your empire. If you return her you get nothing but anarchy for a while. Keeping her will unleash the horde and give you an amount of happiness? No clue where to go with this event. The second event could be the Trojan Horse.

One of the decisions could be to Build the Citadel of Troy as a wonder in your capital that gives an incredible boost to defense.

It would be cool if the Trojan Heroes had the ability to go on quests in some respect - I guess not in the same way it is handled in Anno Domini, where IIRC they just replace Great Artists.

It would be cool if the Trojan Heroes had the ability to go on quests in some respect - I guess not in the same way it is handled in Anno Domini, where IIRC they just replace Great Artists.

They do replace Great Artists. Perhaps if the Trojan heroes completed a request for city-states it could bring some sort of bonus, e.g. twice the normal quest reward? It would work okay for killing off barbarians; perhaps they could also have the builds road ability to join city-states to the capital with respect to the quest asking to be linked via road? Just thinking out loud here ;).

We could have something related to Aeneas. Heroes could receive random bonuses from time to time such as restoration of health, temporary combat strength, etc.

Another aspect I would like to bring up is the style of architecture. Middle East or Greco-Roman?

They do replace Great Artists. Perhaps if the Trojan heroes completed a request for city-states it could bring some sort of bonus, e.g. twice the normal quest reward? It would work okay for killing off barbarians; perhaps they could also have the builds road ability to join city-states to the capital with respect to the quest asking to be linked via road? Just thinking out loud here ;).

I guess you could have Heroes which on completion of a Heroic Deed or Quest (however this is handled - be it kill X units or whatever), would then have the choice to either augment their GG aura - or be consumed to produce an artifact that could increase XP or defensive strength of the city in which they are stationed.

Just spitballing here - the idea is probably too complex in any respect

EDIT; topkek, got triple ninja'd

We could have something related to Aeneas. Heroes could receive random bonuses from time to time such as restoration of health, temporary combat strength, etc.

Another aspect I would like to bring up is the style of architecture. Middle East or Greco-Roman?

I think Greco-Roman would fit them better, the Illiad really changed a lot about how I (and many other people, most likely) viewed literature as an interesting and artistic form. Besides many greek historians such as Herodutus, Eratostathenes, and others were first to historically track Troy.

Top Bottom