LK Planning thread

Ready for Australia.
LKendter (wm)
Elephantium (wm)
Arathorn (wm)
Greebley (wm)
HardCode (?)

Can I get some feedback on level. We have 4 that play diety. To add HardCode we would have to drop a level or 2.

Please, don't adjust your level of play because of me. I'd rather lurk an exciting game than play in one that is not as interesting to the team. How about just keeping me in mind for a future SG. Best thing would probably be for me to start a training game, so I can learn to at least survive in an SG at your level.

I'd also like to play as Australia. :rockon: Things are stable on the family front (my father's health) for the moment, and with this larger than usual roster I'd hope it would be less serious if I have to take long skips.

Regarding HardCode's participation, any decision the team reaches will be fine with me. I'll just point out that given Australia's isolation, this should be an impossible game to mess up in terms of losing native cities--so perhaps HC could cope with deity? We do need new blood--though to see really old blood in the form of Arathorn :lol: is great too.

LKendter (wm)
Elephantium (wm)
Arathorn (wm)
Greebley (wm)
Northern Pike (wm)

I will roll up a deity start later. I don't want to rush a start before commitments shortly.

Regarding HardCode's participation, any decision the team reaches will be fine with me. I'll just point out that given Australia's isolation, this should be an impossible game to mess up in terms of losing native cities--so perhaps HC could cope with deity?

These tend to be very long games. I've currently committed myself to "training mode", playing huge pangea at Monarch to start, and will move up to Emperor and then Deity. Huge pangea, to me, tends to be the most difficult due to all the AI cities, early contacts among AI (for much faster AI research), and a straight path to your door for AI armies. Even at Monarch, the first two AI I've met were 4 techs up (I did catch them though, so far, in the mid-Middle Ages, and then crushing Sumeria and the Mongols next door).

That said, perhaps if RL gets in the way for some players a few months into this game, maybe I can substitute if needed. I hope to be at least winning Emperor huge pangea by then. If not, I should be ready for the next LK game.

I will be following this SG :)

Lurking for this one. RL is far too hectic with house moving, wedding etc.

And to add to that, my steam C3C complete doesn't work any longer after the ill fated update steam dished out :(

Steam should allow you to download a new version of a game you have bought?

I haven't tried civ since the last time we played, but I also have civ3 via steam.

============

For the latter part of the game when things get slow:

1) It seems a week (to at most 2 weeks) is a good time to aim for. Sometimes we go over this but not by a lot.

2) I think it worth taking a turn even if you are somewhat busy and can only play 1-3 turns within said week or two. Each player looking at the situation adds his contribution/strength to the position, so I think fewer than 5 turns is better than a skip.

3) I usually aim for 5 turns unless I have a lot of time to play. 10 becomes a huge commitment.

Sorry for bothering everyone, but is it still possible to download the map and batch files? The passage of time has eaten many older attachments...

The .biq in a zip file.

The setup batch also in a zip file.

Attachments

• LKCWorld-V3E.zip
    96 KB · Views: 251
  • SETUP-UNITS5.zip
    462 bytes · Views: 286
Top Bottom