LK World Map Updates

These are the new changes for version 2.
The Aztecs are allowed in the regular game to build warriors. I incorrectly fixed this in version one. It is back to the correct version of the Aztec get warriors and jags.

I started giving the scientific leaders names:
The first block came from Noble prize winner. I am open to suggestions for more sources.

For Australia: Doherty, Eccles, and Burnet
For Argentina: Leloir, Houssay

I added the changes from patch 1.22 listed below.
1) Electronics requirement removed from Motorized Transportation.
2) Radio Tech removed.
3) Advanced Flight now requires Electronics.
4) Civil Defense requires Electronics.
5) Industrial Tech Page updated to reflect change.
6) Radar Towers require Advanced Flight.

Carrier is now available with flight. I always thought it was silly that you could build a ship to carry planes when you didn't know what a plane was.

This is the start of the testing for the next world map game after India.
1) Unique units test - make sure the Civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc. Also look for any sign of missing units or anything else strange for that civ.
1A) Aztecs Testing Complete
1B) Egypt Testing Complete
1C) Greece Testing Complete
1D) Babylon LKendter is testing
1E) Germany
1F) Russia
1G) China
1H) France
1I) Persia
1J) Zululand
1K) Iroquois
1L) Mongols
1M) The tech changes from 1.22. LKendter is testing
1N) Carrier is now available with flight. LKendter is testing

The industrial science screen looks good.
1M) Radar Towers require Advanced Flight. One built after Advanced Flight. I still need to check if available earlier.

Please post which tests you can help with. This is a low priority item for now. I hope some players can help me out.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V2D.zip

The Aztecs are allowed in the regular game to build warriors. I incorrectly fixed this in version one. It is back to the correct version of the Aztec get warriors and jags.

The first block came from Noble prize winner. I am open to suggestions for more sources.

2) Radio Tech removed.

Carrier is now available with flight. I always thought it was silly that you could build a ship to carry planes when you didn't know what a plane was.

1) Unique units test - make sure the Civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc. Also look for any sign of missing units or anything else strange for that civ.
1D) Babylon
1E) Germany LKendter is testing
1F) Russia
1G) China
1H) France
1I) Persia
1J) Zululand
1K) Iroquois
1L) Mongols
1M) The tech changes from 1.22. LKendter is testing
1N) Carrier is now available with flight. LKendter is testing

1M) Radar Towers require Advanced Flight. One built after Advanced Flight. I still need to check if available earlier.

Please post which tests you can help with. This is a low priority item for now. I hope some players can help me out.

2) Radio Tech removed.

1D) Babylon LKendter is testing
1E) Germany Testing Complete
1F) Russia
1G) China
1H) France
1I) Persia
1J) Zululand
1K) Iroquois
1L) Mongols
1M) The tech changes from 1.22. Testing Complete
1N) Carrier is now available with flight. Testing Complete
1O) >>> In the debate stage what other changes I want to make.

2) Radio Tech removed.

I increased OCN from 20 to 24. This is to try and help the excessively slow science pace that happened in LK65. I will also lower the science factor a bit. I haven't decided how much yet.

I brought back some faster ship movement. The current list is how much faster the ships are.
Aegis Cruiser = speed 9, Battleship = speed 7, Caravel = speed 5, Carrier = speed 7, Cruiser = speed 7, Destroyer = speed 9, Frigate = speed 6, Galleon = speed 5, Ironclad = speed 5, Nuke sub = speed 7, Privateer = speed 7, Submarine = speed 5, Transport = speed 7.

I have removed the one square islands to end the problem of 1CC Civs that are meaningless.

1) Aztecs Testing Complete
2) Egypt Testing Complete
3) Greece Testing Complete
4) Babylon Testing Complete
5) Germany Testing Complete
6) Russia LKendter is testing
7) China
8) France
9) Persia
10) Zululand
11) Iroquois
12) Mongols
13) The tech changes from 1.22. Testing Complete
14) Carrier is now available with flight. Testing Complete
15) The faster ship movement from the PTW version. Testing Complete

The industrial science screen looks good. The 1.22 tech changes work.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V2F.zip

2) Radio Tech removed.

I increased OCN from 20 to 24. This is to try and help the excessively slow science pace that happened in LK65. I will also lower the science factor a bit. I haven't decided how much yet.

I brought back some faster ship movement. The current list is how much faster the ships are.
Aegis Cruiser = speed 9, Battleship = speed 7, Caravel = speed 5, Carrier = speed 7, Cruiser = speed 7, Destroyer = speed 9, Frigate = speed 6, Galleon = speed 5, Ironclad = speed 5, Nuke sub = speed 7, Privateer = speed 7, Submarine = speed 5, Transport = speed 7.

I have removed the one square islands to end the problem of 1CC Civs that are meaningless.

1) Aztecs Testing Complete
2) Egypt Testing Complete
3) Greece Testing Complete
4) Babylon Testing Complete
5) Germany Testing Complete
6) Russia Testing Complete
7) China LKendter is testing
8) France
9) Persia
10) Zululand
11) Iroquois
12) Mongols
13) The tech changes from 1.22. Testing Complete
14) Carrier is now available with flight. Testing Complete
15) The faster ship movement from the PTW version. Testing Complete

The industrial science screen looks good. The 1.22 tech changes work.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V2F.zip

For the first time in ages I am thinking about making a change.

Does Greece in Europe make the game just to croweded there? I have NEVER seen Greece be a meaningfull power in any of the WM games.

Should Greece be removed?

I am debating going into chance mode again for the world map before I start the next game.

What is being considered:
1 - Move the Iroqious to the west coast and rename to a different tribe. America and the Iorqious start to close to each other.

2 - Remove Greece - Europe is to crowded, and Greece always seems to suck. The question is what part of the map needs a new civ? The only real open area is Siberia, but a civ starting there would be pitiful.

I am debating going into chance mode again for the world map before I start the next game.

What is being considered:
1 - Move the Iroqious to the west coast and rename to a different tribe. America and the Iorqious start to close to each other.
How about either Nez Perce or Shoshone and start them in the Seattle/Vancouver area.
2 - Remove Greece - Europe is to crowded, and Greece always seems to suck. The question is what part of the map needs a new civ? The only real open area is Siberia, but a civ starting there would be pitiful.
If it were me I would just take them out and not replace them.
My humble 2 cents worth on the matter.

I like the Sioux, as it is one of the few tribes of America that I know the name. It winds up more in the midwest, then far west, but I still get my goal of not having 2 civs on top of each other.

So far, I can't find the first city to make the capitol. Possible names are:
Spirit Lake
Crow Creek
Little Big Horn
Wolf Mountain
Yanktonai
Wahpeton
Wahpekute
Ogalala
Sicangu
Hunkpapa
Miniconjou
Sihasapa
Itazipacola
Oohenupa
Sisseton
Mdewakantonwon

If anyone has a good link to names, and what is the first name I would appreciate it. I want to complete these changes before I start the next world map game.

One idea comes to mind Lee...
Do you still have RaR installed by chance?
The Sioux were in that mod. You could look in the editor and see what Kal-El and team did for that Civ. Just a thought.
If you don't have it let me know and I will try and get that info for you.
I still have all the RaR stuff here, though it isn't installed.
Installing it isn't that big a deal though and I am off work this week...

The newest version of the world map. This is with the swapping from the Iroquois to the Sioux. The Sioux are in the center of North America, rather then point blank range of America.

Haven't had a chance to debate what to do with Greece yet.

My thoughts on what to replace Greece with:

Indonesia might be interesting. A civ to interact with Australia early on. They would start with Alphabet to help the toward Map Making - which might also be their UU like Byzantine has a ship UU with lethal bombardment. They are never going to be a major world power however with limited land, but they would last a good while as they are hard to attack. Indonesia main land might need modifying or made a bit bigger. Room for 3 tight cities and add a river or two. They could be an interesting civ to play by the human.

You might also be able to add Thailand, but I think you would want to modify the map to add them. Make Siberia ice a bit higher up and possibly move China and Mongols a bit.

Taking Greebley's idea a step further, how about giving them a curragh replacement that can carry 2 units, effectively giving them galleys from the start. That will let them grab all those islands and get contacts. They'll never be a production power, but they sure could grow. The potential issue would be that they could grab chunks of Australia, though, so that might need to be taken into account.

I won't have the time to complete this before LK147 finishes, but Indonesia is interesting. It would solve the problem that certain AI always suck up the islands such as India.

LK148 will start without them, but LK149 could have them. I don't want to delay LK148 to code this.

I looked, and neither RaR or CCM have Indonesia as a civ. If anyone has a good reference I would appreciate it.

I'm working on Indonesia now.
I've finish the redraw of the SE Asia islands. I found a few flaws such as New Guinea wrong shape. I connected Java and Sumatara as that is the only way to give Indonesia a few walkable cites.

I testing the city names work right now.

The only research / coding left is the UU curragh. I haven't even thought about the name.

I looked at the polynesian 'outrigger canoe':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outrigger_canoe

It states these were called 'ama' in the native language:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ama_%28sailing%29

Ama seems a good name.

Edit: This link might also be useful. Didn't read the whole thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesian_navigation

Edit: Oh I guess Ama is the outrigger part. The following lists some names which I think are the full thing:

The technology has persisted into the modern age. Outrigger canoes can be quite large fishing or transport vessels, and in the Philippines, outrigger canoes (called bangka, parao or balanghai) are often fitted with petrol engines. The links between seafaring and outrigger canoes in the Philippines extend through to political life, in which the smallest political unit in the country still called Barangay after the historical Balangai outrigger proas used in the original migrations of the first Austronesian peoples across the archipelago and beyond.

It seems to imply one name for the canoe used by the first people is 'proa'

The outrigger canoe (Filipino and Indonesian: bangka)...
Since we are doing Indonesia, Bangka sounds good. Not a perfect name, but Polynesia did get as far as Indonesia in ancient times, and we need an ancient unit's name for a modern nation.

Will test that after I finish the name wrap around test. I know we have one game were the names got stuck, and don't want that again. I've gotten through 20+ cities so far, but haven't hit New Jakarta (sp?).

Indonesia will be seafaring. IMO a necessity to help offset the very small starting area. Plus 1/2 price harbors will really help once you try and start connecting resources between islands. Our best start would to be claim most of the islands, and key resources like horses and iron won't be on all.
The other is commercial, just cause it feels good for them. With smaller cities due to no natural happy resources, you need something to allow for more cities being cheap.

Top Bottom