Live on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
The change this hour seems to be the lightning becoming more intense.

Everyone is interested, it certainly isn't bad marketing. First thing I did this morning was check in on the clouds! I think it's both exciting and fun.

Do you really think their intention is for you to watch the entire stream? I don't think so, more likely their intention is to pique your interest, which they have done successfully, unless you intend to avoid the announcement when it comes. I would wager there isn't a single person who will avoid the announcement because they've lost interest.

The fact that the wait might frustrate people is a little irrelevant. Are you aware that something is coming? Yes. Will you find out what it is? Yes. Are you likely to check here or the stream at some point during the day? Probably.

I'm not saying it is the greatest campaign ever but it definitely isn't bad, it works. Whether it works any more than a simple rolling wheel tweet is another question entirely, I guess only marketing experts with access to the right data would be able to tell you.

OF course, CivFanatics is hardly a useful proving ground for successful marketing campaigns since we get excited over every tiny update to steamdb...

I agree. It’s kinda funny. And also interesting to see how bad the weather can get.

But I’m going to be disappointed if Mothra doesn’t turn up.

I just hope what we get isn’t a damp squib.

Last edited:
While i am looking forward to finding out what all this about, i can't say i care for the whole 12-24 hours of nothing but weather effects. a few hours of it to get people to come to the stream, then actually start it is what i prefer.

Interested and annoyed at the same time now. I'm also interested and annoyed with what is happening in North Korea, so I'm not sure if that's a goal worth going for? Their marketing is so detached from reality that I dont expect much more than a 24-hour teaser for a trailer of something happening in 3 or 4 months. I expect there's still no actual mod support, no AI improvements, no UI improvements and probably still no fun - just more content thrown in there...

Interested and annoyed at the same time now. I'm also interested and annoyed with what is happening in North Korea, so I'm not sure if that's a goal worth going for? Their marketing is so detached from reality that I dont expect much more than a 24-hour teaser for a trailer of something happening in 3 or 4 months. I expect there's still no actual mod support, no AI improvements, no UI improvements and probably still no fun - just more content thrown in there...
Agree, expansion is only as good as patches and fixes that follow it. That's why Rise and Fall didn't suck me in as much, the Dev team is not the best at patching their game.

This is pretty boring.

Is it?
Would you prefer the traditional/established/unimaginative variant of a clock showing a "count-down until reveal"?

I find it actually interesting and stop by every other hour to watch the progress of the looming disaster.
This is not meant to be followed live (and my previous comment was very much toung-in-cheek ... and also percepted as such, I think ;) )

Edit: I think, your next post ninjaing this one answered my question ...

Last edited:
OK, now that it's apparent there won't be anything actually revealed/announced until at least 24 hours after the stream started, I've decided I'm OK with this teaser. Yes, it's a bit of light "trolling" but I applaud them for trying something different and it's certainly got me interested in seeing what happens.

Mostly I'm waiting to see if the title of the expansion is the same as the leaked one. If that's the case it would be very likely we'd be seeing some of the leaked Civs, most likely all of them.

Will Guinness award Firaxis the longest marketing livestream tease for this?

The League of Legends World Finals broadcast was preceded by 24 hours of games at past World Championships. Not sure if that counts as a tease though...

Is it?
Would you prefer the traditional/established/unimaginative variant of a clock showing a "count-down until reveal"?

I find it actually interesting and stop by every other hour to watch the progress of the looming disaster.
This is not meant to be followed live (and my previous comment was very much toung-in-cheek ... and also percepted as such, I think ;) )

Yea, I liked the speculations and brainstorming over the twitter teases they did with R&F. This is just dull.

Is it?

A teaser image offers far more than tricking people initially into thinking "oh, they're going to be streaming the reveal in an hour... two hours...? three? Bugger this, it's not worth it.". Plus it fosters far less hostility. Think of all the discussions we've had over the leaked images alone. Pages of debate on the merits of Eleanor of Aquitaine vs Aethelflaed as the identity of Waifu Doe. This? People either joking or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm now listening to the stream in the background while I'm working from home. It's quite soothing! So, uh, thanks for that, Firaxis?

Don't know if anyone's reading the stream side bar but there's a guy posting more (slightly different) "leaks"... Cool Gamer, if anyone wants to follow.

I find those "leaks' even less credible than the ones they alredy got

Tornado time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom