LK Planning thread

My plans will be for Austria - however, the game start will take a bit as I want to test drive a bit before starting the game.

Originally posted by Northern Pike

I don't think this came out quite as Meldor intended. We got our Hussars in MLDR04, after some manipulation of Pediaicons.txt, and they were great fun to use. But we weren't allowed to build tanks, presumably because the Austrians were considered to be occupying the Germans' slot in the game, and the Germans build Panzers (which we didn't get, of course) instead. So if you use the Austrians, pay attention to which civ they seem to be replacing.
You are spot on, I have been way too busy lately. Yes we got the hussars and made good use of them. Of course, with all the experts playing, we didn't even miss the tanks. The Hussar armies took them all out.

I am happy to report I have a valid Austria mod that removed Sumeria.

I played a test game up to Military Tradition and got to build Hussars that tripped a GA. I will start LK62 tomorrow (heading to sleep in 10 minutes).

At the moment nothing more planned. I was trying to start one game. Of course at the rate LK61 is going may anounce another opening soon. ;)

Some ideas for LK66

1) AWM with 20K.
Totally conflicting goals as with must be at war with the world, AND our only valid way to win is by 20K. This means our second city must be immediately devoted to culture. We can't get rushed wonders via military leaders, so this could get really tough.
Previous deity military win required.

2) AWE
Enough said - I make another attempt at what caused one of the only losses for the LK series. :(

3) The pacifist Civ - we can never start a war, and must seek peace quickly. The wars must end when the AI offers peace.

4) Simply deity - I don't have to say anything more.

Long term ideas - both in the future due to the RBC series having too much activity.
Age of discovery variants -
One of my ideas is to win as the Europeans without treasure, or a Europeans culture win (is that possible?)

Middle ages fun -
I still would like to simply win as this also caused a loss in the LK series. I also would like to play a variant to attempt a domination win.

1) AWM with 20K.
Signed up:
LKendter

2) AWE
Signed up:
LKendter
JustBen

3) The pacifist Civ
Signed up:
LKendter

4) Simply deity -
Signed up:
LKendter

1) AWM with 20K.
Signed up:
LKendter

2) AWE
Signed up:
LKendter
JustBen
meldor

3) The pacifist Civ
Signed up:
LKendter

4) Simply deity -
Signed up:
LKendter

Now that forums are back, I am bumping this up to try and fill the game.

1) AWM with 20K.
Signed up:
LKendter
hotrod0823

2) AWE
Signed up:
LKendter
JustBen
meldor
hotrod0823

3) The pacifist Civ
Signed up:
LKendter

4) Simply deity -
Signed up:
LKendter

Do sign me up for the AWM 20K.

Grimjack

1) AWM with 20K.
Signed up:
LKendter
hotrod0823
Grimjack

2) AWE
Signed up:
LKendter
JustBen
meldor
hotrod0823

3) The pacifist Civ
Signed up:
LKendter

4) Simply deity -
Signed up:
LKendter

We now have a race between AWM 20K and AWE. Who wants the last slots?

Also, I still have one world map opening - check it out at
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84143

I am closing ideas #3 and #4. I am still going to try and fill at least one the below games:

1) AWM with 20K.
Signed up:
LKendter
hotrod0823
Grimjack

2) AWE
Signed up:
LKendter
JustBen
meldor
hotrod0823

I don't want to start a game without 5 people. I am going to give the above another 48 horus and then I will have to declare these ideas dead - it is already 4 days for these openings...

If it is just one person lacking, sign me up for the AWE instead then.

Grimjack

I will get the AWE going tonight - conditional upon getting a start that survives the first 20 turns. ;)

Top Bottom