[MA] SDK and Python

So... why not just use simple XML and add them as upgrades for that unit

Just use canTrain callback and allow obsolete units to be trainable.

To me, AI is more important than performance.
First of all, python is not as taxing as you made it sound to be.
Secondly, look at CiV.
It performs well, nice graphics, not laggy etc.
But it is crap because the AI is total crap.
So you rather have a mod where the AI is crap but performance wise is good, or you rather have a mod where AI is still good but just one or two additional python codes?

As I say: Lemon Merchant will help with the ai

Hmm recent experiments suggest that your historical cities doesn't work due to a strange bug (and some typos) anyway, I will send you a new one over with mistakes ammended (though the way it is imported into the CvGameUtils is a little different now)

on a happier note I have finished your ship recycling code (provided that you still have that method in the DLL) and can ship over the files (and code for the CvGameUtils) later on today! what you need though is a button. I have created the XML for one but you need to put in the Art, at the moment it shows up as being the MakeGroup button for standard units. You also need to add text to the XML for it aswell!

Bored, you need me to fix the Great General python codes for you since the original author seems to be missing in action :D

Your GG codes which allow a GG to be transferred to another unit when it died.
I don't think the author fixed the logic errors I pointed out and I doubt you did either

Im probably going to take taht out since the message saying it dies and then it doesnt makes the mod seem a bit "unprofessional" for lack of a better word. If jamie knows how to remove that line then i will keep it int and probably a 60% chance it survives would be more realistic

Already removed it for my own Tomb of Cyrus Wonder lol

Don't you have to remove messages via SDK or edit the message to say something else I guess?

On further note: I got an A* in my programming module in engineering, woo :p

1 simple python code will do.
I got A+ in C Programming as well :D

Remove the leader if I remember. Maintenance over, cant be bothered to check, back to play my game lol

When the GG unit died, remove the leader(GG) from it, so it becomes a normal unit.
Thus, since there is no GG, you don't get a GG died msg.
Refer to Tomb of Cyrus, lazy to type lol

actually that would also be a solution. If you remove the civ's leaderhead then the player will be so distracted figuring out why that he won't notice the message :p Then the next time a general dies add the leader back on and they will still be clueless :lol:

Top Bottom