LK World Map Updates

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
Can I ask why you removed tundra based cities then re-instated tundra based cities?

I didn't like the idea on Tundra based cities and all the junk built in Siberia. However, after removing them I found out that it made domination impossible. I don't want conquest to be the only valid option on this map.

In addition, the wars started way to soon with the AI powers in Asia, Africa and Europe making for a less intersting game.

There was also a cheat that the human could use and the AI couldn't. The human could plant forest and make the underlying tundra go away, and then build a city there anyway. It was even a little amusing to see the AI try to rush the forested spots once you planeted them. Therefore it made the removal of the something that "broke" the game more than it fixed it.

I am severly bogged down in Civ3 feast mode, and haven't had a chance to get to 10F.

3 games in a row in modern warfare is a major time suck.

Not a biggy, things are slowing down here for the summer as people have more time for other things and vacations get in the way.

Changes in 10F are:
Move Venezuela start position back to hill and put the hill on the river.
I suspect Venezuela will be a weak start, so giving them a bonus worker.

Use the suggestion for making Spain the diplomatic picture for Venezuela.

==============================

Installation instructions:
All players should run the unit setup file!

Drop the file setup-units4.bat into the following directory.
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units

RUN the batch file.
ALL of the **NEEDED** units will have been initialized, and implemented successful for the game.

Drop the scenario file under
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INFO...\CIV...\Scenarios

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/LKWorld-V10F.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/SETUP-UNITS4.zip

=====================================

I will not start the game until these test are done - wm games take a huge time commitment, as I don't want to waste a ton of time for a crashed game

If you can help with any, post which one you will test. These are science cheated tests, so expect techs every 4 turns.

The following test are needed

3) Diplomacy test with Venezuela. Play as the Aztecs and go into diplomacy via F4 and shift-D to talk to Venezuela for all 4 ages.. Make sure nothing funny happens with diplomacy.

The following test PASSED
1) Venezuela ICS test. Pack cities two squares away and simply verify a wrap back to Caracas.
>>>I don't want stuck on Geelong again.

2) UU test for Venezuela. Play the game until you have built a llanero (7-4-3 cavalry). Make sure to build 1 horseman and 1 knight and that they upgrade to llanero. DON'T build any wonders, and verify a GA is tripped.
>>> I have botched these upgrade paths before.

4) Venezuela junk test. Play the game to the modern age and rocketry for fighters. Make sure that you don't get any UU for other nations.
>>> The editor by default gives a new civ every unit!

3) Diplomacy test with Venezuela. Play as the Aztecs and go into diplomacy via F4 and shift-D to talk to Venezuela for all 4 ages.. Make sure nothing funny happens with diplomacy.

=============================

I do want to start another LK World map game, but I need test 3 to be finished.

Anyone out there want to help?

Have no time until next week. Sorry.

If no one else picks it up until then, I am game.
Grimjack

I have tested Ancient, medieval and industrial. Didn't have time to get to Modern times tonight. WIll let you know tomorrow probably.

The other three times passed check.

Grimjack

Modern times look good as well.

Grimjack

:goodjob:

Once thinks settler down a bit - LK51(?) - world map can begin.

Having spent some time testing, I would like to be allowed to take part of the game.
Do not consider me if it is deity though, as I would be terrified of making a game disrupting mistake. :)

Grimjack

I have a major project going in this weekend.
I am one vacation July 29 to Aug 3.

Expect the game to start around Aug 1.

IT'S BACK!

Installation instructions:
All players should run the unit setup file!

Drop the file setup-units4.bat into the following directory.
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units

RUN the batch file. ALL of the **NEEDED** units will have been initialized, and implemented successful for the game.

Drop the scenario file under
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INFO...\CIV...\Scenarios

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/LKCWorld-V1A.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/SETUP-UNITS4.zip

=====================================

I will not start the game until these test are done - wm games take a huge time commitment, as I don't want to waste a ton of time for a crashed game

Their still is a major research block needed. All of the new civs have no scientific leaders!

If you can help with any, post which one you will test. These are science cheated tests, so expect techs every 4 turns.

Songhai, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, and Australia need to be tested to make sure no junk units, uu trip GA.

-------------------------

This is taking the old LK world for PTW and upgrading it to Conquest. All of the previous rules were cleared, and the new nations were created. This map was originally done my Marla Singer. Some of the changes include remove excess coastal squares, remove ice only islands, fix river layout, etc.

England was removed to create Australia
Government Leader is Menzies
Cities are: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Alice Springs, Perth, Broome, Cairns, Freemantle, Darwin, Derby, Newcastle, Bathurst, Townsville, Toowoomba, Ballarat, Port Augusta, Port Arthur, Woomera, Kwinana, Woolongong, Wagga Wagga, Kalgoorlie, Albany, Broken Hill, Coober Pedy, Goulburn, Dubbo, Bourke, Jindabyne, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Mackay, Cooktown, Bendigo, Albury, Oodnadatta, Deakin, Launceston, and Jabiru.
Unique Unit =Anzac
Great Leaders = Monash, Parkes, Bartow, Cosgrove, Whitlam, Chauvel.
They get a bonus worker and settler to help the position

Japan was removed to create Brazil - Commercial and Religious
Government Leader = Dom Pedro de Alcântara (the emperor when Brazil was recognized as an independent country)
Great Leaders: Dutra, Figueredo, Rondon, Xavier, Silva
Unique Unit = Bef (Brazilian Expeditionary Force) from WWII.
Cities are: Salvador, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Fortaleza, Nova Iguacu, Recife, Porto Alegre, Belem, Goiania, Campinas, Manaus, Sao Goncalo, Campo Grande, Porto Velho, Bele Horizonte, Bahia, Natal, Vitoria

Rome was removed to create Songhai - Religious and Commercial.
Government Leader is Sunni Ali Ber
Cities are: Gao, Timbuktu, Jenne, Koumbi Saleh, Walata, Sokoto, Gwandu, Arwan
Hombori, Segu, Agadez, Katsina, Busa, Diara, Nioro, Tadmekket
Kukiya, Kangaba, Kano, Taghaza, Tekedda, Taudene, Awlil, Tendirma, Tondibi, Niani
Unique Unit = A knight with the stats of 5-3-2 (dyina ?)
Great Leaders = Mohammed, Kohlen, and Dawud.

Portugal was removed to create Argentina - Commercial and Militaristic.
Government Leader is Juan Domingo Peron
Cities are: Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Rosario, Mendoza, Santa Fe, Tucuman, La Plata, Mar del Plata, Bahia Blanca, Salta, San Juan, Jujuy, Avellaneda, Parana, Viedma, San Luis, Santiago del Estero, La Matanza, Neuquen, Bariloche, Resistencia, Rawson, Comodoro Rivadavia, Catamarca, Posadas, Formosa, Tandil, Concordia, Reconquista, Santa Rosa, Tigre, Ushuaia
Unique Unit = Gaucho - It is a standard cavalry of 6-3-3 that does NOT require horses .
Great Leaders = Martin, Urquiza, Mitre, and Justo.

Spain was removed to create Venezuela - Religious and Militaristic.
Government Leader is Jose Paez
Cities are: Caracas, Cumana, Barinas, Coro, Merida, San Cristobal, Puerto Ayacucho, Ciudad Bolivar, Maturin, El Tigre, Caicara, Esnerakda, Petare, Acarigua, Cabruta, El Amparo, Ciudad Bolivar, San Carlos, Tumererno, Ciudad Guayana, Bochinche, Curiapo, San Fernando, Tucupita, Los Teques, Canaima, Ed Dorado, Guiria, Guasipati
Unique Unit = Llanero which is a 7-4-3 cavalry replacement.
Great Leaders = Simon Bolivar, Antonio Guzmán Blanco and Juan Falcón.
They get a bonus worker to help the position.

The Aztecs get a bonus worker and settler to help the position.

Unique units:
Australia - Anzac
Brazil Unique Unit = BEF (Brazilian Expeditionary Force) from WWII.
Songhai - Dynia.
Argentina - Gaucho. It is a standard cavalry of 6-3-3 that does NOT require horses .
Venezuela - Llanero which is a 7-4-3 cavalry replacement.
USA F15 is removed - new USA unique unit USMC: 12 attack, 8 defense, and only 100 shields.

The following tests are needed

Songhai, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, and Australia need to be tested to make sure no junk units, uu trip GA

1) Diplomacy tests - contact the various civs for the 4 eras. Make sure nothing strange happens.
1A) Australia
1B) Brazil
1C) Songhai
1D) Argentina
1E) Venezuela

2) Broken upgrade paths - Play as a Civ not listed above and make sure the following paths didn't break:
2A) Horseman to knight to cavalry.
2B) Musket to rifleman to infantry to mech infantry.
I would suggest altering the map to insure all of needed resources are in range.

3) Unique units test - make sure the civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc.

Please post which tests you can help with. As soon as testing is done, a new world map game will begin. :D

I can test the Argentinians for you. Do not expect results today though :9

Tommy

1) Diplomacy tests - contact the various civs for the 4 eras. Make sure nothing strange happens.
1A) Australia
1B) Brazil
1C) Songhai
1D) Argentina
1E) Venezuela

2) Broken upgrade paths - Play as a Civ not listed above and make sure the following paths didn't break:
2A) Horseman to knight to cavalry.
2B) Musket to rifleman to infantry to mech infantry.
I would suggest altering the map to insure all of needed resources are in range.

3) Unique units test - make sure the civs get there UU, trip a GA, and that you can upgrade to them. IE - Horseman upgrades to Dynia, Gaucho, etc.
3A) Australia
3B) Brazil
3C) Songhai
3D) Argentina (Grimjack is testing)
3E) Venezuela
3F) USA (for the USMC)

Please post which tests you can help with. As soon as testing is done, a new world map game will begin. Testers can reserve a slot.

Tentative WM game:
LKendter
open slot
Meldor (reserved for how long he has played the series)
open slot
open slot

I have done some initial testing of some stuff. Argentinians are not playable as player, but AIs doesn't seem to crash and burn.
I will test further on them.

Hmm, when I start the scenario, I have 6 random opponents. Is this on purpose ?

When Buenos Aires is founded, the square where I chose what to produce is empty. I cannot build warriors :(

Starting to suspect I messed up the units.bat script, as I cannot build spearmen either once I get Bronze.

Game crashes reliably as I finish a barracks.

Hmm, scratch first theory, I do have the Anzac et all directories in civ3\Art\units

I will do a quick check for another race.

Egypt can build stuff. I may just as well check to see if Songhai Leaderheads work then.

Songhai has emperor Caesars leaderhead during ancient age.
Songhai uses the roman pictures during Mediaval age.
Songhai uses the romans in the Industrial age

Venezuela uses the Spanish leaderheads for Medieval age
Venezuela uses Spain leaderheads for Industrial age

Brazil uses Japan for Medieval
Brazil uses Japan for Industrial

Argentina Seems to work as well both for Medieval and Industrial

Australia looks equally good for both Medieval and Industrial.

Considering the chariot is the UU for Egypt I am a bit surprised by the lack of nearby horses.

Top Bottom