LK72 - 5 City Conquest - Deity - Ottoman

gozpel said:
Some curageous stuff there, microbe :) Getting back the 14gpt and gain Lit, nicely done. I would call it foolish, but the result speaks for itself.

I find I often have to do this kind of thing to catch up. Compared to what I did in the 5CCC revisit game, this is nothing. :crazyeye:

Preturn- We seem ok.

IT- China is getting gobbled up.

T1 70

Nothing much, just worker actions.

IT- We get another AC.

Edrine completes library, starts granary. I spot a Persian musket.

T2 90

Nothing new.

IT- Istanbul-library-granary

T3 110

IT- Iznik completes market, starts aqueduct

T4 130

Our deal ivory deal with Ganhi expires. We can nearly pick up Fedalism from him for ivory, all our gold and gpt. Idecide to wait a few more turns until our incense deal with the Celts expires to see if we can swing it then.

IT- zzz

T5 150

Nothing new.

IT- zzz

T6 170

Not much.

IT- We get another ancient cav.

T7 190

Nothing to report.

IT- Edrine complete a granary, starts on swordsman.
Uskudar completes library, starts market.

T8 210

We have incense back now, so its time to deal for Feudalism. Best deal is with the Celts. Brennus gets Incense, Ivory, WM, 326g and 8gpt for Feudalism.

We could go and sell off our only supplies of incense and ivory and all gpt for Invention, but that would hardly be prudent at this juncture.

IT- The rampaging Indians have destroyed the Chinese.
Istanbul completes granary, starts MDI.

India is building Magellan's.

T9 230

Nothing new.

IT- The Celts are building Newton's :eek:

T10

Nothing of interest.

Summary

We are still quite behind in tech. Our next brokering oppurtunity seems to be in 3 turns when our deal with Persia is up. We'll bet back incense and ivory and 13gpt and should be able to easily broker for Invention. Seeing as pretty much everyone has muskets, I'm not sure what kind of war potential we have.
I think our best bet is to get down the bottom tier of the tech tree to Sipahi. As long as the AI doesn't have infantry by that point, we should stand a chance. Persia is going to be one tough mother though.

The Celts are building Newton's
The tech pace is totally brutal! Having 3 AI using up there GA didn't help that pace. However, look at the gap we made up in LK71. It can be recovered, but it is starting to feel like 5CC and Pangea tech pace is a very difficult match.

===================

Signed up:
LKendter
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor (currently playing)
Gozpel (on deck)
Microbe

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Game restriction: No bombers.

>> Starting with LK68 the LK series is on patch 1.22.

250 AD (0)
Start gathering the troops. We only have one target we can go after, India. There is only one city of theirs in range, hopefully it will be enough to make them give up some goodies.
(I) Nada

260 AD (1)
Troops arrive on the border.
(I)Get an AC. Edrine MDI->MDI,

270 AD (2)
Dial up Mahatma and declare. AC move out.
(I)Persia boots us. Istanbul MDI->MDI. Indian starts Newtons.

280 AD (3)
Troops head out again.
(I)Russia declares on us, most likely via alliance.

290 AD (4)
Bring in Persia vs Russia for XXgpt and Ivory. He get incense 20gpt and 15.We snag a Russian worker and a sword and MDI head for Bryansk.
(I)We get a palace expansion. Get RoP with Persia.

300 AD (5)
Snag another Russian worker. MDI and Sword at Bryansk defended by spears. AC's near Chittagong.
(I) Edrine MDI->MDI, Bursa Market->Pike.

310 AG (6)
MDI and sword take out Bryansk, no money, no workers. Chittigong gets us 19g and 1 worker but we had one AC retreat and 3 injured. We did take out 2 spears and a bow.
(I) Get an AC. Istanbul MDI->MDI. Iznik Aqueduct->Pike
320 AD (7)
Three AC head for the next Russian city which has pikes.
(I)Persia completes Magellan's. India finishes Smith's.

330 AD (8)
AC at Krasnoyarsk await a couple of re-enforcements. Build an embassy with the Celts. I pay the Celts 21gpt to get them to fight the Indians.
(I) Persians start Newtons.

340 AD (9)
Still waiting.
(I) Russia declares war on the Celts. Russia begs for peace. Edrine MDI->MDI.

350 AD (10)
The AC will be ready to attack next turn.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK72-350AD.zip

Signed up:
LKendter
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor
Gozpel (currently playing) 10 turns of forced war due to alliances
Microbe (on deck)

Gandhi and Brennus got fancy clothes and are in Industrial era already.

Alliance with Persia against Russia - 13 turns. We're paying 35gpt for that long too.
alliance with Celts against India - 18 turns, we're paying 22gpt for that long and we also pay 8gpt for 8 more turns. I won't be able to do much here. :coffee:

We are doing no research, put a scientist on Gunpowder for what it is worth.

360AD - We lost 1 AC, killing 3 pikes and raze Krasnoyarsk, gain no gold but 3 workers.

370AD - Irrigated a couple of grasslands around Edrine, so I can join workers. We are running deficit because of unit cost. We have 6 native workers and 11 slaves, we can do without a couple of our own.

Disband warrior in Uskudar to get market next turn.

380AD - Persia goes Industrial, Russia is not there yet.

400AD - Move 7 AC's towards Russia

430AD - Kill Russian archer and Indian Musket near Uskudar.

Buy Gunpowder from Celts for ivory, incense 22gpt and 54g.
We have saltpeter near Edrine! :banana:

440AD - Attack Orenburg with the 7 AC's, we kill 3 pikes, but fail to take the city because of a LB.

450AD - We lose 2 AC, but take out a knight and the LB, and Orenburg is burnt to the ground. Zero gold and 5 slaves. :rockon:

Istanbul, Edrine and Iznik are building Colosseums atm, happiness is becoming an issue.
Bursa is building court and Uskudar MI, should build worker next.

I added a couple of libraries as well, if for nothing else, we like some culture.

I merged 3-4 workers into towns to help our economy, we have 20g and 23gpt right now.
Alliance with Persia over in 3t, we get abck 35gpt and 2 luxes, we should be able to get Chemistry. Then we're only 2 techs from Sipahis!

Can we make something out of peace with Russia? Too bad they don't know Chemistry though, they are rather backwards compared to the others.

The dirty seven expedition:

450 AD and Persia rifles already. :(

I just hope we aren't creating a Persia monster. To make it worse our trade routes will go through Persia water until Astronomy!

==========================

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck?) depending on how long to finish getting the laptop back to speed.
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor
Gozpel
Microbe (currently playing)

Preturn: Don't know what to do, really. Press enter.

IBT India requests peace and some payment from *us*, no thanks.

Palace expansion.

(1)460AD: healing.

IBT India completes Newton.

(2)470AD: more healing.

We can buy furs from Celts with 7gpt+13g but it won't allow us to lower lux.

IBT Persia starts Shakespear.

(3)480AD: Cancel MA with Persia.

I buy Chemistry with ivory+incense+19gpt+76g from Persia. I make peace with Russia and get Monotheism+2g with Chemistry. Russia is up us Theology and Chivalry.

Min research to Metallurgy. We can up to 20% and get it in 38 turns, by the way.

I have to buy furs from Celts by 8gpt as we lost some WH.

(4)490AD: RoP with Persia expired, and Persia asks too much. We let it go but we still have stroops at the other side..

(5)500AD: ZZZ

IBT Persia kicks us out.

(6)510AD: ZZZ

(7)520AD: Istanbul builds a cathedral while grows the same turn, great timing. It starts a musketman.

(8)530AD: We get some gpt back. We could get Metullergy in 25 turns with -5gpt deficit, but I continue on min for now.

IBT Russia kicks us out. India and Persia make MA against Russia.

(9)540AD: MA with Celts ends, so I make peace with India and exchange 48gpt for 804g, and try an immediate steal on India and succeed. I get Theology from Russia by Metallury+5gpt+1g by temporarily lowering lux to zero.

I sell our ONLY incense+ivory to India for wines, dyes and spices plus 166g.

We still have to raise lux to 10 and now making -5gpt.

Min research on Military Tradition.

(10)550AD: We can lower lux to 0 with a cathedral built. +13gpt at the moment. I hire a scientist in Uskudar.

We have only 6 techs to go to IA! And one tech for our UU! But we have no damn horses and can only buy it from India. So when we get Sipahi India probably already has infantry. Good news is Persia is now in Monarchy, India in Communism, Celts in Facism and Russia in Monarchy too. Hope the war lasts to slow down those AI.

Russia is losing, however, and we'll probably soon lose our trading partners.

We have 6 AC at the other side of Persia. Build a galley to get them back.

Well it looks like my PC is working. I will try playing the game tomorrow.

550 AD
I reluctantly keep the token scientist. If we really wait 47 turns to Military Tradition we will be in deep you know what.

I switch Uskudar to a musket as I want to keep the option of one city that we can afford to abandon for a better site.
(IT) In utter disgust I give Persia $29.

560 AD
I decide to merge the last of our natural workers. Our unit costs are killing us. The first one is merged this turn.

570 AD
Another worker is merged, and we have just one to go.

610 AD
We have no more natural workers.

620 AD
(IT) India completes Shakespeare’s Theater.

630 AD
Russia is down to just one city. Our current GPT can’t even buy education. I have to settle for $48/turn and $310 to get education.
(IT) Well that was faster then I even expected. Russia is toasted.

640 AD
I send Ivory, Incense and $53/turn to the Celt and get Military Tradition. The horses will have to wait until some GPT frees up. I disbanded one spear and one archer to give us some cash play room. Right now every dollar is needed for tech, and I doubt we afford many upgrades.

(IT) :eek: Persia and the Celts sign an MPP and Persia declares war on Indian.
This one is getting uglier by the moment.

650 AD
I disband another spearman in Uskudar. We simply can’t afford any more low quality troops.

Summary:
We are caught between a rock and a hard place right know. Persia is the monster who MUST be the next target or we risk a domination loss. If they eat another civ we have almost no chance. The trouble is they control the trade routes until navigation / magnetism and we can see the ocean squares.

=====================================

Signed up:
LKendter
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)
Gozpel
Microbe

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK72-650AD.zip

How can we get horses? I'll have to look at the save.

Otherwise, I agree to disband junk. And at least we have MT now :)

I think when we go at Persia, the silk spot has to be IT.

LKendter said:
450 AD and Persia rifles already. :(

I just hope we aren't creating a Persia monster. To make it worse our trade routes will go through Persia water until Astronomy!

In the first game of 5 Take On The World, I inherited the game at 250AD and two AIs (on a standard map) already had rifles then! So in that sense the tech pace is not too intense in this game. However, in the second game of 5 Take On The World, we all saw what can happen when an AI begins to run away with it...for Sumeria, read Persia. The tech gap is not per se the major issue, but it becomes the major issue if the tech leader uses superior units to crush the other AIs.

It's funny really, because conventional Civ tactics suggest that the best way to stop runaway civs is to get them into war. However, the experience in 5CCCR and this game suggests that may not be the best policy if the runaway civ puts its technological superiority to military use and takes over more and more land.

What you really need is for the runaway civ to have lots of other civs bordering it, to make a dogpile more serious. However, you don't appear to have that...

Good luck, this game's getting to the interesting stage now and I will enjoy reading how you overcome the obstacles :).

microbe said:
All other AI have navigation, so I don't see trading route as a problem. I already traded lux with other AI.

:hmm: I think the trade route is based on our visibile tiles. If nothing else, we need to see those ocean tiles! Right now we can't see a path to India / Celts that doesn't go through Persian waters.

Top Bottom