Liq-01 Flaming Barbies on the Grill.

Merzbow said:
Nice... but not sure why we need obelisk in our capital..
Well, when you put it like that, I guess I see your point. ;)
Oh well, only 1 turn invested into it. Next player can switch the build to just about anything else.
Perhaps a warrior/medic for the next city to be built at stone resource?
That makes more sense. But it seemed like a good idea at the time, trust me. :crazyeye:
Glad for the correction though. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Updated dotmap. (feel free to debate)

the land for red dot sucks if we go for the pigs as we pick up all that desert.. so as it's placed now sounds good, the one thing I'd suggest is lay off heavy cottages there. It has fresh water so place a few farms on the grass.

White dot needs the pigs bad to remain viable so that butteresses red dot's present location.

Blue dot should be after red as more than one source of metal is a good idea and it gets us closer to the horses.

man where's all the barbs? =/

Cheers!
-Liq

I 'ave got it

I agree with the current red dot. We'll be wanting that Ivory more than the pigs, as Red Dot has all that nice grassland by the 1 tile lake anyways. We won't really be needing more food there. Just farm a bit, and we'll be good.

The placement of the southern dots is good... for what's there. I think we should move north and meet Ghandi's borders before we tackle the tundra. Nice job utilizing those lakes BTW. Blue dot and Black dot will be connected to the capital unpillageable once we get them set up.

Speaking of which, Ghandi should be meeting fierce barb resistance, being the point leader. How's everyone else's power rating holding up to the barbs?

The AI's don't care about barbs, they get insane bonuses against them. :(

Playing this today.

Turn 103 (740 BC)
Warrior promoted: Medic II
Karakorum founded
Karakorum begins: Barracks
Archer promoted: Drill I
Rexburg begins: Worker

Turn 104 (720 BC)
Tech learned: Masonry

Turn 105 (700 BC)
Research begun: Iron Working

Turn 106 (680 BC)
Archer defeats (3.00/3): Barbarian Warrior

Turn 107 (660 BC)
Kill Barb grows: 3
Archer defeats (3.00/3): Barbarian Archer

Turn 108 (640 BC)
Sir Toma killin' barbs (Archer) promoted: Drill II

Turn 109 (620 BC)
Rexburg finishes: Worker
Archer defeats (2.52/3): Barbarian Archer

Turn 110 (600 BC)
Karakorum's borders expand

Turn 111 (580 BC)
Scout loses to: Barbarian Archer (3.00/3)

Turn 112 (560 BC)
Archer defeats (2.49/3): Barbarian Warrior
Rexburg grows: 4
Kill Barb finishes: Barracks

Turn 113 (540 BC)
Kill Barb begins: Axeman

Quiet turns, not much to say.

lol. Quiet turns? I wouldn't consider getting attacked by 6 barbs quiet...

S.ilver said:
lol. Quiet turns? I wouldn't consider getting attacked by 6 barbs quiet...

Well.. We had mp game yesterday, with raging barbs on. It was much more intense :D

preturn

1 am.. it's not 4 am but I can see it from there!!!!

job one is wait for iron working which in in 21? =/ see where iron is then head for the horses if all pans out.

blue dot next but we need to balance coin.

work lake instead of forest in rax to lower iron working to 16.

same thing in kill barb. until corn is hooked up not worth it to work it.

need some more workers for sure.

notice a +2 gold surplus so bump science to 80% even gold and now IW in 13.

wooo 8 turns shaved off.

notice rockland (red dot) has a drill 1 archer and bronze is guarded by a city def 2... ok! so swap the two.. will take a bit but got units to support the switch.

[1]520 BC
no barbs still.

[2]500 BC
archer spoted to the north, is a long ways away.

Rax built obolix for um not sure why! start worker in 6.. we are at happy limit already so stalling growth is ok.

[3]480 BC
Archer barb is missing.

[4]440 BC
kill barb finishes axe (YAY) starts on an axe in 4 lol.

leave the axe guarding worker.

[5]420 BC
barb warrior to the north. yawn

[6]400 BC
archer swap complete. drill 1 is now on the copper.

the road from rex to kill is completed as is rex to rockland.

need to hook up those elephants.

[7]380 BC
worker done in rax, go for pyramids in that well.... stone coming online. we have a shot at it.
our economy is not the worst in the world!!! +2 gold at 70%

[8]360 BC
kill barb goes for stone henge in 20... hell it'll be fast. axe built goes to the stone.

[9]340 BC
lol ghandi completes stone henge! go for a library.

[10]320 BC
neat, 10 hammers from one turn of stonehenge.

[11]300 BC
STILL no barbs, man this is suck..
corn is all connected and hooked up at kill barb

[12]280 BC
omg! 3 barbs showed up!!!!

IW comes in, I see iron right away.. no need for another city... as kill barb will cover it in a mere um 15 to 20 turns.

other iron is in the est... no point us going for it, ghandi will eventually settle it.

Shuffle military around to deal with barbs.

went for pottry in 6 for granarys and cottages.

[13]260 BC
izzy wants open borders... nein!

cor now a barb axe and 2 warriors in area... not safe to attack.

[14]240 BC
ok!
barb axe attacks archer at horses... archer is 1.3 and promotes city two healing in kill barb.

barb warrior attacks copper axe who is flawless

barb warrior attacks archer at copper and is flawless. promotes hill defense.

axe romotes ground and attacks barb warrior that popped up near copper also... 3.8 hp after promoting medic 1.

[15]220 BC
in the east warrior avoids axe and he chases them down. oh forgot to promote him so he's got 2 promotes and full health lol.

Barb Axe attacks rockland and archer promotes to city def 3.

Sir toma heads north to cover elephants axe stays on stone.

need to hook that stone and ivory up

kill barb is at happy max so whip library. growth in 1 lol.

ok need to start naming these guys...

boring turns =/

Slowed down expansion, sped up cuture at kill barb.

Pyramids I sank some time into to gain cash but with stone who knows.

we need to get horses for sure but rather not over extend.

research is happening, not the fastest but not a problem.

overall this is boring!!!

I have plans for a different sort of barb game... but for now lets just roll over this.

Cheers!
-Liq

I'll let muf post the iron screen.. overall just too boring a turn to spend time on.

Pre-turn (531 left):

'Rids being built; with the stone coming online and some skillful chopping this shouldn't be a problem.

It's definitely time to expand again; 3 cities at 220 BC isn't so good. We're already starting to get crowded out of the good land.

Gandhi is SERIOUSLY behind us in military. Once iron comes online we could take him probably easily with just swords and axes.

Looking at some of these unit names, I now know what Liq does for a living - he works for the music industry coming up with names for Doom Metal bands.

Rockland isn't building anything - I put it on axe. I do some minor microing.

Turn 1 (530 left):

Barb axe AND archer appear SE of Kill Barbs. I reinforce the copper mine.

Kill barb is a great city - awesome production and food. I'm gonna pop two axes from it, then a settler.

Turn 2 (529 left):

I want to chop with our two workers in the west, but can't with those barbs still between Rexburg and KB. And I don't have the units to attack them yet. Grr.

I'm worried about defense in Rexburg. There are now 3 barbs spotted between Rex and KB. I move up another archer from the E:

Turn 3 (528 left):

Man this is nuts. One archer impales himself on Butters the ultra-macho axeman, but TWO more barbs have shown up, and a barb axe is homing in on Rex. Our cows are gonna be pillaged soon.

Turn 4 (527 left):

Pottery -> Alphabet.

Turn 5 (526 left):

Two barb archers suicide on Butters and Damaged goods. I kill a barb warrior with Butters at 100% odds to win.

Our cows get pillaged.

Kill Barb axe -> axe. I promote the axe with melee and move him to confront the pillager near Rexburg.

Turn 6 (525 left):

Two barb warriors get deep-sixed.

Crap, Rexburg grew into unhappiness and I didn't notice. Oh well, the Pyramids should solve that, if I can ever get them built.

Turn 7 (524 left):

:sleep:

Turn 8 (523 left):

That pesky axeman near Rexburg dashes his brains out on our city walls, and no more barbs are in sight. Time to chop.

Turn 9 (522 left):

:sleep:

Turn 10 (521 left):

Kill Barb axe -> setter.

KB is also now unhappy? Why? This is Prince, we shouldn't be unhappy at size 4? Oh, I see, somebody was a little too quick on the whip... :whipped:

Turn 11 (520 left):

Barb axe near Rockland, I reinforce our quarry with a Mr., uhh, Fetal Mind.

Turn 12 (519 left):

Mr. Mind defeats the barb.

Turn 13 (518 left):

Rockland axe -> axe.

Turn 14 (517 left):

Another barb axe near Rockland.

Rockland has SERIOUS food/growth issues. To that end I cancel the axe and queue up a granary.

Forced to roll science down to 60%. Nothing we can do about this until we can start working some of the cottages I've built, but we need to chop the Pyramids first and allow our cities to grow a bit beforehand.

Turn 15 (516 left):

Alex asks us to cancel deals with the Indians? What deals? I notice that somebody *cough* violated our variant and signed OB with them. Nevertheless I tell Alex to stuff it since I want the Indians available to trade with once we get Alphabet. I then cancel the OB manually.

Kill Barb is happy again as memories of our slaveholding past fade away in the dusts of time.

To next player:

Our economy is starting to grind to a halt, something I didn't think possible with just three cities, but we've managed it nonetheless. Again I don't see a way out until we can work those cottages, which isn't feasible until we have the Pyramids so KB and Rexburg can grow and the granary so Rockland can grow (feasibly).

It's unlikely we're going to be able to expand naturally into good land after this next settler. Time to start throwing down after Alphabet comes in and we do whatever trades we can.

Expect Alex to sneak us at any time. I may have screwed up by refusing to cancel with the Indians because now he's Annoyed.

Chop the granary in Rockland. The Pyramids is just gonna need maybe two more chops after the current chops finish.

http://nryan.com/Civ4/Liq01/Turn02/Liq-01_AD-0080.Civ4SavedGame

Got it. Hopefully can play it today. If not, the turn should be posted in 24 hours.

Sorry guys. I managed to frag my keyboard yesterday. :mad: Went out for a replacement today. Save WILL be posted in 4 or 5 hours, or you can throw me to the barbs!

Top Bottom