ls612's C2C Units

@ls612

First I need you to chnage the Tiger Claw to require Tamil culture instead of Ceylonese.

Here is the new UU for the Ceylonese.

-----

Katara Warrior
Graphic: See Attachment
Icon: See Attachment
Type: Melee
Strength: 10
Movement: 1
Cost: 85
Req Tech: Civil Service AND Machinery
Req Resource: Ceylonese AND (Copper OR Iron)
Upgrades To: Musketman

Special Abilities
  • 50% vs Melee
  • Starts with Cover I, Shock I

Notes: Use Maceman as a Base.

-----

Thanks! :goodjob:

@ Hydro, now that you have a requirement for the Stone Thrower to Slinger for Tool Making, do you want to move the Slinger there then?? Plus if you move him back that far then, he needs to be str 3.

@ Hydro, now that you have a requirement for the Stone Thrower to Slinger for Tool Making, do you want to move the Slinger there then?? Plus if you move him back that far then, he needs to be str 3.

What requirement for the stone thrower?

The Slinger is already at Tool Making + Weaving. Any later would disrupt the Atl-Atl.

I can't move it anymore.

Rock Thrower (STR 1) -> Slinger (STR 2) -> Atl-Atl (STR 4) -> Archer (STR 5) -> Longbowman (STR 8)

Clubman (STR 2) -> Stone Spearman (STR 3) -> Atl-Atl (STR 4) -> Javelineer (STR 5) -> Early Skrimisher (STR 6)

Clubman (STR 2) -> Stone Spearman (STR 3) -> Atl-Atl (STR 4) -> Spearman (STR 5) -> Pikeman (STR 6)

Al I could move is the clubman back to st1 but I think 2 fits better for how early it is. Thus to keep the Atl-Atl under 5 strength the stone spear has to be 3 (sicne it cannot be under 2 or 4).

In short they are more or less locked in place now.

What requirement for the stone thrower?

The Slinger is already at Tool Making + Weaving. Any later would disrupt the Atl-Atl.

I can't move it anymore.

Rock Thrower (STR 1) -> Slinger (STR 2) -> Atl-Atl (STR 4) -> Archer (STR 5) -> Longbowman (STR 8)

Clubman (STR 2) -> Stone Spearman (STR 3) -> Atl-Atl (STR 4) -> Javelineer (STR 5) -> Early Skrimisher (STR 6)

Clubman (STR 2) -> Stone Spearman (STR 3) -> Atl-Atl (STR 4) -> Spearman (STR 5) -> Pikeman (STR 6)

Al I could move is the clubman back to st1 but I think 2 fits better for how early it is. Thus to keep the Atl-Atl under 5 strength the stone spear has to be 3 (sicne it cannot be under 2 or 4).

In short they are more or less locked in place now.

Not what i am saying at all (the chart is perfect), the "slinger" cant be made until Tool Making" but shows up in Weaving tech, makes no sense?? If you cant make the Slinger until Tool Making then move him there, but if you do then the str has to be 3, if still at weaving then str 2, but w/o the tools making tech? I hope you got that now??

Not what i am saying at all (the chart is perfect), the "slinger" cant be made until Tool Making" but shows up in Weaving tech, makes no sense?? If you cant make the Slinger until Tool Making then move him there, but if you do then the str has to be 3, if still at weaving then str 2, but w/o the tools making tech? I hope you got that now??

That's only on the tech tree. In the civpedia it shows up in both techs (Weaving and Tool Making). Note that you can get Tool making before Weaving. To move him there you would have to reverse the order of the required techs. Right now its code is ...

Code:
			<PrereqTech>TECH_WEAVING</PrereqTech>
			<TechTypes>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_TOOL_MAKING</PrereqTech>
			</TechTypes>

You would need to change it to ...

Code:
			<PrereqTech>TECH_TOOL_MAKING</PrereqTech>
			<TechTypes>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_WEAVING</PrereqTech>
			</TechTypes>

If you want it to show up under the Tool making tech on the tree. However you still will not get it any faster if you go to tool making first.

As for the strength it cannot be str 3 since it comes around the time of the Clubman (STR 2). Its not until way later that you get the Stone Spearman or Stone Axeman at STR 3. Thus having the Slinger at STR 3 would be way too overpowered and clubman could never take on slingers. Slingers already have uber defenses against them.

In addition it would make the Neanderthals too weak then. Since they would easily be taken out. Its not until STR 3 that neanderthals are about equal to you and then past that they will die much of the time for STR 4+.

Note that you can get Tool making before Weaving.

This is all i am trying to say, all that other stuff you mentioned doesn't mean anything too much to me. So in your synopsis then dont do weaving right away even though its far closer to the beginning of the era:confused: But once you get tool making you already have str 3 units? I guess thats were i am confused, sorry, if i am not making sense.:crazyeye: Or am i looking at this wrong, like usual???:mischief: Or should i just shut my mouth (PC):p

And you can get Weaving before Tool Making. It all depends upon what you research first on the tree. Personally I like taking weaving and shelter building early so I can unlock all the buildings from the other techs. But going Tool Making first is just as good a choice as any.

OK done then with this conv. . thx, just making a voice heard just in case others see what i do, thx for the opinions.;)

@Hydro: You drew up two units with the Bengali culture, the Sepoy and the Gurkha. I know for a fact that the Gurkha were British mercenaries from Tibet and Nepal, so I think you should change the culture on that one. Also, any news on where to find graphics for the Chakram?

I have just added the Rajput and the Gurkha. This means that I'm done with everything before the freeze. During the freeze I'll refocus my efforts on tweaking a few more things about the gamespeeds, and after V22 I'll add the rest of the requested units, as well as many more.

I have just added the Rajput and the Gurkha. This means that I'm done with everything before the freeze. During the freeze I'll refocus my efforts on tweaking a few more things about the gamespeeds, and after V22 I'll add the rest of the requested units, as well as many more.

During the freeze you are supposed to be testing everyone elses contributions to make sure everything is good.:mischief:

Are these units just supposed to be listed as regular units, or are they supposed to be in the unique area with their Civ association?

Those are all Culture Unit Art from V21. I have no idea why they are not in the FPK, unless they are duplicates? At any rate, they need their folder names changed to be standardized with my other culture units.

I see what they weren't moved, in your modules thread you just put them in the countries name, then the XML files, thats not where they belong.

See attached, thats how they are supposed to be.

That way when we put them in the core nothing gets messed up.

I see what they weren't moved, in your modules thread you just put them in the countries name, then the XML files, thats not where they belong.

See attached, thats how they are supposed to be.

That way when we put them in the core nothing gets messed up.

OK, it's all well and good now on the SVN, and I've also moved ALL my post V21 art into the core as well, so you should be good to merge into the FPK.

OK, it's all well and good now on the SVN, and I've also moved ALL my post V21 art into the core as well, so you should be good to merge into the FPK.

Now doesnt that make more sense, and looks ALOT better, thx:goodjob::goodjob:

Does anyone have a spread sheet for all the units?.

Playing as Hittites you get your unique Chariot ( 3/4 man heavy chariot, used to get foot to where they fought,strategic lift over long distance for foot soildiers ment its neighbours had to have a deep layer of walled cities to prevent a thrust past the outer crust of fortified cities) which is more expensive to aquire than the same valued stock chariot, while Egypt gets its chariot bumped to combat value 5 ( 2 man light chariot, mobile fire platform with no startegic lift).

The first cav unit is better combat value than the first chariot, yet we know chariots predate mounted warfare as the first mil use for horses, and chariots were replaced by mounted units over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls612
@Hydro: You drew up two units with the Bengali culture, the Sepoy and the Gurkha. I know for a fact that the Gurkha were British mercenaries from Tibet and Nepal, so I think you should change the culture on that one.
Sorry. It should be ...

Bengali = Sepoy
Nepal = Gurkha

Those came from the Uk Crown takeing over the East India Company private Army into the Crowns control, along with EIC Addiscombe Military Academy for its military which together with Roaal Mil Academy Woolwich 1740 was the model for Royal Military Academy Sandhurst 1800.

War Colleges for many militarlistc nations, (Sandhurst/West point/ Saint-Cyr etc, as Dartford, Anapolis for naval) should replace the West point wonder.

@ls612

Please make this unit.

Raft
Graphic: See Attachment
Icon: See Attachment
Type: Wooden Ships
Strength: 1
Movement: 1
Cost: 8
Req Tech: Raft Building (Coming Soon)
Req Resource: Wood OR Prime Timber OR Bamboo
Upgrades To: Canoe

Special Abilities
  • National Unit (Limit 5)
  • Cargo Space 1
  • Cannot Entire Polar Ocean, Ocean, Tropical Ocean
  • This Unit is Tradable
  • 25% vs Wild Animals

Notes: Use Canoe as a Base.

I altered the Meso-American Raft so it can have no sails. The attachment has the altered version plus the icon/button (which is from Empire Earth's War Raft). I asked SO to make a new "Raft Building" tech so you can either choose to wait or give it a stand in tech like "Carpentry" until the tech is added.

Thanks! :goodjob:

Top Bottom