Looking forwards to Shadow leader choices

xAlephx

Jack of Clubs
Since I have been hijacking threads left and right about this topic, it probably deserves its own.

So in addition to believing that pretty much everyone will play Logos or Gosam for every race, I've been wondering about Cassiel, Hyborem, and Cardith. Is it Cassiel who makes the Grigori anti-religious, or is it a trait of the civ (answer in wiki - goes with Cassiel)? Likewise, will Hyborem make every civ he leads fallow (a serious flaw, since no other race can grow their cities in the manner used by the Infernals - wiki implies he won't)? Will Cardith sprawl every civ he leads?

Yeah, those traits should all follow the leaders. Bear in mind this isn't exactly an option that we will be working around--we will continue to balance civs as a whole including leader traits, so don't complain if Cardith Lorda is uber as Calabim, or Tebryn doesn't do much with the Khazad (there's a challenge for you!).
That said, have fun with it. :)

You're right. FIRAXIS BETTER MAKE LEADER TRANS-NATIONALITY OPTIONAL.

It's highly likely they have. It would be uber-folly not too. The same thing could happen in vanilla between UU's and promo-traits. Or unit maitnenance traits. Or unique buildings. Or...well, you get the picture.

if it were incorperated into FFH it could get really broken. like:
cardith as the elves- ginormous ubercities
that arcane sommoning leader as amurites- uberrly uber mages
any non aagnostic leader as grigori- even more uberly overpowered, can upgrade any religious unit into luonnotar then rush the altar
barbarian trait leader abuse - oh boy! now the sheiam are immune to avatar of wrath and the horsemen!!

barbarian trait leader abuse - oh boy! now the sheiam are immune to avatar of wrath and the horsemen!!

The barbs can declare war on you if you get "too civilized". They did it on me when I played Jonas. Although, they did it the same turn I won a religious victory.

I've had this even before I got Bronze Working. I think it might have something to do with if you out tech the other civs. It was turn 50 something I think.

The barbs can declare war on you if you get "too civilized". They did it on me when I played Jonas. Although, they did it the same turn I won a religious victory.

It is based on the relation between different players' scores. They will not declare war on you if there is any civ with a higher score, or if your score isn't at least 50% higher than the second highest.

Just so you know, minor xml changes already let you create any combo a civs and leaders. I have often played as Cardith of the Gregori and Ram (Tebryn) of the Amurites.

Top Bottom