[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

For my style of game, that is horribly overpowered. That can equate to a governor title per turn even with marathon ++.

Future civics have always given a governor tile each time you research it.

I am still baffled that you can participate in the World Congress and not know half the civs. In quill's third video there's a vote, and he's met only 3 of the 7 AI.

Where is this congress held? How are you meeting with all the world leaders to make decisions with a global impact, and at the same time not know who these leaders are? Is everyone wearing a mask?

Future civics have always given a governor tile each time you research it.

Really? Jeez. That is nuts.

Well, I guess most games don't extend that far. But still... I wish they'd consider that some do when they make these rule changes.

edit: but then again, what's the harm? I guess its not so bad.

Really? Jeez. That is nuts.

Well, I guess most games don't extend that far. But still... I wish they'd consider that some do when they make these rule changes.

The power is proportional to how much time left you have to exploit.

The future era is the final phase of the game. The impact these extra titles have is relatively insignificant assuming you already got the ones you needed for your chosen victory type.

This frenchie is playing on Immortal for anyone interested.

SPACE TOURISM
The tourism of other players is reduced by 20% for your civilization.
Screw renaissance French and Italian art, let's go to the Star Wars Convention on the moon!

i would be very interested to know if they levy an CS troops and how they fared... but I need language to watch a video, bad language preferred.

In Quill's gameplay I saw Qin Shi (AI) levy a City State... so.. it may now be a thing.

Okay, yeah. Note to Firaxis: If you're gonna have Eleanor of Aquitaine lead either country, her capital is Chinon(England)/Poitiers(France). Or both Chinon. I thought we had no capital sharing? Oh well, I'm still hyped.

Sharing this to increase the odds of Firaxis seeing it and correcting the capitals.

Man, I remember watching Quill let's play back in the day, I think it was even before Civ V when he played Civ IV. Talk about being way different. Back then he was quiet and played the game pretty well. I just watched a few of the GS videos and it's almost stressing me out watching him, haha. I don't mind anyone playing "non-optimally" but he is just rushing like crazy and misses so many things. It's like it's a competition to click things as quickly as possible. Guess he has a busy schedule nowadays. :lol:

Last edited:
For those of you watching the streams closely, would you say diplomacy offers a legitimate peaceful solution to dealing with problematic Civs? Are there meaningful sanctions that offer an alternative to war, or are we just rolling with military emergencies every time someone steps out of line?

Man, I remember watching Quill let's play back in the day, I think it was even before Civ V. Talk about being way different. Back then he was quiet and played the game pretty well. I just watched a few of the GS videos and it's almost stressing me out watching him, haha. I don't mind anyone playing "non-optimally" but he is just rushing like crazy and misses so many things. It's like it's a competition to click things as quickly as possible. Guess he has a busy schedule nowadays. :lol:
Quill plays the same way in every civ6 play-through. Plays on routine nowadays, not changing anything.

Sad, that Broyar hasn't got early access.

Many a True Nerd got early access though, he is funny. Perhaps not the typical civ player but still.

Heh, he got a governor title from the goody hut. Nice one!

Heh, he got a governor title from the goody hut. Nice one!

I'm of the belief that goody huts have become too much of an RNG swing. Your first tribal village could give you something as great as a relic, a governor title, or a builder, or it could give you an inspiration you were 100% guaranteed to unlock on your own.

I'm of the belief that goody huts have become too much of an RNG swing. Your first tribal village could give you something as great as a relic, a governor title, or a builder, or it could give you an inspiration you were 100% guaranteed to unlock on your own.

If we get a Governor title, recruit Liang, and get a randon worker from another goody hut, we get a bonus build chance? That is huge indeed for early game.

Its odd that they sensibly dropped the free settler (at low difficulty levels) that previous civs allowed but then permit things as OP as a chance of a relic on turn 1. Governor titles seem pretty OP as well. Until you get to future tech they're finite, you get one for reaching a particular point, not at random. Well not any more.

I'm at work right now (more accurately my placement for my college program that I enrolled to last year; I'm volunteering as an archivist), and I've been procrastinating by looking through this entire thread (I'm really lacking focus today). Just wanted to comment on the more striking posts.

Still haven't found the source of the Chocolate Hills one yet however....

It's (seems to be) from a local legend from the island of Bohol (the island in the Philippines where the Hills are from).

However if you ask me, a Filipino, I have never heard of that legend before. We Filipinos have origin legends for everything, and each has a different way of telling the story depending on which tribe or linguistic group is telling it.

In this case there are actually two more well-known versions: all involve giants, none involve princesses. One involves giants hurling balls of mud at each other; the other says that the Hills are actually tears of a broken-hearted giant. Other more well-known versions include burnt cakes. So far I haven't seen anything on Google that's as close as the quote in the game.

https://www.bohol.ph/article6.html

LOVE that Eleanor has two different models for England and France. Love the shade of pink they used for her too.

Is it just me or does the Eleanor on the right look incredibly creepy - like Civ3 creepy?

You cannot ignore requests anymore.

I like how requests have diplomatic consequences - both on you and the other party - but I don't like how you can't ignore requests. That has to have a penalty somehow as well.

Exoplanet expedition only gives 1 era score lol

What? Unless they give you a big bonus for being the first, then that's kind of a letdown and incredibly self-depreciating. It's not like you're going to Venus or something.

Ok back to work lol

Top Bottom