LK World Map Updates

I have almost completed the SOnghai testing. Even with accelerated techs, it takes a short while to get to the more advanced techs.

'->' Means I have built the unit to the left.

Time to test the Songhai.

Upgrade and build chains.

Warrior -> Swordsman ->Medieval
Spearman -> Pikeman ->Musket -> Rifleman -> Infantry
Chariot -> Horseman -> Dyina -> Cavalry ------ OK
Archer -> Longbow -> Guerilla
Catapult -> Trebuchet -> Cannon -> Artillery
Flak ->
Tank ->
Marine ---- OK
Paratrooper
Ancient Cavalry ---- OK
Crusader ---- OK
Explorer ---- OK

Curragh -> Galley -> Caravel -> Galleon -> Transport ---- OK
Frigate ---- OK
Privateer ---- OK
Ironclad -> Destroyer ---- OK
Cruiser ---- OK
Submarine ->
Battleship ->
Aegis
Carrier ->

Fighter ->
Bomber ->
Stealth Fighter
Stealth Bomber
Helicopter

Check that UU starts GA --- OK

Songhai Testing complete.

All units found and accounted for.

Grimjack out

Test 2A and 2B completed and done.

Grimjack

1) Diplomacy tests - contact the various Civs for the 4 eras. Make sure nothing strange happens.
All tests are completed.

2) Broken upgrade paths - Play as a Civ not listed above and make sure the following paths didn't break:
2A) the path of horseman to knight to cavalry.
2B) the path of Musket to rifleman to infantry to mech infantry.
I would suggest altering the map to insure all of needed resources are in range.
All tests are completed.

3) Unique units test - make sure the Civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc.
3A) Australia All tests are completed.
3B) Brazil
3C) Songhai All tests are completed.
3D) Argentina All tests are completed.
3E) Venezuela
3F) USA (for the USMC)

4) Unit wonders still work and give correct unit:
All tests are completed.

Please post which tests you can help with.

What the??

The forums is being stupid - this didn't go to top of page?

I am picking up test 3F) USA (for the USMC)

I will see if I can do Brazil tomorrow.

Grimjack

I started the USA test and got bad news - I found the Aztecs were allowed standard warriors - I have no clue how this happened.
I only want to test 3B, 3E and 3F to get the current game going. However, based on this problem all civs should be eventually checked.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V1E.zip

Uck. Takes quite a bit to check all the unit builds/upgrades, even when you have a prepared map.

I will have more time when I finish my LK62 later tonigh.
Grimjack

Brazil checked, I will now to the Venezuelans.

Grimjack

1) Diplomacy tests - contact the various Civs for the 4 eras. Make sure nothing strange happens.
All tests are completed.

2) Broken upgrade paths - Play as a Civ not listed above and make sure the following paths didn't break:
I would suggest altering the map to insure all of needed resources are in range.
All tests are completed.

3) Unique units test - make sure the Civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc.
3B) Brazil All tests are completed.
3E) Venezuela (Grimjack is testing)
3F) USA (for the USMC) (LKendter is testing)

All tests are completed.
NO more help is needed for now.

I completed my testing of the USA - the USMC tripped a GA as expected. This time I saw JW for the Aztecs. I built jets, not F15s as expected.

All tests are completed.

All tests are completed.

3B) Brazil All tests are completed.
3E) Venezuela (Grimjack is testing)
3F) USA (for the USMC) All tests are completed.

All tests are completed.

NO more help is needed for now.

I started the USA test and got bad news - I found the Aztecs were allowed standard warriors - I have no clue how this happened.
I only want to test 3E to get the current game going. However, based on this problem all civs should be eventually checked.

Venezuelan units all accounted for, and passed the test.
Grimjack

Originally posted by LKendter

This is nothing to do with the map; Aztecs are now allowed to build regular warriors in normal games too. The JW no longer replace the warrior in C3C and cost more too.

These are the new changes for version 2.
The Aztecs are allowed in the regular game to build warriors. I incorrectly fixed this in version one. It is back to the correct version of the Aztec get warriors and jags.

This is the start of the testing for the next world map game after India.
1) Unique units test - make sure the Civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc. Also look for any sign of missing units or anything else strange for that civ.
1A) Aztecs LKendter is testing
1B) Egypt
1C) Greece
1D) Babylon
1E) Germany
1F) Russia
1G) China
1H) France
1I) Persia
1J) Zululand
1K) Iroquois
1L) Mongols

Please post which tests you can help with. This is a low priority item for now. I hope some players other than Grimjack can help me out.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V2A.zip

I'm playing Mongols (1L) in a full game (not in test mode). So it might take 3-6 weeks to play fully. Well into Middle Ages so far without any bugs seen in Mongols or any observable neighbors.

Originally posted by Rubberjello
I'm playing Mongols (1L) in a full game (not in test mode). So it might take 3-6 weeks to play fully. Well into Middle Ages so far without any bugs seen in Mongols or any observable neighbors.

While this isn't at the systematic test level we are doing, it certainly will be good to report on. Anything that you spot may save us some headaches.

========================

To give everyone an idea what is coming up next for the WM planning:
1) Make the 1.20/1.22 changes to the tech tree.
2) Get real names for the SGL for the new civs.
3) Look at replacing Venezuela with Maya or Inca.
4) Get the ship speed adjustments and AC with flight changes from the PTW version.

I plan to stay in limited development mode for a while. The only thing I haven't decided is do we want another civ on the map. If so, where to we need one?

The Aztecs are allowed in the regular game to build warriors. I incorrectly fixed this in version one. It is back to the correct version of the Aztec get warriors and jags.

I started giving the scientific leaders names
The first block came from Noble prize winner. I am open to suggestions for more sources.

For Australia: Doherty, Eccles, and Burnet
For Argentina: Leloir, Houssay

1) Unique units test - make sure the Civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc. Also look for any sign of missing units or anything else strange for that civ.
1A) Aztecs Testing Complete
1B) Egypt LKendter is testing
1C) Greece
1D) Babylon
1E) Germany
1F) Russia
1G) China
1H) France
1I) Persia
1J) Zululand
1K) Iroquois
1L) Mongols

Please post which tests you can help with. This is a low priority item for now. I hope some players other than Grimjack can help me out.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V2B.zip

I started giving the scientific leaders names:
The first block came from Noble prize winner. I am open to suggestions for more sources.

For Australia: Doherty, Eccles, and Burnet
For Argentina: Leloir, Houssay

I added the changes from patch 1.22 listed below.
1) Electronics requirement removed from Motorized Transportation.
2) Radio Tech removed.
3) Advanced Flight now requires Electronics.
4) Civil Defense requires Electronics.
5) Industrial Tech Page updated to reflect change.
6) Radar Towers require Advanced Flight.

1A) Aztecs Testing Complete
1B) Egypt Testing Complete
1C) Greece LKendter is testing , along with the industrial age tech changes.
1D) Babylon
1E) Germany
1F) Russia
1G) China
1H) France
1I) Persia
1J) Zululand
1K) Iroquois
1L) Mongols

Please post which tests you can help with. This is a low priority item for now. I hope some players can help me out.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LKCWorld-V2C.zip

Top Bottom