Locking CS Locations...

Civic713

Chieftain
Can you put city states in a custom map, and lock them at their location so that they will always appear there? If so, would you load this game simply as a custom map? Or would this be a mod/scenario?

Can you put city states in a custom map, and lock them at their location so that they will always appear there?

Yes.

If so, would you load this game simply as a custom map? Or would this be a mod/scenario?

Scenario.

Yes.

Scenario.

Thanks! Sorry if this is a noob question, but can we do multiplayer with scenarios?

Basically the situation is that we'd like to play Earth map. We'd also like to have CS's. But we hate that they spring up all over the place and always in the way! So we want to edit Earth map to put them out of the way, like on islands like Cuba for example. If you have a better way to accomplish this goal, please let me know! :)

I heard that playing scenarios in hotseat is possible with BNW, but I haven't checked it myself (and I don't have time to check it now, as I'm just leaving for a vacation trip :)) I don't know about online multiplayer, if it doesn't work then you can try the Giant Multiplayer Robot.

Can you put city states in a custom map, and lock them at their location so that they will always appear there? If so, would you load this game simply as a custom map? Or would this be a mod/scenario?

If you want any random city state to appear at a fixed location you can do it as a map, if however you want a named CS to start at a fixed location you need to do it as a scenario

If you want any random city state to appear at a fixed location you can do it as a map, if however you want a named CS to start at a fixed location you need to do it as a scenario

Thank you both for your help. This is what I would like to do. It doesn't matter that they are named correctly, just that they always appear within the slots we've designated.

If I designated 20 locations for CS in world builder, I would assume that when I play that map and choose, say 7 CS, those 7 CS would populate at random within those 20 locations?

Top Bottom