Macedonic Palace city icons

skam0073

Warlord
I found a scale model picture from an old book of mine about the ancient city of Vergina,located southwest of Thesalloniki in the northen Greece part.It represented a Macedonic palace along with the surrounding buildings and two magnificent Macedonic tombs.I thought I give it a try.Of course we all know that is impossible to make an accurate representation of a city with the cartoonish Civ style graphics,so only the main building in the third icon looks a little bit like the original.Hope you like it:)

Attachments

• Preview.gif
    Preview.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,430
  • Macedonic Palace.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 698
  • PreviewWALLS.gif
    PreviewWALLS.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 873
  • MacedonicWALLS.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 598
I really like that...any chance of anyone creating a full city-style pack for this(ancient, medi, indus & modern)?

Just a thought... ;)

These are excellent! I support you doing a full scale version of this as well.
I like it how you are making custom cities for single civs. You are doing great work, please keep it up!
:thumbsup:

Nice. There's a good possibility that they might be included in the FF IX style cities that I'll be making once my unit project backlog has been cleared.

Thank you all very much for your comments:)I usually make them for mods and scenarios but I'll try to make all eras soon.
Hikaro Takayama said:
Nice. There's a good possibility that they might be included in the FF IX style cities that I'll be making once my unit project backlog has been cleared.
I didn't know that FF series use this kind of graphics for some of their cities..
But then again,I don't know much about FF so maybe you can give me some info on that.

HOLY CRAP! Thoes are AMAZING! You made these yourself hmm? Hmmmm... HMMM.. .Hmmmm....

skam0073 said:
Thank you all very much for your comments:)I usually make them for mods and scenarios but I'll try to make all eras soon.

I didn't know that FF series use this kind of graphics for some of their cities..
But then again,I don't know much about FF so maybe you can give me some info on that.

Most of the archietecture in FF IX, such as the cities of Alexandria and Lindblum, were of Mediterranean/Greaco-Roman style, as well as the city of Jueno in FF XI. I'll probably be mixing them with various other Greaco-Roman city graphics, as well as Maisse's Combined Euro-Med cities. If you go to my graphics library (linked in my sig), the three sets of city graphics were created in a similar manner by cutting and pasting stuff from other peoples/games cities, as well as a few of my own buildings thrown in for variety. If you want some good screenshots, go to http://www.ffonline.com

Nice! Are you planing doing more of them? I mean, if you play with this and original Civ3 icons, the buildings in this citie will look a little large, compared to the others. If you could make some more of them in the same scale, nobody cares about that. :)

For minoan cities, I can give youtips and pictures I made in Knossos. I also tried to make a minoan palace, I can give you the file. ;)

Top Bottom