1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Yeah, that's me as well: completionist, but I don't want to retread certain civs.

Some may be retroactive based off of achievements, i.e. achieve x victory with x leader, but otherwise I don't know how they'd have kept track.

Zaarin likes this.
  2. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I've been watching Potato and he is going for a Religion game too. Not a religious victory but he is focusing on religion big time. I hope some streamers focus on Science.

That can be a powerful wonder if you're Suzerain of at least 3 city states. I hope it is available in the mid-game or a small bit earlier.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  3. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

Someone need to tell those livestreamers they need to build bunch of factories and destroy earth by Coal CO2 levels ... and not show aspects of the game who were revealed two years ago.

Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  4. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

The French version says it will provide +4 Faith for some reasons... Hmmmm

5. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

That's the Divine Inspiration religious belief.

6. kryat

kryat King

I imagine you only need to complete type of victory once, with any leader for each.

7. mondetactica

mondetactica Chieftain

Oh my gosh, Eleanor!

8. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

Oh I don't know that that religious belief adds to the tooltip, probably cuz I have never taken that belief. However, the GGB tooltip in French (which I assume was from the same stream) did not contain +4 Faith.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  9. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Cities can have different dominant religions. Also, I think I took that one from the tech, not from a production screen.

10. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

It unlocks with Sanitation.

11. SeelingCat

SeelingCat Warlord

That would make sense for the quote; the closest I got was thinking it might have been related to a legend about Maria Makiling.

That Eleanor needs some eyebrows for sure though.

12. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Just like Blizzard has their Blizzard Jail for stuff like this (meme, nothing serious), Firaxis should soon open Firaxis Jail.

13. SeelingCat

SeelingCat Warlord

Literally right after responding, I think I've found the source for the Chocolate Hills quote:
    It's part of a story called The Three Brothers ("Narrated by Gregorio Frondoso, a Bicol from Tigaon, Camarines. The narrator says, 'This story was told to me by an old man who happened to stay at our house one night. He was a traveller. I was then a little boy.”') as part of a larger collection of Filipino Popular Tales compiled by Dean S. Fansler.

Meluhhan, CivLuvah and Guandao like this.
  14. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

After watching a couple videos, trading around strategics, lux, and diplo favor for gold looks very strong. Purchasing stuff (builder/settler) looks easier with more currency to convert to gold from AI trades.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Has anyone observed yields on the Chocolate Hills yet?

16. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

It's not that uncommon for blond people with thin eyebrows to look like they have no brows. The overwhelming majority of my mom's family, including my mom, has either blond or red hair.

17. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

Is it just me.. Everyone is going for Inca, Hungary, and Maori and nobody is covering Mali?

My google-fu is not great, but if there is a Mali streamer preview I'm interested.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  18. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I'm not watching any of this stuff, because I want to be less familiar with the gameplay when it is released. Only Firaxis live streams will do. I also don't care much for their play styles. :p

Meluhhan, Depravo, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  19. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

"Sell everything you can lay your hands on" is already really powerful in RF. GS adds diplo favour to the mix, letting you get even more early gold. Plus now trade routes will yield more gold when travelling overseas, so yet more potential gold.

And yes, selling all your strategics and luxuries let's you run a gold-based economy from the very early game. It's one of the reasons I've found that cutting out chopping didn't slow down my empire's development by much. It means districts are slower to get up, but districts are almost the only thing I hard build any more. Okay, that last point is an exaggeration, as a purely gold-based economy doesn't happen until mid-game, but the point is that buying immediately gets you what you want where you want, and the quicker you get to that point and away from producing anything except projects, the better. The new tradeable diplomatic favours should make it even faster to get to that point.

acluewithout and NegativeZero like this.
  20. Wizard-Bob

Wizard-Bob Always remember to Find Your FUN!

Of course that assumes you choose to sell Diplomatic Favor as opposed to wanting to trade FOR it