Lion

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Lovely.

It is time for Lion King (pro) civ, anyone?

Totally keen for that.

Leader: Simba

Circle of Life: All workers and human military units are replaced by Lions. +2 :c5culture: Culture and +2 :c5happy: Happiness from unimproved animal tiles. Start with an Ivory resource nearby.

Also this for the Peace Music is non-negotiable:

Spoiler :

Someone could make Wildlife mod.

Oh wait, we have one ;) So the creator of that mod could now make not only wolves, but also lions (?????)

Personally, I would love Wildlife mod with (aggressive) wolves in grasslands, lions in deserts (I know lions don't live here...), tigers in jungles and bears in tundra ;)

...and Tigers and Bears! Oh my!

An ape would be nice too. These were roaming in FFH, and there was a giant one too, but I forgot it's name. I think it had a banana affinity.

Yeah, there should be something to put in jungles (apes), snow (polar bears) and so on...

Also a recolored ape would make a good Yeti, which I need for my mod :)

I have a problem with this unit: when I increase the scale to 2 (as I'm making all figures bigger and decreasing their quantity in my mod), the lion appears as if its legs were submerged in the ground (I can provide a screenshot, but I guess it's easy to recreate). I don't have such problems with any other units I use in my mod. Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this and how to fix it?

From the tutorial thread:
...The scale correction of 5 is necessary since there is an issue with scales other than 1 in the ArtDefines...
...Note: As I mentioned earlier if you alter the Scale from the 1 the unit will distort. Hopefully, at some point myself or someone else will figure out how to convert units so they are properly scaleable...

I suppose you could follow the tutorial and scale correct to something larger.

I have a problem with this unit: when I increase the scale to 2 (as I'm making all figures bigger and decreasing their quantity in my mod), the lion appears as if its legs were submerged in the ground (I can provide a screenshot, but I guess it's easy to recreate). I don't have such problems with any other units I use in my mod. Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this and how to fix it?

As Nutty says for some reason this conversion process is currently producing unscalable units which is not great I know. They will only appear correctly at scale 1. I'll have a look into why this is happening - it seems that the scale from the XML is only being applied to the mesh data and not the skeleton which is weird. I don't think that other units created via FBX had this issue so there must be something different about the skeletons...

Edit: This issue is now resolved.

If you could make Godzilla that would be cool,.
...the ancient GDR

..also we could make a Pacific Rim Senario..
Jagger-->GDR
kaizu?whatever Gibberish name is it --> Godzilla.

As Nutty says for some reason this conversion process is currently producing unscalable units which is not great I know. They will only appear correctly at scale 1. I'll have a look into why this is happening - it seems that the scale from the XML is only being applied to the mesh data and not the skeleton which is weird. I don't think that other units created via FBX had this issue so there must be something different about the skeletons...

hmmm. I wonder if we change the scale in blender if that would do anything. but often animations dictate where bones go.

hmmm. I wonder if we change the scale in blender if that would do anything. but often animations dictate where bones go.

I've resolved the scaling thing by making the animation and model gr2s from the same FBX. This ensures that the number of bones in the skeleton and animation track groups are the same - if they're not then you can get some weird issues like this scaling one.

The problem I not have is that although my Lion scales and animates correctly he always points face down into the ground. Still working out how to resolve that one, but once I do I'll upload the corrected unit and update the tutorial.

I've updated the download to the new scalable version so now people can have whatever size of lions they want. :)

I've updated the download to the new scalable version so now people can have whatever size of lions they want. :)

Thanks Deliverator! I have already seen you you have retaken the work over the tutorial, that's so good! I have so many units to convert waiting! :)

Thanks Deliverator! I have already seen you you have retaken the work over the tutorial, that's so good! I have so many units to convert waiting! :)

If these are fantasy and animal units, that would be great news for all fantasy modders out here (me included) :)

Edit: Perhaps there should be a list of all available fantasy units somewhere, so it's easier to find them...

Top Bottom