[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

I don't know if it's "good" but I really really like the idea of this wonder and what it does.

By the time you get it built, you will have most of those districts placed in your main cities. Increases to their adjacency bonuses will be largely incidental.

It may boost up your later cities a bit, but not "whoa this is amazing" amounts.

By the time you get it built, you will have most of those districts placed in your main cities. Increases to their adjacency bonuses will be largely incidental.

It may boost up your later cities a bit, but not "whoa this is amazing" amounts.

But if it does give you an extra couple adjacency for each, which pushes them to the +3 mark to get powered by the policy card, starts to get tempting, if you're in a mountainous location. And since it's built on a mountain, it's not like it takes up a regular tile.

And still agree on the earlier comments that powered buildings still aren't strong enough. Maybe they should change their yields back to their original amounts, but change power to be something like "+25% science/culture/gold/etc" in the city?

Writing Bull guy has managed to get to turn 102 in video 26.

I hope you aren't watching all of that in real time. And I thought gamemechanic videos were slow.

I hope you aren't watching all of that in real time. And I thought gamemechanic videos were slow.
Hahahahaha, no. Watching that in real time would make me wish my brain tumour had been malignant.

Last edited:

Interestingly enough, this does "solve" an issue on Inland sea maps. Quite a few starts are on 1 tile lakes without rivers in sight for minimal adjacenties on a majority of districts.

It can come into play shortly after Commerce Hubs, so with some decent scouting a player would know if their immediate area would benefit from snagging Machu. So I can see it being built in some games, but not sought after like Peta.

It is powerful on theater squares as decent adjacency for those is not easy to come by for most civs. However, ~400 production for the bonus +4gpt doesn't make Machu fantastic and the requirements are easy enough for the AI to race or snag it.

If Machu's bonus can net +2 yields for about 4 or more districts by mid-game, I could see the wonder more then pay for itself. It is particularly nice with Mali, Greece, and Japan for 1/2 priced districts and other hill/mountain biased civs.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, this does "solve" an issue on Inland sea maps. Quite a few starts are on 1 tile lakes without rivers in sight for minimal adjacenties on a majority of districts.

It can come into play shortly after Commerce Hubs, so with some decent scouting a player would know if their immediate area would benefit from snagging that wonder. So I can see it being built in some games, but not sought after like Peta.

It is powerful on theater squares as decent adjacency for those is not easy to come by for most civs. However, ~400 production for the bonus +4gpt doesn't make Machu fantastic and the requirements are easy enough for the AI to race or snag it.

I would've like to see another trade or loyalty ability instead.

I think the biggest drawback is that there is already a lot of competition for using those tiles next to mountains. Especially for the Inca.

I think it will be highly situational BUT there will be times when it could be really powerful. Plus trying to max adjacency bonuses combined with cards that boost them is just fun.

I think the biggest drawback is that there is already a lot of competition for using those tiles next to mountains. Especially for the Inca.

I think it will be highly situational BUT there will be times when it could be really powerful. Plus trying to max adjacency bonuses combined with cards that boost them is just fun.

Yes, building those other districts next to a mountain is a space that campus/holy sites can't get a mountain adjacency.

I don't mind it as a bonus, but almost would rather have seen it as a "Mountain Petra" from this expansion. If it made mountain tiles within the city workable with +2food/+2 production/+2 faith, for example, that could have been a neat bonus that would be great for those cities with a ton of useless mountain tiles.

For those wondering about culture victory, it looks largely unchanged. Makes me wonder why they add things like rock bands and ski resorts. Though the ski resorts are nice since you don't have to focus on getting coastal land in your empire.

And yes, the Maori are insane for national park locations.

His culture victory is coming quite early:

Spoiler :

Yeah; tiles next to mountains are rather good for districts, mines, (some) UIs, and strategics at times. An additional option is nice, but I'd have liked it to do something for each district and not just a select few.

Some of the most powerful wonders are out during Machu's era, so we know it could've done more.

For those wondering about culture victory, it looks largely unchanged. Makes me wonder why they add things like rock bands and ski resorts. Though the ski resorts are nice since you don't have to focus on getting coastal land in your empire.

And yes, the Maori are insane for national park locations.

His culture victory is coming quite early:

Spoiler :

The AI need to "learn" how to show some decent culture resistance, regardless of who is the leader. Either that or Firaxis need to increase the generation of domestic tourists. 369 isn't a lot of tourism, it's ridiculous that he is winning so early.

The AI need to "learn" how to show some decent culture resistance, regardless of who is the leader. Either that or Firaxis need to increase the generation of domestic tourists. 369 isn't a lot of tourism, it's ridiculous that he is winning so early.
The problem with culture victory (now and apparently still will be) is that if you are the only civ that go for culture, then it isn't that hard. The same can (in theory) occur for the other victory types, you are the only one that go for science or you are the only one that go for religion) but I haven't seen that happen (yet). Luckily it doesn't happen that often. Often there are a couple of civs with high culture in a standard game.
I agree that it would be a good if civs would understand how to counter tourism.

The problem with culture victory (now and apparently still will be) is that if you are the only civ that go for culture, then it isn't that hard. The same can (in theory) occur for the other victory types, you are the only one that go for science or you are the only one that go for religion) but I haven't seen that happen (yet). Luckily it doesn't happen that often. Often there are a couple of civs with high culture in a standard game.
I agree that it would be a good if civs would understand how to counter tourism.

I'll have to put every cultural leaders in the game when I'm playing cultural, to get at least some decent Resistance and try not to win ridiculously early.

Top Bottom