Low Res Version of Civ6? (Mac)

DanaLea

Prince
Supporter
Strategic view, which is in the images you posted, works fine on my 2014 air.

Mine's a mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

upload_2016-12-3_17-48-59.png

My macbook meets all the requirements for Civ6 EXCPET the video card, but it's close. Is there a low res or 2D setting for the game that could allow me to play (until I can convince my husband to let me spend 3K on a new iMac!)?

I'm talking about images I've seen like these:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/media/2016-11-25-21_18_47-sid-meiers-civilization-vi-dx11.4026/
https://forums.civfanatics.com/media/2016-11-25-21_18_47-sid-meiers-civilization-vi-dx11-2.4025/
A new iMac will come in early 2017 and yes, it should be able to play with high settings.

Just be patient.

Mine's a mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

View attachment 460360
Strategic view will (should) still work fine, as another said. I've been playing VI in strat view on mine with a half gig vid card, of course there are no unit models (just icons) but I never even realize half the time. Strat view is very pretty, some stuff (tile yields) is put in hard-to-see places but it's ok overall.

But annoying because V always ran fine with medium settings, VI's world doesn't even look as good…

Both your graphic cards should also allow playing in normal 3d mode on low settings, besides being not supported. I play on a Intel HD 4000.

A new iMac will come in early 2017 and yes, it should be able to play with high settings.

Just be patient.

Yeah, about that... LOL

Hubby finally gave me to okay to order a new iMac (been bugging him for months) and it'll be here next week. A 27", 4.0 ghz, 32 Ram with the better graphic card. Waiting another month or two would have been okay, but it's already ordered, so I'm good. :)

Yeah, about that... LOL

Hubby finally gave me to okay to order a new iMac (been bugging him for months) and it'll be here next week. A 27", 4.0 ghz, 32 Ram with the better graphic card. Waiting another month or two would have been okay, but it's already ordered, so I'm good. :)
I hope all goes well with you and your husband when your iMac arrives.

Me, I'm going to wait for early 2017 to snag a new iMac.

Top Bottom