Looking at Civ for my dissertation, can you help?

Thank you, J. I have merely wanted to ask whether or not the dissertation of Meryt is finished. And now I seem to have necromanced the thread into a heated nonsense discussion. And this isn't even OT. ;)

Folk, if you really want to discuss this "topic" any further, please take it to OT into another thread.

Thank you!

Actually, what we need is more license for going off topic. Discussions do that. That is a good thing, because that is how I/you/trolls/lurkers learn. :lol: Everyone gets their say, which makes discussions more fulfilling. Everytime we get a interesting topic going it gets shut down. Per forum rules. I understand rules are there for a reason. (So no blame.) However, as long as everyone is being civil and getting along, why not keep interesting discussions going? As long as they have something to do with the original topic. I could see if it went from Egypt to the best Chilli recipe, then it would be off the map.

This is post is not against anyone in particular...not other members, not mods, not the King of Jordan, not even Barack Obama, or Oprah Winfrey (sadly enough). I am just stating how I feel. Discussions always stray. They are like a curvy road. They stray a bit then come back on course, and stray and come back, on and on, and so forth, neverending even when darkness falls. Like a Run-on sentence. :lol:

Did the survey! I myself, however, usually take more interest in the Kush nowadays. Good luck!

Guys - no need to do the survey anymore - This was posted a long time ago, by now he has already written his disertation.

Very much my sentiments, Gucumatz. I've sent an email to Meryt to ask. But until now I haven't received a reply.

As we move forward in time, our knowledge of the past will surely change. It is foolish to think we know everything now. What we think we know today could turn out to be wrong entirelty. If I were younger and richer, I would study devote myself to archeology. Its fascinating to me.

As we move forward in time, our knowledge of the past will surely change. It is foolish to think we know everything now. What we think we know today could turn out to be wrong entirelty. If I were younger and richer, I would study devote myself to archeology. Its fascinating to me.

I agree, and I actually could have, but chose another path. Such is life. There is so much to learn about history. So much we don't know. All we can do is keep on learning and pass down what we know to the next generation and so on. That is one reason why I say everything is relevant. Every thought is important, because you never know where that thought may lead. One supposed bad thought may someday unlock the universe.

Top Bottom