LK147 - world map, China

BTW: After we get tanks, is there any reason to research anything anymore? I would not, but you tell me.

Kill research after tanks.

Money to rush culture buildings will be more valuable.

I really hate to do this, but feeding my family comes first. Instead of making progress at work yesterday, we got farther behind because my technician's father was in a car accident, which caused me to work almost the entire day alone, so we're now farther behind than ever.

What this means is that i'm fixing to go in and work 10 hours off the clock today, instead of spending those 10 hours playing civ. At this point, since I'm also working 10 hour days every day until we leave for Florida, i just don't see how i can work, sleep, and play 6+ turns of civ this week, so civ is going to have to go. I will need skipped till the 28th.

Sorry everyone for the inconvenience.

LKendter (just played)
Todd Marshall (skip to Jan 28)
Greebley (skip to Jan 22) (on deck?)
CKS (up)

No problem, Todd. Real life is like that some days.

I've got the save.

I'm plodding along, slowly but surely. We may need more land than Venezuela can give us. The Aztecs will be conveniently located, though we may have to delay a few turns for our peace deal to expire.

Dealing with hundreds of workers with pale pink circles around them on tundra is really miserable. Next time, let's pick a nice, bold color for ourselves.

Land total is tough to say. I know I left you a lot of pending border expansions in Africa.

Don't forget Greenland - we have scraps of Russia *and* Venezuela up there. And those cities still have forest to chop toward libraries (airlift over lots of workers!).

Let's finish Russia and we can have a better sense if we will be forced into another war to end this.

Yeah, it is really hard to say right now, but some of the free land seems to be quite awkwardly located. We'll know better in a few turns. I'm working on Greenland right now.

Don't be afraid to burn the settler stack I gave you if you find small blocks that will take way to long to fill in.

I don't think we should attack Venezuela after all. Russia is gone, but Argentina has declared on us.

I'd like to ally the Iroquois and the Australians against Argentina, not because I'm worried about Argentina, but so they won't join Argentina. Unless I hear differently before I get a chance to play on (probably tomorrow evening), I'll do this.

Without seeing the tile count it is hard to say. Do we need another civ?

I have no idea how many transports we have. It may come down to drop armies to protect our landing zone and a worker to build an airfield.

Venezuela doesn't give us enough tiles. Lots of the open tiles are surrounded by Argentina's tiles. We are going to have to have a real war with Argentina, regardless. They have little in the way of offensive units at this time - just lots of infantry.

Not who I wanted to fight, but I agree with was vs. Argentina.

I do agree to get the Iroquois involved, preferably before we land so that they burn offensive troops on each other.

Here is the save, Greebley. You'll notice I'm giving you an interesting military situation. It is mid-turn, so some units have moved and some have not, but I discovered all of Argentina's military in an unexpected location, and I'll let you deal with the clean-up.

The situation is complicated because we sent armies to deal with Venezuela but ended up at war with Argentina instead. We have a reasonable number of ordinary units in South America, but few armies or artillery, as they must go by boat.

Turn Log:
Turn 0:
We are going to need more tiles than just Venezuela, but we can move on to the Aztecs pretty easily, I think. Rushed some libraries.
IBT: nothing exciting.

Turn 1:
1450 tiles to go.
Take Bryansk, killing 1 infantry. Bomb Pskov, kill 2 infantry, take city. Bomb Kazan', kill 4 infantry, take city.
Chop a bunch of libraries. Trade luxes to Iroquois for 275 gpt.
IBT: nothing

Turn 2:
1379 tiles to go.
Take Orenburg. Land on Siberian island. Move toward Greenland.
Build airfields. I'm putting them all next to each other, instead of scattered randomly. Remember, building the airport destroys the irrigation or mine, but you can re-irrigate or mine afterward. We have lots of workers.
IBT: Iroquois and Australia sign peace. Aztecs ask us to ally against Venezuela. Russian destroyer dies attacking us. Learn Motorized Transportation. Swap builds to tanks. Notice that modern airfields are a lot easier to pick out than industrial airfields.

Turn 3:
1338 tiles to go.
Take Murmansk, killing 4 infantry. Land near defenseless Samara.
IBT:

Turn 4:
1167 tiles to go. Argentina and Australia have tanks.
Take Samara.
IBT: Australia learns amphibious warfare. Argentina prepares to attack us. As all our transports in Africa are headed to South America, we may lose Taghaza temporarily.

Turn 5:
1052 tiles to go.
Take New Berlin, Brandenburg, kill 2 infantry at Novosibirsk.
Realize that we can bomb Argentina; demand they leave. They declare.
IBT: Taghaza holds them off. Argentina loses two bombers to our ship stack. Novgorod flips to Russians. Orenburg flips.

Turn 6:
1001 tiles to go.
Trade motorized transportation to iroquois for dyes and all their gold. Trade ironclads and steel to Venezuela for spices as I'm no longer planning on attacking them.
Plant a spy with Argentina - their offensive troops are 2 tanks and 20 gauchos, plus 18 bombers. They have a lot of infantry. ROP with Iroquois to get to Russian towns.
Retake Orenburg, Novgorod. Take Omsk, Tobol'sk, New Thebes, Novosibirsk. Russia is gone. 910 tiles to go.
Ally Iroquois and Australia vs Argentina for 34 gpt total. Gear up for Argentinian war.
IBT: Argentina bombs us; some damage to one army. Australia's navy moves out.

Turn 7:
872 tiles to go.
Moving to South America.
IBT: Argentina bombs us; some damage to armies, but we shoot down more than half of the bombers. Cav lands near Taghaza.

Turn 8:
834 tiles to go.
Take Sao Paulo, killing 3 infantry and destroying 2 bombers.
Moving.
IBT: Two bombers in evidence; no significant damage. Argentinian boats sink two destroyers and an empty transport.

Turn 9:
749 tiles to go.
Sink 5 Argentinian boats.
Take Formosa, killing 3 infantry and one bomber. Kill 3 infantry, one bomber taking Salvador. Kill 3 infantry, lose one tank taking Ciudad Bolivar and 2 artillery. Kill 2 infantry, lose one tank taking Coro. Kill 3 infantry, lose one tank taking Cumana and 1 artillery. Kill 2 infantry and 3 bombers, lose one tank taking Barinas and two artillery. Find Argentina's stacks - close to 100 units near Barinas, mostly infantry as that is mostly what they have.

688 tiles to go.

I'm going to stop here, mid-turn. Greebley can decide how to best deal with the stacks. I had been planning to take the northern towns, so as to not have Argentina on all sides; clearly that isn't going to happen now. I'd like to just pen them in, with armies, but we don't have many there, so this won't work.

Argentina has 2 bombers left, 19 gauchos, and 2 tanks. Everything else moves slowly.

Attachments

• LK147_AD1630b.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
We got almost half the needed tiles during those 10 turns. :)

I suspect we probably still have a handful of open tiles since Russia just died 3 turns ago.
The challenge for next player is can he wrap it up in 10.

My challenge is can I code and test Indonesia in time for LK148. I did my updates for the map last night. I notice some errors such as New Zealand and New Guinea placed odd. I think I have SE Asia a lot cleaner. I barely started changing Greece --> Indonesia.
I did find a city list, so a big part of the challenge is over.

Todd - can you take it?
I know Greebley is up in the other monster game - Rat45, and will probably need several days.

Todd said he needed a skip until the 28th, so I doubt he can play now.

Todd said he needed a skip until the 28th, so I doubt he can play now.
Oops - forgot about that. Guess we are stuck for the next few days. Tonight is the only night I can play for the next few days. That doesn't give enough time to do much of anything.

I'm at the tail end of the trip, the 3 days in Chattanooga, and I do have reliable internet access again. I can NOT play till Monday night, as I will be running boardgames all weekend at Chattacon. If it's useful, however, I can start play Monday night. Let me know

Top Bottom