LK78 - Korea - Slow cooked deity

microbe said:
Interesting. So some archer rush?
Well let's try to get the wheel and / or iron working. I would prefer horses or swords if possible.

MM everything for gpt. Buy Philosophy for 12gpt and 87g. Swap Phil and 1gpt to Germany for Iron Works and 6g. We have no iron. Swap to Russia for The Wheel and 5g. We have horses.

Whip temple in Wosan and start Currah in Seoul. Germany is at war with the Greeks.

Sumeria builds the pyramids and the Greeks take the Great Lighthouse. The Hittites switch to SoZ to high shields.

Build Cheju

Do exploring, found the last city.

I didn't whip the barracks or the temple to keep the gpt up to even.

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)
Greebley
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

1000 BC
Our cities need to grow badly with the largest being just size 2. However, I can't fix that as we would go bankrupt.

I really hate to kill us even more, but I ship Philosophy, $5 and $1/turn to Greece for Horseback riding. We have to go to war vs. the Hittites soon, and I want something better than archers. With $0 and no spare GPT I am done with Diplomacy for my turns.

975BC
:confused: Nothing was built, we are now at -2 GPT. I am forced to sacrifice shields in favor of GPT.

The only reason our Curragh survives is we have no unit cost. I am that desperate for money.

925BC
(IT) Our future enemy completes Status of Zeus.

850 BC
Our worker by Wonsan completes mining and I am sending him north toward our less corrupt cities. The bad news is the mine didn't even give us another shield.

825 BC
(IT) It always feels nice when the AI builds an embassy. I give thanks to the Sumerians.

800 BC
(IT) Sumeria declares war on Germany.

750 BC
Wonsan gets the token scientist as it is the most corrupt city. The gold hill only gains $1 in that city.

We have our GPT back and can get our cities growing again.

Russia is the most backwards, so I send them $9/turn and $8 for Masonry. Wonsan will be the front line, so it is switched to walls.

==========================

Summary:
I have noticed Germany and Greece fighting.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (currently playing)
Greebley (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK78-750BC.zip

I know the gpt deal for Philosophy was rough but we needed to know if we were going swords of horsemen. It would have been a lot worse if we had built a lot of warriors and then had no iron.

Yow! The Hittites now have 4 wonders in their Capitol. They must have cascaded to Zeus. Last I checked the were building the Lighthouse in their capitol.

Do we want to prebuild for the GLib? It could always turn it into the FP if things don't go well. Only problem might be that it would slow the war effort so I am not sure if it is worthwhile or not.

Do we want to prebuild for the GLib? It could always turn it into the FP if things don't go well.
We are to short of cities to build the FP!

preturn: MM Hyangsan to get rax in 3 turns as the forest will be chopped in 4 turns.

730BC: Hitties get Literature. :( So I fire the scientist.

IBT Hitties and Sumeria MA against Germany! :)

690BC: IBT Sumeria demands 17g and I cave.

570BC: we have two horses.

Hitties offensive units are going to Leizpig. We need to build more horsemen before we start the war.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Greebley (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
Meldor

Preturn: Towns look good, I only make one minor change.
Err.. We are scientific. We want Lit. I set research to 10%. This puts single gold toward lit. Might as well finish up our min run rather than spending cash to buy it.

Early: Sumer builds the Great Wall.

Having both wines connected is a disaster waiting to happen. If anyone demands it we will have to either be at war or be tied up in a deal for 20 turns. I am going to disconnect. I am getting sick of losing our rep because we hooked up two of something and then a war happens. I hate to tear up improved land - but this situation is the worst possible case - our roads go through multiple civs. Hopefully, this isn't a poor move.

Mid: Sumeria and Germany make peace. Sumeria declares war on Greece. Russia demands 21 gold.

End: All is quiet.

Notes:
Uneventful turn spent building horsmen. We have 6 now.

Great Lib (everyone) and Hanging Gardens (Sumeria only) are being built. All the other Ancient wonders are complete.

[Edit: Two things I forgot to mention:

We just now have enough gold to buy a tech. I left that to the next player and/or to discuss what we want.

Namp'o is Unhappy and will riot I noticed it after uploading.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Greebley
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)

Preturn- Fix Namp'o, giving it a token scientist, dropping our research back to zero.

IT- Sumeria completes Hanging Gardens. Russia completes Great Library.

T1 330

Looking at the tech situation, I decide not to buy right now. There aren't any critical techs there and I'd like one more civ to discover CoL so we can pull a 2fer.

IT- zzz

T2 310

Russia learns CoL via the GL. With all our money we can almost get it.

IT- zzz

T3 290

Nothing new.

IT- Whoa boy. Seems the Hittites have been having similar thoughts about war, as a 3-man Chariot barges across the border and parks itself on the hill next to Wonsan. Also several galleys enter our territory.

T4 270

Switching Seoul to wealth momentarily gets us up to 19gpt. With 112g and 19gpt, we get CoL from Mursillis. After signing the paperwork, we promptly request that in the best interests of mutual respect that the 3-man chariot is removed from our territory. They don't take kindly to this and promptly end our peaceful coexistance. Seoul switches back to horse production and we're ready to rumble.

CoL and 5gpt goes to Greece for Map Making. CoL and 9gpt goes to Germany for Mathematics.

I pull all our troops into the walled city of Wonsan.

IT- The 3-man dies at the feet of our spear. An AC replaces it on the hill.

T5 250

A quick check of the combat calculator indicates that letting the AC attack is the best option.

IT- The calculator does not lie, as we flawlessly defeat the AC.

T6 230

No new Hittite forces. If they don't send too much, we could make a quick strike at Tyrana.

IT- A Hittie MDI climbs the hill.

T7 210

We injure the MDI, losing one horse in the process.

IT- The MDI attacks and dies. They drop off two spears next to Cheju.

T8 190

A horse attacks and kills one of the spears. We kill another spear by Wonsan.

IT- A smattering of troops cross the border. Another spear is dropped off.

T9 170

We suffer a streak of bad RNG luck and lose a couple horses taking out Hittie swords in the south. The spear to the north is easily killed.

IT- We get blessed by the RNG and kill an AC and an MDI on defense. The defensive bombardment of the archer of the difference.

T10 150

Not much to do.

Summary

There are and AC and a sword on the hill. It seems best to let them attack. There is also a stream of swords coming north on the other hill. They're easy to pick off with horses. The galleys on our west coast are heading back to Hittite waters.

Well I am glad I put those walls in Wonsan. The masonry trade was well worth it.

It so far doesn't feel like the tech pace was slowed down 50%.

Meldor can see if we can get anything usefull from the war. We don't gain much from a defensive war. We could really use a few more cities, and iron is badly needed.

================

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Microbe
Greebley
Kaiser_Berger
Meldor (currently playing)

LKendter said:
What combat calculator?

The program located Here

You can use it to find out the odds of combat for pretty much any situation. It can come in quite handy in making a decision to attack or defend in certain situations.

Top Bottom