[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

You can give it all the cheats you want, but if it's going to spend it on building dozens of support units when it only needs 3-4, it's of no use.
Yeah. Its this kind of thing that is incredibly obvious that 'if x=3, then NOPE' should be a clause under all support units, and a fair number of other things.

The number of mountain tunnels in Quills game (in China and Phoenicia) is another one, but slightly more complex (but not much more. 'if tunnel within y hexes= no tunnel.' Not perfect, but will limit spamming at least)

The cost of a stock exchange, in gold, is 1,560.

The yield of a fully powered stock exchange is 11.

That's an annual return on investment of 0.71%. Even assuming inflation's running at zero, no one who would work in a Civ 6 stock exchange would make one!

However, if your game goes on for an additional 142 turns, at that point you'll be 2 gold to the good, ignoring the time cost of money and the investment in the electricity to get you the extra 7 gold per turn.

Stadium
Electrical needs: 3 power

The bonus Amenity extends to each city center within a radius of 6 tiles. This bonus applies only once in a city, so there is no need to build this building in multiple copies within a radius of 6 tiles around a city center. Tourism +2 if the city has at least 10 inhabitants, +5 if it has at least 20.

+1 Amenity
+2 more Amenities if supplied with electricity

I think we can assume that the Aquatic Center is comparable.

That's an annual return on investment of 0.71%. Even assuming inflation's running at zero, no one who would work in a Civ 6 stock exchange would make one!

However, if your game goes on for an additional 142 turns, at that point you'll be 2 gold to the good, ignoring the time cost of money and the investment in the electricity to get you the extra 7 gold per turn.

On Standard speed the cost is 1170 gold (3*390), so you'll break even in 100ish turns, which is still quite a lot.

I guess the idea is to use production to build it, in order to gain a more flexible and global yield, gold. Still, I'm a bit concerned whether the power system is enough to make Stock Exchanges worthwhile, right now they are the most useless T3 buildings in my opinion.

Edit: I guess you're also paying for a Great Merchant point.

The scaling of late game buildings and their yields continues to leave a lot to be desired.

On Standard speed the cost is 1170 gold (3*390), so you'll break even in 100ish turns, which is still quite a lot.

I guess the idea is to use production to build it, in order to gain a more flexible and global yield, gold. Still, I'm a bit concerned whether the power system is enough to make Stock Exchanges worthwhile, right now they are the most useless T3 buildings in my opinion.

Edit: I guess you're also paying for a Great Merchant point.

It depends on whether the +7 is doubled by a policy or not.

The current Stock Exchange is +7 gold. The GS Stock Exchange is +4 gold (a nerf), or +11 gold if powered. Powering the Stock Exchange requires fuel for a power plant, production to switch to updated power plants as technology permits, and dealing with the impact power plants have on the environment. I'm still not sure this is the boost T3 buildings needed to make them more enticing to players.

Remind me not to use the airport that doesn't have any lights.

Yeah, I'd say both the airport and lighthouse should need power to be fully effective and the higher level harbour buildings should consume fuel and iron. The airport perhaps fuel and aluminium.

Shouldn't be too hard to mod though.

Do we know if power is pooled across the empire or does it have to be used locally?

Yeah, I'd say both the airport and lighthouse should need power to be fully effective and the higher level harbour buildings should consume fuel and iron. The airport perhaps fuel and aluminium.

Do we know if power is pooled across the empire or does it have to be used locally?
Yeah, I don't know. I wonder if you can choose which things to give your juice to.

It is provided regionally by power plants and locally by renewable sources.

I agree that they need to provide additional benefits for powered buildings in some cases. 150% as a set rule might not work for Stock Exchange.

Quill18 said he isn't doing any more GS videos until he is allowed to livestream next week.

Quill18 said he isn't doing any more GS videos until he is allowed to livestream next week.
Yea, I saw he wasn't allowed to stream. I don't understand why not now that Eleanor has been revealed.

Top Bottom