LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Great update Iggy! Story later today.

EDIT: After stats are up, anyway.

To Norvalin
From the people of UKKK's Tellium provin
ce

Your message has given us a good laugh in this very stressful time. Thank you for that. However our homes and families are all here, more importantly so are our businesses and shopping malls. I think we will retain our past and revel in our future as part of the richest most powerful nation on earth rather than pack up and sail half way around the world to your frigid backward refugee camp of a nation.

Betrayal is a bitter fruit, and revenge a dish best served cold for those who ignore the olive branch of peace.

Ooh! A banquet!

Skilvso to UKKK:

Sounds right good. You go ahead and send those directions for what we'll be doing next any time you please.
Long Live!

Reclaiming Shalamari. Oh, and we have a "welfare building" here on our camp. Turns out I can NES and serve at the same time! :D

From: Shalamari (I swear I will write a story or something... later)
To: Gorinese Empire

We wish to settle anew in our old lands. We agree to remain a part of the Gorinese Empire, as long as we have regional autonomity. The Shalamari will supply the Imperial Army with recruits, and will have no military of their own. The extent of this new region will be former Garretia (including Ruby) and Southern Azania. The Shalamari people sincerely hopes these terms are agreeable. Regardless, Gorin is rightly offered all our gratitude for centuries of protection and hospitality.

Your message has given us a good laugh in this very stressful time. Thank you for that. However our homes and families are all here, more importantly so are our businesses and shopping malls. I think we will retain our past and revel in our future as part of the richest most powerful nation on earth rather than pack up and sail half way around the world to your frigid backward refugee camp of a nation.

Richest and most powerful nation in the New World! :cry:

But I'm sure at least some will come over the ocean. That shouldn't bother you, though, as you probably won't care about loosing random crazies, anyway. :)

Imago said:
Richest and most powerful nation in the New World! :cry:

The honor of that title goes not to Norvalin, but to Kelios (richest, at least).

I'm staying in this NES.

Decisions to the Hall of the Council

In the past years, many Decisions (Elections) have been held to the Hall of the Council. The Hall itself has been greatly enlarged over the years as new positions have been created by the Expansionists, the leading faction in the Hall. Additionally, the completion of a series of great civic projects in Aldisir has defused Aldisir separatism, and the Aldisir separatists now comprise a negligible portion of the Hall.

The major factions, historical and modern, are the Expansionists, Conservatives, Militarists, Separatists and Loyalists. The Expansionists have consistently been the largest and most influential group, focusing on spreading knowledge of Alse and new development as well as trade with foreign nations. The Conservatives oppose this movement, believing that the Path is for Kelios alone and that foreign influences have polluted Kelios and dragged it form the Path. The Militarists might best be seen as an extreme branch of the Expansionists who desire to use military force to subjugate surrounding nations and force on them the peace of the Path (many Militarists follow the Path of Knives and Plows sect of Alse). The Aldisir Separatists and Loyalists are self-explanatory; in recent years, Loyalism in Aldisir has been rolled into the Expansionist faction. The Separatists are also no longer a significant political force.

First Decision
Expansionists: 14
Aldisir Separatists: 4
Aldisir Loyalists: 3
Conservatives: 3
Militarists: 2
Unaffiliated: 38

Second Decision
Expansionists: 26
Conservatives: 10
Militarists: 6
Aldisir Separatists: 5
Aldisir Loyalists: 3
Unaffiliated: 27

Third Decision
Expansionists: 34
Conservatives: 21
Militarists: 12
Aldisir Separatists: 9
Aldisir Loyalists: 1
Unaffiliated: 30

Fourth Decision
Expansionists: 58
Conservatives: 34
Aldisir Separatists: 17
Militarists: 14
Unaffiliated: 12

Fifth Decision
Expansionists: 101
Conservatives: 33
Militarists: 24
Aldisir Separatists: 2
Unaffiliated: 20

Sixth Decision
Expansionists: 93
Conservatives: 64
Militarists: 17
Aldisir Separatists: 3
Unaffiliated: 4

The current Hall is dominated by the Expansionists, but the Conservatives have become increasingly popular with the decline of the Separatist threat. (The Conservatives were seen as soft on Separatism.) Due to a rift within the Expansionists, the current Most Revered of the Hall is one of its few unaffiliated members, Halmadin. He is elderly and likely to pass before the next Decision.

To: Veritas

Your illegal occupation of Sintonia is over. Any attempts to crush them will be met by Guangfei, Myocaca, and Swade Armies burning your people. The Sintonian leadership would of course be happy to negiotaite them being a soverign entity and returning your lands to you, but the Sintonia Homeland shall be kept. The Ascendant Master Decrees IT!

To: UKKK

Hopefully we announce our set borders to the world. The Ascendant Master, His Holiness Evern also infers upon you the title of Ally of the Blade.

To: The Glorious King of Myocaca
From: His Holiness Ascendant Master Evern, Patriach of Bladeism, Vicar of the Blademaster, Supreme Pontiff of Swade, Primate of the Acendancy, Conquerer of Veritas, True Lengelzai of Cultesia, Sucessor of Wilipo, Inheriter of Creation

We have finally won. Though i now age, having given 53 years of my life to this cause, and soon i shall pass away, to be taken over by my son Evern II, to live and reign in Peresofo, I congratulate you with my thanks for defending Bladedom in its hour of need.

I infer upon you the titles of Archmaster of the Myocacan Province(OOC: Its like the Pope making you the Archbishop of big area), Exarch of South Emor, and Protector of the True Faith. All of your desendants shall hold these titles and they confer upon you Spiritual and Temporal Authority of your Realm.

To: The Swade Ascendency

You are insane madmen. Stay away from our province, and do not meddle in matters you fail to understand.

To: Norvalin, Exilsium

We find ourselves fighting a rebellion of Bladeists, with the threat of their barbaric attacks hanging over our nation. In addition, we have been openly threatened by the Swade. We ask for your assistance in restoring peace and order within New Veritas, in fulfillment of the Articles of the League Charter.

To: Davar

We welcome your new independence, and wish to offer a Defensive Pact between our peoples. In fact, entry into the League of Valins is not impossible, if you are willing to join.

The honor of that title goes not to Norvalin, but to Kelios (richest, at least).

Just most powerful, then.

Also, some diplo for your nation.

To: Kelios

Ours are two republics, in a harsh world of despotisms. We belive that we should sign a free trade agreement, to remove all tariffs between our nations, so that we may grow all the stronger. The exact boundries of the treaty are, of course, negotiable.

To: Veritas

In your arrogance you are blind. There were no threats. You would crush our people under your boot as you did before. Let Oneism and Bladeism both exist but be apart and peace shall hold. But try to subjegate those who want not your rule and you will again find yourself in the situation that caused the Guangfei war.

To: The Swade Ascendency

Bladeists in New Veritas have never been oppressed. Unlike in your "nation," citizens are entitled to freedom of religion. We ask you to withdraw your threats of invasion now or declare war.

TO: New Veritas

We will not invade you nor declare war on you. We will only defend the Bladeists whom you seek to opress. If you were not opressing them, why did they rise up. If you were not opressing them, why then, out of their own free will(OOC: no lie) did they seek help from other countries. We won't declare war on you, but we will recognize and support the Sintonian Sultanate.

To: Sintonia

Worry not, for you are safe. We invite you to join the Pact of Blades, which is currently made up of me and Myocaca. The Bladeists must stick together to survive in a world opressed by Oneists.

To: Swade Ascendency

The province of Sintonia revolted under foreign provocation. This temporary rebellion will be quelled, and NO Bladeists will be oppressed. Any attempts to enter the Province of Sintonia, or the waters surrounding, will be considered an immediate declaration of war. The nation of Sintonia does not exist, it is merely a rebelling province.

Nice update!

The Citadel condemns the Gerber genocide.

Hmm, I wonder who will invade me first? The Lengels? Gammorea? Ikki? Gorin?

To: Ikki

Once-friends, why do you mistreat us? Instead of allowing us to live in peace or at least to leave and maintain our religion elsewhere, you make us second-class citizens and force us to renounce our beliefs. Why do you betray us?

To: New Veritas

You spread your Oneists lies once more. Sintonia revolted of its own accord, taking the intiative and contacting foreign powers to do so. Your gaze abroad left you blind to the problems at home. Sintonia will survive and prosper. And we would like our bows back. Copycats.

OOC: Sintonia really did rebel of its own accord. I simply support the rebellion with a story AFTER i found out about it. Sintonia will be independent, Thayli.

To: New Veritas

You abandoned us and even prepared to turn on us in our time of need when we treated you as equals, now soon your capital will rot by one hand or another

To: UKKk

We ask for our lands back as well as the lands we are entitled to in Emor please. May our nations forever prosper in this new age, we incourage you not tobecome like the lengels once were and hold all the lands you recently conquered.

OOC: amazing update iggy

jalapeno_dude said:
To: Ikki

Once-friends, why do you mistreat us?

Update said:
The Ikki, coming to believe that the volcano had been caused by their abandoning of the traditional ways, have used this as a reason to instate a system of persecution against New Eldists, forcing them to either join a militia or pay a massive fine. Another reason for this is to protect the nation against True Lengel aggression.

jalapeno_dude said:
Instead of allowing us to live in peace or at least to leave and maintain our religion elsewhere, you make us second-class citizens and force us to renounce our beliefs.

Update said:
Regardless of the reason, New Eldists are either being forced into poverty, forced to renounce pacifism (at least to some degree) or to flee to the Citadel of Knowledge in the south.
(-5000 New Eldist population in Ikki)

jalapeno_dude said:
Why do you betray us?

Betrayal suggests that there was an agreement/friendship of some sort. Instead, there was merely a religious toleration prior to this point. As for the "why?" see above.

OOC: I'm not sure Norvalin and Kelios actually know each other, but, assuming they do...

Imago said:
Just most powerful, then.

Also, some diplo for your nation.

To: Kelios

Ours are two republics, in a harsh world of despotisms. We belive that we should sign a free trade agreement, to remove all tariffs between our nations, so that we may grow all the stronger. The exact boundries of the treaty are, of course, negotiable.

To: Norvalin

Though you believe in a false physical and spiritual manifestation of the Path, we believe that this obstacle can be overcome. Trade between Kelios and Norvalin is of vital importance to both nations, and we would gladly sign an agreement to reduce tariffs between our nations.

OOC: Eliminating tariffs would be ridiculously out of context. Tariff-free trade didn't even exist as concept until the 1800s, and right now we're at the equivalent of around 400 BCE. Realistically, we could skip from 400 CE to 1500 CE, but that still leaves over a thousand years before free trade could be realistic.

Top Bottom