Live stream "Masterclass: Faction Strategies" Friday, Sept 26 at 2pm EST

I have two questions.

In the Advanced Setup menu there is an option called "Frenzied Aliens". This is probably similar to the "Raging Barbarians" option in Civ 5, but it would be great if you could find out what exactly it changes. Does aliens spawn more frequently? Does your aggressive reputation with the aliens decrease slower/escalate quicker or is it permanently set at the highest level of hostility? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I heard somewhere that stations will disappear if no one trades with them. Could you confirm this?

The purpose of that checkbox is for you to toggle it once out of curiosity, lose a game, and then toggle it off. Or so I have found.

So... many... beetles...

The purpose of that checkbox is for you to toggle it once out of curiosity, lose a game, and then toggle it off. Or so I have found.

So... many... beetles...

Perhaps, it will give a good challenge to the "crazy" deity players who constantly whine that civ is too easy. LOL

The munchkins plan to try to exploit the relative immunity Explorers earn with Purity level 1 by surrounding aliens with explorers and herding them around. I think that will be a waste of production and upkeep energy, but they're welcome to knock themselves out trying. Literally.

Surrounding may be a bit excessive, but if you can spare the unit maintenance having a few barriers of 2-3 explorers in a chain might be worth it. Of course, that's assuming that aliens that don't attack explorers can't just walk past them. :D

Surrounding may be a bit excessive, but if you can spare the unit maintenance having a few barriers of 2-3 explorers in a chain might be worth it. Of course, that's assuming that aliens that don't attack explorers can't just walk past them. :D

if the aliens did just go through them would be the easiest solution to the ability being OP. Sure, your explorer is alien-proof, but they're not stopping anything.

We need to see how the exploit works - there was a discussion if it would save your city/ outposts/ trade routes. from Aliens. But a lot of explorers seems reasonable anyway - expeditions tie them up for a long time and the Supremacy victory requires a lot of spare, expendable units

We're not sure if the Supremacy victory just relies on unit count or total unit strength (ie you could win it with 50 angels or 1500 explorers)..hopefully it is unit strength. So its not just 100 Angels or 100 explorers.

We're not sure if the Supremacy victory just relies on unit count or total unit strength (ie you could win it with 50 angels or 1500 explorers)..hopefully it is unit strength. So its not just 100 Angels or 100 explorers.

We have come to Conquer you and show you the way of the Robot! :scan:

Earthlings look at the explorers who still have the same equipment as when they left. :crazyeye:

wait, please stop shooting us!! we're just volunteers!@!@ :eek:

Didn't want to do this anyways, but those jerk mechs pushed us through :cry:

Can we join you now? :blush: We got fungus cakes!

Hey Madjinn, I'd love to hear any details you can dig out of the devs about multiplayer. Really would like to be playing this with intelligent and adaptive human players, rather than AIs... but the devs have said very little about whether they're doing anything to fix stability and frequent disconnect issues from Civ5, or whether we can expect any kind of updated multiplayer experience (mod support! <3).

I know it's not a big priority compared to game mechanics, but I have to ask. I am DYING for details here. :cringe:

Welcoming Committee might not work out but I would really like to see how an early aggressive war (by Brasilia say) would play out.

I can't shake off the thought having a few barriers of 2-3 marines would be far more effective.

I'm going to have to go with Frenzied Aliens now. That sounds fun :)

Another advantage of frenzied aliens is that if you can survive long enough to build up your military and you get the virtue that grants science per alien kill, then you can probably rack up some huge science from killing aliens.

Thinking of the Frenzied Aliens, the effect of Difficulty level on the player themselves (less starting health? more health cost per pop?) at the highest level is something I'd like to see.

Top Bottom