1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Warlord

Isn't Camarines pretty far from Bohol, though?

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

You could always set up 1 turn score victories with each leader you don't want to play a full game with.

Then we should demand they fix this. It can't really be done before release I'd imagine as they are busy with final touches, but should be something we demand for the first patch. There is no excuse for this. I would somewhat understated the AI not understanding loyalty or effective governor movement like Magnus chop, but moving units they should be able to do. It can't be that hard to send units to a threatened city and fortify on defensive terrain, or even completely surround their city with their own units. This is at least better than shuffling around units and not doing anything. Play defense instead of looking for opportunities to attack, seeing none, and then randomly moving. This can and should be programmed in. Of course if we saw this we'd just tear them apart with archers, so it would be best to program it so they have a 2nd military force dedicated solely to taking out enemy archers and nothing else.

I enjoy Quill, but his play is unusually bad. Strange because he was playing much better at his Gandhi game recently (Though his 1st attack on Georgia was ill advised). He doesn't put me to sleep like some of the others. I can understand not going for Chichen, he normally chops all rainforest like me, and I never bother with that wonder. He saw the faith on St. Basil's cathedral and went with it without reading the entire description. Not sure why he's even going religion and faith with Canada, they don't need faith for their National parks, and those districts will be in the way of national parks. I can understand the tundra thing, he started nowhere near tundra.

Zaarin likes this.
  3. Melliores

Melliores Warlord

@Depravo
    "Puissance savante" (it is in feminine) does not really mean much in French. Neither does smart power for that matter. Capital diplomatique is an expression used for centuries to describe the political goodwill you might or might not have amassed on the international stage.

It is more of a case of an expression already existing in French that makes much more sense than a mot-à-mot translation. French is a very colorful language in that regard. :)

All those screenshots from the French streamers have now convinced me to switch my game to French for the expansion. It looks pretty well done on first glance.

Depravo, Trav'ling Canuck and Siptah like this.
  4. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Perhaps quill will soon use that faith for rock bands?

5. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

the AI already does a pretty good job using units of city states and barbarians. The petty state of civs using their army must be therefore a design decision.
    it is either to allow the casual player to be able to play the game longer ( if it is the wish of the player ) or simply to delay the victory of the AI to a predetermined minimum turn ( i saw science victories purposefully delayed by AI to after turn 300 ).

What we could ask is a new difficulty which is only unlocked by defeating deity where they remove these shackles?

Seek likes this.
  6. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

So don’t underestimate the power of the GDC!

But these reports are starting to bother me. I guess I always expect, maybe naively, that in a new expansion they’ll do something with the AI. Ever hopeful, I guess.

7. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

Will Drew get Gathering Storm ... he at least use autoplay and just comment AI which is easier to watch than these livestreamers

8. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

One of the things I'm still hunting for.

Eagle Pursuit and bite like this.
  9. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

There's definitely more trade offers, which make sense since there's more to trade. It doesn't bother me but I know it will be a main complaint since a lot of people don't like that. Frequency of trades aside, the way strategic resources works now make so much more sense for trade. That plus diplomatic favors gave a whole new dynamic to trading.

Back in R&F he kind wasted the opportunity, it felt like he wasn't really interested in playing it, he merely did a 13 minutes video that was more focused on being funny than showing the expansion. He either didn't try to get access to GS, which is possible since he doesn't seem to be playing a lot of Civ, or Firaxis didn't include him.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2019
  10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

As for the cstapult, I'm guessing the AI didn't have niter, and presumably did not research steel to skip up to artillery. The more resource requirements for units will make this problem even worse is GS I suspect. As we saw with the Rome legion in last week's stream. The entire melee line after warriors requires resources now.

Another problem is them sending units to far off places. Last week I had an AI catapult roaming around my land fairly late. I was nice enough to form an alliance with him, and he upgraded the very next turn. If we allowed the AI to upgrade anywhere in the world, that would help.

As for the increased trade offers, I'm okay with it, I often forget to shop around trades, so it's nice when them come up to me. But this could be a serious annoyance when I play with 40 civs in the game. :)

Good point. I kind of already forgot about rock bands. It seems like his style to purchase them. Most likely he will.

11. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I was hoping on higher difficulties they’d buff how resources work for the AI - eg reduced resource requirements or bonus yields or whatever. Otherwise, I can’t see how the AI will cope.

12. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yeah, people like Canada can sell dip early and also England with extra iron. There is now much more gold in the game which makes the start earlier but it is the pingala culture promotion that has shocked me most, so OP early.

I did see it, cannot remember where, It was 3 of science or culture and 1 prod I think. But it’s all becoming a blur.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    NegativeZero likes this.
  13. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Really? I've watched all the videos, but not seen it yet. I might have missed it though...

Victoria likes this.
  14. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I know it was a short video, it may have even been a Firaxis one, not a playthrough, I am ironing at the moment, I’ll have a look through later.
    @Giskler ... I just check Ariochs site, it is there, 3 culture 1 prod, Qobustan

EDIT: ah my bad, you are after fhocolate hills, apologies.

15. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Yea, I found the Gobustan one. I was wondering if I was going crazy :crazyeye:

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So far it's all been YouTubers. I wonder when they will permit livestreaming.

17. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Looks like he has removed the video or set it to private now.

18. Starwars

Starwars Prince

I think part of it is that I'm still very "old farty" when it comes to the presentation. I still can't stand the fact that it interrupts the "in between" turns and the fact that the screen becomes the whole world. You can't check what else is going on, you're locked into the screen. I would've loved it so much if they had changed those screens to something like how the World Congress works where you can close the window and look around at everything else.

But it's also the fact that a lot of times the trade offers can be just really dumb or offering you things that you just don't need, like duplicates of luxuries.

The more interactive the game is the better but for me the trading feels pretty boring to me overall now that I think about it. It's true though that that may change a bit when we're actually playing due to the changes in resources as well as diplomatic favor.

narmox and Duuk like this.
  19. ButtBillionaire

ButtBillionaire Warlord

From the video by Sweden's PC Gamer:

Found this interesting, as it shows that Norway uses more than just Icelandic volcanoes for its list of volcano names. Håkon Mosby is a mud volcano, named after a Norwegian oceanographer, at the bottom of the ocean between Svalbard and mainland Norway. I highly doubt that Viking Age Norwegians could ever have known about it, but that's fine.
    Also makes me wonder how long the geographical feature name lists are.

20. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Yep.