List all problems/bugs in new patch in one thread please!

Toni1

Warlord
:crazyeyes there must be over dozen different threats about problems with the new patch. It would be much wiser to list all known bugs/problems in one thread.

Bugs in new patch :
:mad:

Bugs not fixed in new patch :
:cry:

When the list is complete someone should send it to Firaxis.

I think I'll postpone my buying of CivIII till it actually works :p :rolleyes:

after installing the new *second* patch
im not getting this squares or other ghost lines anymore on the advisors screen. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
and i dont have a crash after exiting the advisors screens. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
but a new crash occurs after getting into all of the advisor screens(f1-f11) , and then hit esc, after i click "quit immediately" the game crashes. :(
other issue stayed after seconed patch-
ugly text on pop number(looks like a dos shadow effects)- IT LOOKS TERRIBLE and ruin the games clean and aesthetic look ,also its much harder to read now with all that black under the number!!!! please dan,jeff anyone how do i get back the cleaner look it has before the patch???!!!plz give me an answer
:(

I haven't really seen any bugs yet most complaints were due to wrong patch being posted. The color of the numbers are different, I doubt Firaxis will try to fix that but someone will probably post a mod soon.
Toni1- I think you can safely buy this game now. Before you probably couldnt play a large game on monarch or above because of the air superiority.There is also a learning curve to this game which makes it extremely different to master high levels right out of the box.

i've found the "your people want to expand your palace" message doesn't come up anymore... instead i have to go look at it every hundred years or so and add like 5 things at once

Toni, buy Civ 2, its cheaper and more fun

this apears to be simply another problem with this patch...it seems like they did almost no real testing with this patch

Bug in new patch :(
The Civ select screen now allways defaults Romans no matter what my previous selection was(I want it to always be random).
This also results in Quickstart always using Romans.
(I used to use Quickstart alot to get a good starting position)

soooo.....is the patch worth downloading?

All theabove problems go away if you reinstall the game and then the second patch. I had those problems only when I installed the second patch on top of the first like Jeff implied you could do.

I don´t know if this is related to the patch but I have played the game a lot and it has happened to me just after installing the patch that in the foreign advosor screen Lincoln never appears. Furthermore, there are two circles that take me to Catalina of Russia, the standard one and another empty one, just click on it and check by yourself... I have posted this in the forum as a main thread but I haven´t got any answer. Please help if you can.

on my xp machine If I install the old patch or the new I can no longer play civIII Period. I have uninstalled and reinstaled 5-6 times, and downloaded the new patch 3 times from ifferent places. I have noticed it has happend to some others too. I can only rn civ3 without the patch.

Shift-P to automatically clean up all pollution does not work properly (this may have also occurred pre-patch, but certainly occurs with the patch). It is especially noticable if multiple patches of pollution appear. Keep hitting shift-P for the workers and suddenly they stop, although there is still pollution there. For deserty type terrain I often have had to send one extra worker there manually, for hill or mountainous terrain I have had to send a large number of workers to actually ensure that the pollution is completely cleaned up the turn it appeared.

Originally posted by scavenger
Toni, buy Civ 2, its cheaper and more fun

:D allready have CIV2:TOT and 'patched' it to MPG edition. :p have had it since it came out. I had even the original Civ2 but sold it. :) I'm pretty much bored to it tought.

reinstalled the game, applied the "second" patch. when i return from the advisor's screens, there is a ghost city box about an inch below the actual one on the map display. the settler does not have the red outline of the new city below his feet. G in the city display does not bring up the governor's screen, DEL does not delete stuff from the production queue. anyone else seeing this?

Top Bottom