1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Deliverator, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

2. LastSword

LastSword Prince

Lovely.

It is time for Lion King (pro) civ, anyone?

3. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Totally keen for that.

Leader: Simba

Circle of Life: All workers and human military units are replaced by Lions. +2 :c5culture: Culture and +2 :c5happy: Happiness from unimproved animal tiles. Start with an Ivory resource nearby.

Also this for the Peace Music is non-negotiable:

Spoiler :

4. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Someone could make Wildlife mod.

Oh wait, we have one ;) So the creator of that mod could now make not only wolves, but also lions (?????)

Personally, I would love Wildlife mod with (aggressive) wolves in grasslands, lions in deserts (I know lions don't live here...), tigers in jungles and bears in tundra ;)

5. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Great!

Wolves should be in forest, and lions in plains :)

6. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

...and Tigers and Bears! Oh my!

An ape would be nice too. These were roaming in FFH, and there was a giant one too, but I forgot it's name. I think it had a banana affinity.

7. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Yeah, there should be something to put in jungles (apes), snow (polar bears) and so on...

Also a recolored ape would make a good Yeti, which I need for my mod :)

8. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I have a problem with this unit: when I increase the scale to 2 (as I'm making all figures bigger and decreasing their quantity in my mod), the lion appears as if its legs were submerged in the ground (I can provide a screenshot, but I guess it's easy to recreate). I don't have such problems with any other units I use in my mod. Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this and how to fix it?

9. Nutty

Nutty Deity

From the tutorial thread:
    I suppose you could follow the tutorial and scale correct to something larger.

10. Deliverator

As Nutty says for some reason this conversion process is currently producing unscalable units which is not great I know. They will only appear correctly at scale 1. I'll have a look into why this is happening - it seems that the scale from the XML is only being applied to the mesh data and not the skeleton which is weird. I don't think that other units created via FBX had this issue so there must be something different about the skeletons...

Edit: This issue is now resolved.

11. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

If you could make Godzilla that would be cool,.
    ...the ancient GDR

..also we could make a Pacific Rim Senario..
    Jagger-->GDR
    kaizu?whatever Gibberish name is it --> Godzilla.

12. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

hmmm. I wonder if we change the scale in blender if that would do anything. but often animations dictate where bones go.

13. Deliverator

I've resolved the scaling thing by making the animation and model gr2s from the same FBX. This ensures that the number of bones in the skeleton and animation track groups are the same - if they're not then you can get some weird issues like this scaling one.

The problem I not have is that although my Lion scales and animates correctly he always points face down into the ground. Still working out how to resolve that one, but once I do I'll upload the corrected unit and update the tutorial.

14. ispanets

ispanets Warlord

Yes, this happens to all units, not only to the lion. We wait for the update :) it has become so easy to create new units! Thanks for this!

15. Deliverator

I've updated the download to the new scalable version so now people can have whatever size of lions they want. :)

16. ispanets

ispanets Warlord

Thanks Deliverator! I have already seen you you have retaken the work over the tutorial, that's so good! I have so many units to convert waiting! :)

17. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

If these are fantasy and animal units, that would be great news for all fantasy modders out here (me included) :)

Edit: Perhaps there should be a list of all available fantasy units somewhere, so it's easier to find them...