Losing Roughly $1000 a Turn For No Reason

jetnightshade

Chieftain
So it's 1648, I've got a dozen colonies growing at a nice clip with plenty of infrastructure and enough troops to keep things under control. I sell some goods in Europe and I've got around $2,000. I end my turn and for some reason now I've only got $1,000. I didn't buy anything and I lost the money from the period I clicked "end turn" to the start of my next turn. This didn't seem to happen in the beginning of the game, but now I seem to lose a lot of money every time I click "end turn." It's impossible for me to save up for the big items because I keep losing money turn after turn. Do building's require maintenance costs or something? I couldn't find anything like that in the manual.

Welcome to the Forums jetnightshade. :beer:

So it's 1648, I've got a dozen colonies growing at a nice clip with plenty of infrastructure and enough troops to keep things under control. I sell some goods in Europe and I've got around $2,000. I end my turn and for some reason now I've only got $1,000. I didn't buy anything and I lost the money from the period I clicked "end turn" to the start of my next turn. This didn't seem to happen in the beginning of the game, but now I seem to lose a lot of money every time I click "end turn." It's impossible for me to save up for the big items because I keep losing money turn after turn. Do building's require maintenance costs or something? I couldn't find anything like that in the manual.

Privateers might be stealing gold from you? (Can they do this in Col?)

No AFAIK the only thing that can cost you gold is when you accept the King's demands. There are no maintenance costs anywhere. Although if you hurry production in cities, that can cost you gold.

Just say no!!!

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Pioneer actions cost gold Wheldrake. :)

YEs, but 1000 gold per turn? Who has 50 pioneers out terraforming the planet?

:scan:

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I think my record is 37. I had conquered 2/3 of southern america and felt like filling in my empire with roads.

Anyone else miss the automate trade network system button from civ4 btw? The one that just has em build roads? That would be perfect imo >.<

Top Bottom