Looks like Civ 6 is done: Kevin called April "final game update"

I must say, we still need to keep an eye out for any news related to civ. I would be happy to be surprised someday if there's still more for Civ VI after this patch, but not keeping my hopes too high.

I think they're clearly having fun with it while they are unauthorized to say either way.

Additionally, it's reasonable to assume, as has been mentioned a few times, that they're trolling and playing with us

I don't think they are doing either. It was Pete Murray who used the word year and he did so in the most "matter-of-factly" tone possible. When they troll they do it in such a way that you can actually imagine their faces twitching and mutating into this face:

Case in point, check the way they talk about Atlantis starting at 1:13:35.
---

I think the word Season is used on purpose to leave their options open, and I think the most likely scenario is that Pete Murray used the word Year casually as a synonym without thinking too much about it.

I don't think they are doing either. It was Pete Murray who used the word year and he did so in the most "matter-of-factly" tone possible. When they troll they do it in such a way that you can actually imagine their faces twitching and mutating into this face:

Case in point, check the way they talk about Atlantis starting at 1:13:35.
---

I think the word Season is used on purpose to leave their options open, and I think the most likely scenario is that Pete Murray used the word Year casually as a synonym without thinking too much about it.
I mean, you're right, they are keeping their options open, and that's my point. They're not committing and jumping on one word silly because...they're not committing. I think they're also having fun with us, intentionally using ambiguous language so we'd do exactly what we're doing now...arguing about it and paying attention to Civ VI rather than say HK. They can be more deadpan than I think you (and many others) give them credit for.

Do we seriously already have 38 pages on a thread just about three-ish words pronounced in weird ways, 38 pages just full of basically baseless and unfounded theories about what they could mean?

Gosh I will never stop to love you all, CivConspiracists... hem, I mean, CivFanatics

To be fair, you’ve posted in this thread almost a dozen times ;)

To be fair, you’ve posted in this thread almost a dozen times ;)

Time flies by when you're having fun, eh? :hug:

My boyfriend made me realized that we all here have the potential to be real-life conspiracy theorists, but our way to deal with this urge on a forum about a game rather than reality is way healthier.

Never change, my fellow tinfoil-hat friends!

I see Barbarian Clans update and Heroes and Legends balance updates on the poster, so we might be getting some more fixes for the game modes too.

The patch notes end with these words:

"We appreciate your continued support and feedback across our social media channels, the Civilization subreddit, Steam forums and elsewhere. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn, and be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI."

So there are more news and information about VI to come? :mischief:

The patch notes end with these words:

"We appreciate your continued support and feedback across our social media channels, the Civilization subreddit, Steam forums and elsewhere. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn, and be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI."

So there are more news and information about VI to come? :mischief:
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but it has said that at the end of every patch notes. Likely, just part of a template.

Hmmm...

---

Edit: I don't know why the picture got so large.
Well after Toy Story 3 nobody expected a Toy Story 4 right? :mischief:

I think at this point we can without a doubt be sure that this is the final free community game update patch of the year's season for Sid Meier's Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass.
Fixed it for you! :D

So basically, from what I've seen, is that Firaxis has hired aliens who are just learning English and have no clue how to indicate tone.

Top Bottom