1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK World Map Updates

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by meldor, Dec 5, 2002.

1. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

I've completed testing the new version with Indonesia.
    The cities wrapped to New Jakarata.
    The Bangka worked as our UU.

2. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

Would the WM be improved by making workers like those in CCM?

2 MP, and most tiles cost 1 MP to enter.

I'm leaning toward, but would like more opinions.

I suspect the AI gains early on, and the human later.

3. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

I agree it would help the AI. I use worker automation for few things - clearing wetlands and pollution. In normal civ I have to road every wetland first. The reason is that I noticed that the AI will tell a worker to go to a square to clear wetlands and then next turn decide to move the same worker to a different wetland. This means the worker goes onto the square to do the improvement and then move off it again.

With roads on every wetland the work is started and so you don't waste turns like I mention above.

Assuming the AI can do this with automation across the board, it means that sometimes workers are moving onto squares and then off again wasting 2 turns for that worker.

Move 2 with a movement cost of 1 for all terrains would mean that a worker will move onto the square and start work. The AI won't lose the turn just like the roaded case. This assumes the square is next to the road, but this is usually the case.

4. Matt_G

Matt_G Curmedgeon in Training

Hey guys.
    Just got thru reading LK 150. Great game!
    Anyways, the amphibious Keshiks intrigued me and I started looking thru the biq file.
    I found that almost every unit in the game had Ignore Move Cost set for Sea tiles. :crazyeye:

Now, I'm not sure that is what caused that Keshik issue, but I do know that the above it isn't right.
    Corrected version is attached.
    View attachment LKCWorld-V3E.zip