Mac's "Great" apparently... but why doesnt it run games?

very few i imagine.. isnt it all electronics.. beyond the fans isnt everything solid?

Then if you could manage to make my wifi connection work you're my hero.

And since it's simple, I guess you don't even need to come to my place, right?

I could but not in here you'd have to go the computer section. :p

Do you realize how many moving parts a computer has?

A few fans and two maybe 3 electric motors to spin the HD and CD/DVD drives. Why?

Do you have any Idea how many moving parst are in the standard duel overhead cam v block with 8 cyl. and 32 valves?

A few fans and two maybe 3 electric motors to spin the HD and CD/DVD drives. Why?

Do you have any Idea how many moving parst are in the standard duel overhead cam v block with 8 cyl. and 32 valves?

Fair enough, there probably aren't a lot of moving parts in a computer. However, it is still an enormously complicated machine. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

But a mac isn't?

i think what he is trying to say, as regard upgrading.. theres only 5->10 parts, and they are actually designed so they will only plug in the right places anyway.. its even colour coded with lil diagrams!

Linux is also crap. Look at me! I have to type a bunch of crap to make my sound card work. Hawt sex! Anyway Linux is only good for running game servers.
That's nice. I didn't have to type anything to get my sound card working in Linux.

Also, you seem to think that the only type of server out there is a game server. Linux and the other Unix variants such as BSD also run many web servers, email servers, and such.

Fair enough, there probably aren't a lot of moving parts in a computer. However, it is still an enormously complicated machine. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

It would all boil down to your level of comfort. I can build a rig and make it run in two hours. Swaping out CD/DVD drives is preaty easy (just remember to make one a slave when adding) adding a HD or vid card is preaty much plug and play.

I'm no computer wiz. The only coding I learned was LOGO in the late 80s. I think some people have a fear of computers that a few hours of learning would help to get over. The first comp. I ever used was a Commadore 64 so I've had one all my post toddler life. Maybe I'm just more comfertable.

It would all boil down to your level of comfort. I can build a rig and make it run in two hours. Swaping out CD/DVD drives is preaty easy (just remember to make one a slave when adding) adding a HD or vid card is preaty much plug and play.

I meant in the sense that it is an enormously complicated machine. As someone who enjoys figuring out how things work, I don't think I would have much problem trying to install something onto a PC. That said, from my experience, it is much easier to install new software and hardware on a Mac.

I'm no computer wiz. The only coding I learned was LOGO in the late 80s. I think some people have a fear of computers that a few hours of learning would help to get over. The first comp. I ever used was a Commadore 64 so I've had one all my post toddler life. Maybe I'm just more comfertable.

:shrug: I enjoy figuring out how things work, so it's never really bothered me. Can't say I understand any real programming, though.

I have the same background, and all I can say is that networking, be it wireless or LAN, is a b!tch.

Apple's place is in music. Macs are just not selling compared to Windows.

Macs are like cars with automatic transmission. Easy to use but you can't do very much with them.

Mac's have a magnetic power cord connection and if you hit by mistake you unplug your computer. Good idea!
Aside from limited software and games they are for the most part a nitch market.
a friend of mine has a mac an is always wanting to "borrow" some of my software just to find out it doesn;t work with a Mac. Or they see some other "cool" program and it doesn't work with a Mac ... to me they are the Betamax of computers.

Well... now that the MacOS is UNIX based, I'm guessing software developers will start making games for it. You can also run Windows games under Windows emulators, similar to running them under WINE or CEDEGA(sp?) in Linux.

Top Bottom