List of arpgs

civvver

Deity
I know arpg is a really broad genre (the legend of zelda anyone?) but I'm looking to make a list of more recent dungeon crawler action rpgs in the style of diablo. Our diablo 3 thread has made me realize there are quite a few, and I'm interested in possibly trying some out beyond diablo/torchlight/path of exile. So here's the ones I'm aware of off the top of my head:

Diablo series
Torchlight series
Path of Exile
Mighty Quest of Epic Loot (early access)
Darkspore
Titan Quest
Fate
Deathspank? Not sure if this one is, I saw it in a humble bundle but never tried it.

Sacred and Sacred 2 are also classics. Apparently Sacred 3 is in the making. I really loved Sacred 2 back then, but I don't know why. It didn't get very good reviews. For me I think it's just the massive variety of loot and areas and how ridiculous it was.

I would add Marvel Heroes to this list, but at the same time I woulnd't recommend this game to anyone.

A little off-topic here: for me action rpgs are the games like: Vampire: Bloodlines and Deus Ex, not the hack and slashes or Diablo - clones, I guess it comes down to terminology. :)

Speaking of Vampire, there is another game called Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption which has something in common with Diablo, but it has much more story and dialogues. It's a old game, so perhaps it's not for everybody.

Grim Dawn - I got bored of this though. Once you have killed 50 of the same monsters i lose interest without a compelling story

Top Bottom