1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

List of arpgs

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by civvver, Apr 1, 2014.

1. civvver

civvver Deity

I know arpg is a really broad genre (the legend of zelda anyone?) but I'm looking to make a list of more recent dungeon crawler action rpgs in the style of diablo. Our diablo 3 thread has made me realize there are quite a few, and I'm interested in possibly trying some out beyond diablo/torchlight/path of exile. So here's the ones I'm aware of off the top of my head:

Diablo series
    Torchlight series
    Path of Exile
    Mighty Quest of Epic Loot (early access)
    Darkspore
    Titan Quest
    Fate
    Deathspank? Not sure if this one is, I saw it in a humble bundle but never tried it.

2. fantsu

fantsu Prince

3. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Sacred and Sacred 2 are also classics. Apparently Sacred 3 is in the making. I really loved Sacred 2 back then, but I don't know why. It didn't get very good reviews. For me I think it's just the massive variety of loot and areas and how ridiculous it was.

4. Anhellia

Anhellia Chieftain

I would add Marvel Heroes to this list, but at the same time I woulnd't recommend this game to anyone.

A little off-topic here: for me action rpgs are the games like: Vampire: Bloodlines and Deus Ex, not the hack and slashes or Diablo - clones, I guess it comes down to terminology. :)

Speaking of Vampire, there is another game called Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption which has something in common with Diablo, but it has much more story and dialogues. It's a old game, so perhaps it's not for everybody.

5. techangy

techangy Chieftain

6. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

Grim Dawn - I got bored of this though. Once you have killed 50 of the same monsters i lose interest without a compelling story

7. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Was playing Grim Dawn myself atm. Just got a toon to level 100 (max) in hardcore. :)