1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Right on point. Putting them in the future era is also problematic due to the random placement of the techs - they have a chance to unlock in the very last few turns of the game and, presumably, even not at all in quite an amount of games.

Uberfrog and acluewithout like this.
  2. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Just watched some of Marbozir’s highlights with the Ottomans.

Yeah. Not looking like the AI has got significantly better. Still building just way, way too many catapults...

Leathaface likes this.
  3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Now Dido has 2 GDR's roaming around Quill's territory. And now she's unhappy and won't renew friendship/alliance. I would laugh so much if she attacked him. No way could he defend against 2 GDR's. She may even have another one that I haven't seen. Would be hilarious to see his mountie go up against a GDR. :D

4. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I watched up to the mid-Medieval era in Potato's Maori playthrough, I didn't want to watch longer because I didn't want to spoil myself.

5. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

In one of the later vids from quill18, everybody voted B. He lost a DP. His reaction of "Noooo!" was priceless.

6. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

In that one, only Cyrus spent Favor. All others used only the 1 vote. The AI, can keep this up by banding together.

7. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

I've sampled a bit of everyone of the YouTube posters who have English language videos (sitting through 18 videos so far). Watching these have been a mix of joy and horror. I was hoping that I could get into one of the longer series, but I just can't. Due to a combination of play styles, narration styles, not really focusing on GS features, and countless dumb careless mistakes that make me yell at the computer, and just wanting to play the darn thing myself - I have given up.

I can't believe I spent 16 minutes of one video yelling at my computer over and over "You've already built the Qhapaq Nan, it's sitting right there!"

Hopefully there will be more 20 to 30 minute one offs focusing on game play, or just introductions to the new civs and mechanics. So far, the only ones that haven't driven me completely bonkers are Marbozir's videos. Although I think he actually under performed with his start for the Mali, as someone else already pointed out as well.

I might skip to the end of Qull or Potato's series and watch them wrap up once they are done.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  8. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Indeed. Late game production value has always been a bit sketchy, but it's safe to say that constructing anything with a "per turn" yield in the Future Era is a waste of time.

Science and technology Firaxis style:

Nuclear Fusion — "No problem, we've got that figured out!"
    Offshore Wind Farms — "Woah! Hold your horses, space cowboy, that's some science fiction right there! Put it in the Future Era."

9. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

That's how I see it too. I just don't see how that's anything close to a vote for Canada.

10. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Warlord

Well, you can build Civ6 offshore wind farms in the Ocean, which is definitely futuristic, and also incredibly cost-inefficient.

11. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

English versions.

12. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

I'm a stickler for rules so I have conflicted feelings about it.

King William I and bite like this.
  13. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

Well we do have fusion figured out in the context of weapons, which is what the tech unlocks. Controlling it for power generation is the issue, which is why the game doesn't have a fusion power plant (though this could make an interesting future era option).

I certainly agree, though that there's no real world reason for the wind farms to be considered future tech. Presumably, it's because of some combination of balance (since the ability to generate power from water tiles seems like a significant advantage) and devs wanting that part of the tech tree to include more options beyond GDR upgrades.

14. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

@Giskler if you spot an open shipyard screen it would be nice to know if it has changed, needs power etc. Shipyards currently outperform many factories because city adjacency is +2, Reyna can 100% the values and you get gold as well as prod.

acluewithout likes this.
  15. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Fairly sure I already found that it hasn't been changed.

acluewithout and Victoria like this.
  16. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

17. Victoria

cheers!... so a shipyard with an extra district and one fish adjacent will produce 8 production and 8 gold per turn without power. with a double card.... way before you can get factories powered... hmmm

Stilgar08 and Elhoim like this.
  18. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

I know we'll find out soon enough and I hate to see someone get punished. Also seems unfair to those who followed the rules.

19. Victoria

Dammit, posted in the linked thread... they have changed Shipyards

They have added +1 food, +2 Prod and +2 gold to it... increased it by 25 prod but hey... that's 12 turns with that +2 prod.
    cheers!

acluewithout, Ziad and SammyKhalifa like this.
  20. Jewman

Jewman Prince

Marbozir just posted a video with Phoenicia. He super forward settled inca and canada and they paid him 60 diplomatic favor to promise not to settle them pretty early in game. feels so slimy lol.