Look What I did in RFC (DOC, DOK, CMC, etc)

1SDANi

Sister Lady
I've decided to whip up a General Thread for posting and discussing accomplishments that don't require an entire thread dedicated to them. Any accomplishment that takes up a single post is allowed, including but not limited to a series of pictures of an empire at it's height, a paragraph about your English conquest of Jerusalem in 1100 AD, or a collection of pictures of your empire's territory over time.

To keep things understandable, please list what DOC you are using, this includes the approximate version (latest, 1.14, etc), and modmod (CMC, DoK, etc).

A M E R I C A the Beautiful

All the 50 states, DC and all 5 inhabited territories are represented by their largest cities, or, if forbidden by game's 1 tile separation rule -- by fully grown town with the highway.

Civ4ScreenShot0077.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG

The year is 2020, and you can guess which president won the time victory :mischief:

All the American wonders (except for Crystal Cathedral) were built in the historical locations. Very interestingly, New Orleans was 29 degree latitude so that leaves Houston the only city for the space wonders. How very appropriate.

P.S. To verify your DOC geekdom status try to locate the only town built by a WB because game would not allow it otherwise.

Attachments

• Sanders_AD-2020 Turn 500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
A M E R I C A the Beautiful

All the 50 states, DC and all 5 inhabited territories are represented by their largest cities, or, if forbidden by game's 1 tile separation rule -- by fully grown town with the highway.

View attachment 529933

View attachment 529930

View attachment 529934

The year is 2020, and you can guess which president won the time victory :mischief:

All the American wonders (except for Crystal Cathedral) were built in the historical locations. Very interestingly, New Orleans was 29 degree latitude so that leaves Houston the only city for the space wonders. How very appropriate.

P.S. To verify your DOC geekdom status try to locate the only town built by a WB because game would not allow it otherwise.
Cheyenne. Plains hills have zero food an thus you can't cottage them.

Greek space victory!

Sort of...
I rolled a Monarch/Marathon Greece start and instead of founding any core cities I decided to invade India. I started by conquering the Indus Valley Civilization, then I destroyed the Indians. They founded Hinduism which is a great religion stability-wise (I somehow had to counter the -24 overextension penalty that I got by leaving my core) so I converted. Later I founded Islam, which isn't that great in regards to stability but has much better wonders, so I decided to convert again. Wiping the Tamils out was pretty simple, as you can see.
Spoiler :

The next thing I had to worry about were the Mughals. I could destroy them in a turn when playing as the Harappans, but due to Persia's stupid city placement they were harder to take out than expected. I ended up wasting about ten cuirassiers to finally kill their army and vassalize them.
Later, I sent a caravel to conquer Mexico and the Inca. Selling dozens of slaves boosted my economy a lot, so it was worth the trouble. Besides, that land is pretty good.
The Mexicans declared independence in 1810, but I wiped them out 30 years later. I only conquered some indie cities after that.
My final civics were State Party (saved me tons of gold)/Individualism (I had a lot of cottages)/Tolerance (for stability)/Constitution/Free Enterprise/Multilateralism. This combined with a bunch of defensive pacts kept me alive after the industrial era. My huge amount of land and trading techs with my vassal, Mali (surprisingly they survived until 2006), resulted in an enormous tech lead which ultimately lead to victory.

Here's my empire after winning:
North India and Tibet
Spoiler :

South India
Spoiler :

South America
Spoiler :

North America
Spoiler :

My core
Spoiler :

The entire map
Spoiler :

Greek space victory!

Sort of...
I rolled a Monarch/Marathon Greece start and instead of founding any core cities I decided to invade India. I started by conquering the Indus Valley Civilization, then I destroyed the Indians. They founded Hinduism which is a great religion stability-wise (I somehow had to counter the -24 overextension penalty that I got by leaving my core) so I converted. Later I founded Islam, which isn't that great in regards to stability but has much better wonders, so I decided to convert again.

How exactly a religion helps to counter -24 stability? Via happiness? Or religious unity?

How exactly a religion helps to counter -24 stability? Via happiness? Or religious unity?
Yes, and some religions are compatible with certain civics. For example, Hinduism gives +3 stability with caste system which is compatible with other early civics as well. Islam gives +2 with slavery, but that doesn't help much since slavery isn't compatible with most medieval civics. On the other hand, you can capture a bunch of slaves in the New World even before switching to colonialism and stability isn't a huge problem before the industrial era anyways.

Yes, and some religions are compatible with certain civics. For example, Hinduism gives +3 stability with caste system which is compatible with other early civics as well. Islam gives +2 with slavery, but that doesn't help much since slavery isn't compatible with most medieval civics. On the other hand, you can capture a bunch of slaves in the New World even before switching to colonialism and stability isn't a huge problem before the industrial era anyways.
Do you have to kill Mughals before their turn 3? In my experience they just flip all your cities in their zone, including capital.

Do you have to kill Mughals before their turn 3? In my experience they just flip all your cities in their zone, including capital.
They only wanted to flip one city (called Alexandreia on my map), but I refused and slowly killed their army while sacrificing a ton of cuirassiers. If you want to avoid that, make sure Kabul isn't settled, put an army of knights/cuirassiers 1N2E to Delhi and take them out right after refusing the flip.

Last edited:
After conquering and nuking way too many civs, I finally won a domination victory with Polynesia. (Regent/Marathon, no way I could've done this on any higher difficulty)
This time I made quite a few screenshots so this will be a relatively long post.
After playing (and losing) many games by settling New Zealand and then going to Australia (this strategy was based on a Polynesian science victory for an older (maybe 1.12?) version of DoC, which I found on some Chinese forum), I finally found out that the trick was settling the only spot in the southern part of New Guinea that you can reach with a settler as your second city.
Spoiler Possibly the best city to settle in an ahistorical Polynesia game :

This allowed me to reach other civs much faster than using the New Zealand approach, which did wonders to my technological situation; I even managed to trade seafaring to India! Also, since I could get OB with them so early on, Hinduism spread to one of my cities by turn 369. This boosted our relations a lot, and I think I ended up getting 2-3 free techs from them. Sadly the Tamils did exceptionally great in this game, and they managed to collapse India at some point in the 13th century.
I beelined Cartography after getting Feudalism (=Tributaries=free commerce and stability), and even though the Scandinavians got it like a century before I did, they didn't go for the conqueror events. So I sent out a caravel as soon as I could, then razed the Inca capital and took all their cities and capitulated the Aztecs who would've respawned as Mexico anyways. Later I had to realize that the Inca will respawn without any core city as well, but at that point I could kill them again in about 3 turns.
Spoiler :

I also switched to slavery for the slave trading money. It was pretty hard to sell all my slaves in this game for some reason, but I still managed to do it and got quite a bit of money out of it.
On turn 887, Japan and Indonesia declared war on me. They didn't bring any troops except some ships which I sunk fairly quickly, so I made peace with Japan and capitulated Indonesia. Also, the Dutch settled a pretty useless city in New Zealand, which was conveniently next to my city on the island. So I ended up stealing pretty much all their gold and some of their techs.
Then I declared war on them due to a random wedding event. I mainly did this so that I could make peace with them when they got the Indonesian conqueror event. This resulted in their troops being pushed into Australia, and their stack proceeded to stay on my continent until I finally eradicated them.
Spoiler :

I got quite a few great people, but I saved most of them for the Industrial era, where I had a hard time staying stable, and having a somewhat acceptable economy. This was one exception though, as I really wanted that tech trading bonus (Polynesian tech modifiers are horrible).
Also, I finally capitulated Japan on turn 1089. They are pretty much the only strong AI in East-Asia that usually manages to stay alive, so I took the opportunity while they were still pretty weak.
Spoiler :

At this point I probably should've gone for America, but I didn't. This turned out to be a big mistake when half of the world declared war on me after a congress. America took about two Aztec cities, which I reconquered after taking all Portugese colonies in China. My army then started marching towards San Francisco, but more than half of it was annihilated by an unexpected American SoD so I finally made peace.
At this point the game kept CtDing on wine, but luckily I have a copy of Win10 on my computer so I was able to keep playing.
About 100 turns later I refused a congress decision which wanted me to give Cantao back to Portugal. This was actually a nice opportunity to "decolonize" some cities in my area without ruining my relations.
Spoiler :

Montezuma couldn't really do anything on the American front, and being the total failure he is, he kept using the mercenary archers he recruited against me hundreds of years ago (even though I gave him iron). He ended up collapsing to core, but as a nice side effect, America collapsed from overexpansion as well.
Spoiler This was all that was left of the Aztecs just after the arrival of my army :

Spoiler And if that wasn't enough... :

I reconquered their territory later. Meanwhile, Italy declared war on me and destroyed my Austrian peace vassals, thus lowering my stability (I was still in tributaries. Actually, I stayed in tributaries in the entire game). They even took Berlin...
Spoiler Such actions could not be tolerated :

Killing Italy was harder than I expected: I forgot to train any air units, and Italian fighters kept shooting at my stack. Additionally, my only source of oil was what I demanded from Austria, so I couldn't train any, either. I did manage to get them eventually in a rather brutal fashion.
Spoiler But even after this :

They weren't willing to capitulate. At least I got their vassals in the end. Spain as well, for despite the impressive size of their Empire, they were technologically way behind me.
Then China declared war on me for some reason. At this point I had so many planes that I could kill all their garrisons without a single land unit. They didn't have a stack either so taking them out was trivial. After that, I capitulated Thailand.
Also, Indonesia collapsed and then respawned, taking Havaiki (the city I mentioned on the first picture) But my navy was completely destroyed in the war against Italy, so they got away with it.
Then I noticed that Canada took the lead on the scoreboard. Since I was originally going for a time victory, this was a bit scary. I evaluated my options, and decided that starting a nuclear war against them would probably not work out very well. However, as I was already in state party, I could practically take any city I wanted. So I started doing that.
First, I capitulated Iran.
Spoiler :

Then Arabia. Then Egypt, but Egypt collapsed so I took all of their cities. I was planning to collapse Morocco as well, but they were going strong even after I took most of their cities in the Maghreb so I accepted their capitulation.
(also, I had to set the graphics to low after a MAF. sorry for the exceptionally bad quality of the following screenshots)
Spoiler Then I conquered any Independent African city that I could :

This wasn't quite enough for a domination victory, so I proceeded to take most Turkish cities and subsequently all of Russia. Meanwhile in Asia I was working on destroying Korea, which I did just after dropping a nuke on them. Also, even though I let them have one of my cities, the Indonesians still declared war on me. After I nuked their capital, they realized that peace is a better option.
Sweden declared war on me because of a defensive pact with Russia so I nuked them as well.
Finally, I got my population percentage past the domination limit (my territory was past it for 20 turns at that point, mostly because of my vassals). But just to be sure...
Spoiler :

Spoiler Aand victory! :

Spoiler My final empire :

Spoiler And last (and probably the least), my score :

PS:
I forgot to mention this but late game tech speed was horrendously slow. Even Super-Canada wasn't close to getting to the Mars, and the only competent AI in regards to teching was England (and the Vikings, but they collapsed in the 16th century I think), which was in the Global era in the 19th century, but then collapsed. Even Japan didn't really have techs I could've stolen in the end, despite the fact that I gave them pretty much all techs I researched for free. I guess one has to play on higher levels for an actually efficient espionage economy.
And tributaries is a must for Domination. I had a +20 foreign stability bonus from it in the end, which was enough for not having to care about stability.

After conquering and nuking way too many civs, I finally won a domination victory with Polynesia. (Regent/Marathon, no way I could've done this on any higher difficulty)...
Wow, what a read! Really pushing the boundaries on what I thought was possible with this mod; I think I'm most amazed at the fact that you didn't collapse.

After conquering and nuking way too many civs, I finally won a domination victory with Polynesia. (Regent/Marathon, no way I could've done this on any higher difficulty)
This time I made quite a few screenshots so this will be a relatively long post.
After playing (and losing) many games by settling New Zealand and then going to Australia (this strategy was based on a Polynesian science victory for an older (maybe 1.12?) version of DoC, which I found on some Chinese forum), I finally found out that the trick was settling the only spot in the southern part of New Guinea that you can reach with a settler as your second city.
Spoiler Possibly the best city to settle in an ahistorical Polynesia game :

This allowed me to reach other civs much faster than using the New Zealand approach, which did wonders to my technological situation; I even managed to trade seafaring to India! Also, since I could get OB with them so early on, Hinduism spread to one of my cities by turn 369. This boosted our relations a lot, and I think I ended up getting 2-3 free techs from them. Sadly the Tamils did exceptionally great in this game, and they managed to collapse India at some point in the 13th century.
I beelined Cartography after getting Feudalism (=Tributaries=free commerce and stability), and even though the Scandinavians got it like a century before I did, they didn't go for the conqueror events. So I sent out a caravel as soon as I could, then razed the Inca capital and took all their cities and capitulated the Aztecs who would've respawned as Mexico anyways. Later I had to realize that the Inca will respawn without any core city as well, but at that point I could kill them again in about 3 turns.
Spoiler :

I also switched to slavery for the slave trading money. It was pretty hard to sell all my slaves in this game for some reason, but I still managed to do it and got quite a bit of money out of it.
On turn 887, Japan and Indonesia declared war on me. They didn't bring any troops except some ships which I sunk fairly quickly, so I made peace with Japan and capitulated Indonesia. Also, the Dutch settled a pretty useless city in New Zealand, which was conveniently next to my city on the island. So I ended up stealing pretty much all their gold and some of their techs.
Then I declared war on them due to a random wedding event. I mainly did this so that I could make peace with them when they got the Indonesian conqueror event. This resulted in their troops being pushed into Australia, and their stack proceeded to stay on my continent until I finally eradicated them.
Spoiler :

I got quite a few great people, but I saved most of them for the Industrial era, where I had a hard time staying stable, and having a somewhat acceptable economy. This was one exception though, as I really wanted that tech trading bonus (Polynesian tech modifiers are horrible).
Also, I finally capitulated Japan on turn 1089. They are pretty much the only strong AI in East-Asia that usually manages to stay alive, so I took the opportunity while they were still pretty weak.
Spoiler :

At this point I probably should've gone for America, but I didn't. This turned out to be a big mistake when half of the world declared war on me after a congress. America took about two Aztec cities, which I reconquered after taking all Portugese colonies in China. My army then started marching towards San Francisco, but more than half of it was annihilated by an unexpected American SoD so I finally made peace.
At this point the game kept CtDing on wine, but luckily I have a copy of Win10 on my computer so I was able to keep playing.
About 100 turns later I refused a congress decision which wanted me to give Cantao back to Portugal. This was actually a nice opportunity to "decolonize" some cities in my area without ruining my relations.
Spoiler :

Montezuma couldn't really do anything on the American front, and being the total failure he is, he kept using the mercenary archers he recruited against me hundreds of years ago (even though I gave him iron). He ended up collapsing to core, but as a nice side effect, America collapsed from overexpansion as well.
Spoiler This was all that was left of the Aztecs just after the arrival of my army :

Spoiler And if that wasn't enough... :

I reconquered their territory later. Meanwhile, Italy declared war on me and destroyed my Austrian peace vassals, thus lowering my stability (I was still in tributaries. Actually, I stayed in tributaries in the entire game). They even took Berlin...
Spoiler Such actions could not be tolerated :

Killing Italy was harder than I expected: I forgot to train any air units, and Italian fighters kept shooting at my stack. Additionally, my only source of oil was what I demanded from Austria, so I couldn't train any, either. I did manage to get them eventually in a rather brutal fashion.
Spoiler But even after this :

They weren't willing to capitulate. At least I got their vassals in the end. Spain as well, for despite the impressive size of their Empire, they were technologically way behind me.
Then China declared war on me for some reason. At this point I had so many planes that I could kill all their garrisons without a single land unit. They didn't have a stack either so taking them out was trivial. After that, I capitulated Thailand.
Also, Indonesia collapsed and then respawned, taking Havaiki (the city I mentioned on the first picture) But my navy was completely destroyed in the war against Italy, so they got away with it.
Then I noticed that Canada took the lead on the scoreboard. Since I was originally going for a time victory, this was a bit scary. I evaluated my options, and decided that starting a nuclear war against them would probably not work out very well. However, as I was already in state party, I could practically take any city I wanted. So I started doing that.
First, I capitulated Iran.
Spoiler :

Then Arabia. Then Egypt, but Egypt collapsed so I took all of their cities. I was planning to collapse Morocco as well, but they were going strong even after I took most of their cities in the Maghreb so I accepted their capitulation.
(also, I had to set the graphics to low after a MAF. sorry for the exceptionally bad quality of the following screenshots)
Spoiler Then I conquered any Independent African city that I could :

This wasn't quite enough for a domination victory, so I proceeded to take most Turkish cities and subsequently all of Russia. Meanwhile in Asia I was working on destroying Korea, which I did just after dropping a nuke on them. Also, even though I let them have one of my cities, the Indonesians still declared war on me. After I nuked their capital, they realized that peace is a better option.
Sweden declared war on me because of a defensive pact with Russia so I nuked them as well.
Finally, I got my population percentage past the domination limit (my territory was past it for 20 turns at that point, mostly because of my vassals). But just to be sure...
Spoiler :

Spoiler Aand victory! :

Spoiler My final empire :

Spoiler And last (and probably the least), my score :

PS:
I forgot to mention this but late game tech speed was horrendously slow. Even Super-Canada wasn't close to getting to the Mars, and the only competent AI in regards to teching was England (and the Vikings, but they collapsed in the 16th century I think), which was in the Global era in the 19th century, but then collapsed. Even Japan didn't really have techs I could've stolen in the end, despite the fact that I gave them pretty much all techs I researched for free. I guess one has to play on higher levels for an actually efficient espionage economy.
And tributaries is a must for Domination. I had a +20 foreign stability bonus from it in the end, which was enough for not having to care about stability.
Damn, you did all of this and you only got Dan Quayle? Whatever algorithm is responsible for these scores does not know how to recognize true achievement. But jokes aside, this is by far the most bizarre game I've seen on these forums since the one where Greece sails to Australia at the start and sets up shop there. Or was that also you?

But jokes aside, this is by far the most bizarre game I've seen on these forums since the one where Greece sails to Australia at the start and sets up shop there. Or was that also you?
Yep, that was also me. I just like building ahistorical empires and seeing how it works out. Most of the time I fail, but sometimes I don't :)
Moving Greece to Australia turned out to be quite ineffective, though. There's just not much resources there until the historical colonization of the continent. It was a fun game, anyways.

Yep, that was also me. I just like building ahistorical empires and seeing how it works out. Most of the time I fail, but sometimes I don't :)
Moving Greece to Australia turned out to be quite ineffective, though. There's just not much resources there until the historical colonization of the continent. It was a fun game, anyways.
Ineffective or not, it's impressive. How do you manage this stuff stability wise?

Ineffective or not, it's impressive. How do you manage this stuff stability wise?
The key is economic stability in the classical era, and domestic stability in subsequent eras. Get the Colossus and the Great Cothon if you can (the GL is also nice to have), and always use the civic combination which gives you the most stability. And try to get feudalism before your economic growth ends. Golden ages are helpful, too.

Last person still playing 1.14 here (thank you Leoreth, best mod ever), I remember seeing a thread about who could get the biggest city back then which I can't find but, here's my contribution. The ones in that thread used somewhere in the United States with the Floating Gardens built as Maya. Naturally CHINA (or in this case China -> Mongolia) can do it way better.

I had my first collapse (and lost interest in continuing) with Anshan at a population of 81. I spent hours in the ancient game trying to chop out Hanging Gardens in Anshan for the 3:health: which ended up being almost completely insignificant given how fast the city grew at the end. With 57 settled great people (plus one scientist from an event and two merchants from Porcelain Tower) and City States generating 104:food: plus a globe spanning grain collection operation to power corporations, it didn't end up mattering that Anshan's tile yields are not that impressive. Despite only being able to work two food resource tiles and not having a river its potential is immense, greatly exceeding other cities for the following core reasons:

1) CHINA OP - Naturally in 1.14 China's ability to do crazy stuff is unparalleled and getting the biggest city is no exception. China's tech pace, early start, and Luoyang's productive capacity allows near limitless wonderspam in that city, generating the massive :gp: that powers the food engine here. You can even build the Leaning Tower. Not only does this give lots of early Great Merchants to get Anshan going, there's a long period when Anshan (specialists) and Luoyang (wonders) will be generating GPs almost equally fast and they will just pop and pop for ages. The biggest city in the world MUST be in Asia and near China as you can't get far at all without specialist food from settled Great Merchants/City States and nowhere else the potential this region does

2) MONGOLIA OP - Despite generating more :gp: than any other civ can, China's great person modifier is terrible (140 - tied for worst in the game). Switching to Mongolia not only fixes that problem with a great person modifier that's actually very good (70 - America and Germany are only slightly better at 65 and England is actually worse at 75) but resets the GP count allowing even more and faster merchants in the Renaissance. Mongolia is MUCH better than China here

3) STABILITY - The need to be Mongolia unfortunately restricts the site of biggest possible city. It needs to be in the Mongolian core and the best spot there is Anshan. The need to be in City States actually makes Anshan comparable to Luoyang - with 7 land tiles workable Luoyang can generate 41:food: while Anshan comes in with a very respectable 38:food: thanks to being able to get 12:food: from the ocean. Losing out on the Floating Gardens (no river) ups Anshan's deficit to 9:food:. Sounds bad, but, if you try it with Luoyang (or a better spot like Sanshan, Hangzhou, or even Tokyo) collapse around 1500 becomes likely. Furthermore, with Anshan as the big kahuna your expansion stability will never be a problem, allowing massive expansion to collect enough corporation resources to more than make up for whatever problems the site has. The stability advantage of ultra-mercantile Anshan also offers great potential for Space and even Conquest victories as Mongolia. There is another tile, Qufu 1S of the fish, that's better and becomes part of the Mongolian core later on, but I didn't know that would happen or what triggers it.

Despite all this stability is ultimately the limiting factor; you get -10 Domestic stability for running City States in the Future era which in combination with Foreign stability will ultimately cause collapse well before Anshan reaches its full potential; with more time in Republic and slightly better luck I think Anshan could reach 100 population by 2020

Last edited:
no way I could've done this on any higher difficulty
Wrong! Polynesia Domination, Monarch/Marathon:
Spoiler Victory :

Monarch is a bit harder to do than Regent, so some changes were necessary to my strategy.

First, I found a better spot to settle my second city. While the alternative choice eventually gives access to two resources, settling on the sugar gave me an actually useful city. This is because getting the first few units built (waka -> scout -> waka) helps a *ton* with establishing early contact with other civs, moving settlers to the Philippines + Australia, and of course getting the goodie hut money for teching. So for the first ~100 turns, I'd generally work a single citizen (1:hammers:), so the previous city would be stuck on level 1 for a long time. By settling on the sugar, I still get a second population point after just 80 turns, which translates into +2 commerce, and much earlier than with the other spot.
Spoiler An even better city :

Second, I needed the Great Lighthouse. Because of the awful modifiers, Polynesian economy in the early game (in fact, the entire game until State Party) simply sucks. The additional problem is that Polynesia starts with very few techs, and this horrible economy combined with DoC's nerfed tech trading makes it pretty hard to catch up. Plus you can't use spies until the late classical era. So the only solution I found is to pray that the AI does something weird and fails to build the GL (i.e. Greece converts to Zoroastrianism, and Phoenicia loses Carthage somehow.) I had to roll about 20 games for this to occur... but then it did. So I got the GL, which made things a lot easier. (To be fair, it is probably possible to catch up with techs without the GL, too. But I definitely couldn't figure out how to.)

Third, this time I conquered India relatively early. This was incredibly useful, because India helpfully built a bunch of wonders before collapsing, including the Buddhist shrine, and some "free food" types (which helped with GP spawning, and golden ages are essential for avoiding random collapse.) I didn't actually have to conquer the whole continent, I just kept Delhi and another city and left everything else to my Mughal and Tibetan vassals; the number of cities cost gets quite brutal with inflation, so I waited for better techs until their collapse. I mopped up all of India after banking, and even then it almost killed my economy (in retrospect, I should have waited... but I was too focused on getting rid of British invaders to think this through :p) Anyways, it turned out to be an incredibly useful asset, India probably has the best land on the entire map.
Spoiler Polynesian India in the 18th century :

Fourth, I changed my spying target. In the Regent game, I mainly used Japan because their UP helped them to keep up with techs until the late game. This time however I could rely on Indonesia way longer (until their collapse around the Renaissance era.) So I just picked their closest city, spread a bunch of Polynesian culture with my spies, and got a bunch of techs with a huge discount. After Indonesia collapsed, the Netherlands was kind enough to conquer the exact same city, keeping my flow of free techs intact.
Spoiler Turns out espionage for teching is indeed more useful on Monarch. But picking a good city is also important... :

All this (and some trading) helped me to stay in the tech race, eventually even surpassing my previous attempt's situation. Though not soon enough to get the conqueror events, that seems much more difficult on Monarch (plus beelining Cartography obsoletes the GL... probably not worth it.)

As usual, I vassalized Japan and Indonesia. Plus the aforementioned Tibet, Mughals, and some peace vassals (Koreans, Thais.) Only Japan didn't collapse in the long run, plus Iran which I acquired somewhat later. Luckily I didn't have to deal with the US, just a super France that even killed them in the end. And of course, erasing the French core destroyed their entire empire in a turn. I also vassalized Germany and Spain, but killed Austria which resulted in them respawning later... annoying as it was, I didn't make the same mistake again, and properly got them to capitulate. The British sadly had to be destroyed (wouldn't capitulate.) Nukes were useful...
Spoiler Destroying my foreign stability in a single click :

But I must say my stability sucked. I was originally planning to get a space victory, but besides my doubts on whether I could build the thing in the last 100 turns, I was also worried about getting into a world war that would kill my stability in one turn. (This time I didn't have enough vassals to abuse tributaries... feels like the AI is less prone to capitulate in time on Monarch? but I may be overthinking it...) Plus India could have respawned at any time, bringing my best cities with them (respawn stacks are scary, too.) Maybe if I had America, it would've been a different question... but again, I missed the opportunity to get it from the Independents, and I didn't feel like fighting a super Canada.
Spoiler America was in fact doing so bad, they peace-vassaled to me :

In the end, I got as far as starting to build the Mars colony thing, but then I realized I was about to win Domination anyways. So I did.
Spoiler Oceania, ca. 1995 (too late, I know) :

Spoiler Score. Somewhat better than last time :

My next goal is Emperor :p

Top Bottom