LK168, Greece, Sid Attempt

The description of the R16 preview version of the Flintlock mod can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rd-and-much-more.666881/page-71#post-16441638

The download zip file is at Flintlocks GitHub address: https://github.com/maxpetul/C3X/releases/tag/Release_16_Preview_1

In my current test game with CCM 2.6 and the R16 preview version of the Flintlock mod I am now beyond 1800 AD. The fix of the Barbarian movement bug, the new settings for the harbor and airport icons (no longer attached to the tradenet function, but to the unit production) and the normal defense by units with the king-flag seem to work well. I have not yet tested the improved AI interturn times, but I have the feeling that they could be really quicker.
The experimental setting allowing Barbarians to capture cities in my test game is disabled.

Enable city capture by Barbarians.jpg

Last edited:
About to start, will give Greebley a bit of time to vote

LK169 - AWM with Latest Flintlock.
LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Cities 1 tile away from enemy cities = Yes / No
LKendter - lean yes, since that is how base CCM works.
Greebley
Jersey Joe - yes
Elephantium - yes

LK169 - AWM with Latest Flintlock.
LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Cities 1 tile away from enemy cities = Yes
Where do we download the latest Flintlock patch? Once I download that, I will start rolling at start. I may take a bit, as I often get false starts. If we start in the center of the map, the contact are overwhelming.

I have been trying to test flintlock r15 and by building a city next to my capital. No matter how I change the settings I cannot build a city next to my capital.
The last settings I tried are:
adjust_minimum_city_separation = -1
disallow_founding_next_to_foreign_city = false

Does false need to be capitalized? Could the "flavor" (gog, valve, or cd) of the install make a difference?

Joe, once you find the correct settings please let me know.

Joe, once you find the correct settings please let me know.
Base on the following, it should be working.

It's actually the option above it, "adjust_minimum_city_separation", that controls the distance. By default it is '0' which corresponds to default Civ3 behaviour, and by setting it to -1 you can then found cities next to each other.

The setting you mentioned, however overwrites that when you're trying to found cities next to other civs' cities, of course, so you might need to adjust that one too if you prefer to settle combat settlers within knife-fighting distances.
Maybe it is because it is the capital.

My failure to get them to build next to the capital must be owing to my using Linux. :badcomp: :dunno:

If I use win 7 and these settings:
adjust_minimum_city_separation = -1
disallow_founding_next_to_foreign_city = false

I can build cities next to my capital. :yup:

Yes, these are the settings needed for building cities next together, even to your capital. The description for these settings is in the readme file of the Flintlock mod. The setting false is needed to found cities next to cities of other civs. JJ was a little bit quicker than me, but I think these screenshots are helpful, too.

Readme.jpg

Config.jpg

Citiesnexttogether.jpg

Top Bottom