(Mac) Civ III Complete Crashes

CivCraftWars

Chieftain
Hi all (new to this site, so please excuse any mistakes, etc.)
My Civ III complete (for mac) keeps crashing for some reason. I just got it, the disk is not scratched, my computer works fine, but for some reason it keeps crashing. I've found that it mostly happens when the building box (mid left in the city screen) is opened for too long, or I try to scroll through the units/buildings. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi, welcome :wavey:

1. Have you updated it to the latest patch? Download link is here. When you select Get Info for the CIv3 Complete application, you should see:

"1.22 Rev. A (v10667a), © 2005-6 2K Games, Inc. All rights reserved."

If you have the latest version, and it still crashes, I assume you see a crash report. If so, copy the first 100 lines or so to a post here and we'll see if it gives any clues about the problem.

If you have new mac - go to your mouse preferences and turning off all multi-finger and other options. I noticed on a new Macbook Pro running 10.6.2 that eliminated most of my crashes immediately.

Thanks guys! I will try both of your suggestions ASAP! (I can't access my computer right now, but I'll be able to later today).

Top Bottom