Mad Scientist's Role Play Challenge Summary: Civilization V

An update to this RPC series.

Consider the CIV V MS-RPC games on hold for a while. There appears to be some patches coming out that may improve gameplay which will add to the RPC angle.

To be honest, Civ V has several issues both in the game and compatibility with RPCs.

* The AIs are too boring and non-interactive.

* Diplomacy is way too uncertain and unknown.

*TRades essentially are only 2 types, hogging happiness resources and making research pacts for a random tech.

* The AIs are idiots at war (and not in the fun way that Civ IV MOnty used to be).

* The tech tree is painfully dull with little direction past Civil Service.

Now there are many good and potentially useful aspects to the game for RPCs such as the culture/social aspect, the hexagon map for warfare, and an abundence of buildings. I understand it is NOT supposed to be Civ IV, but right now there is not much here. To me it's taken an overall big "STEP BACK" and NOT offered more sophistication and depth I expected.

SO in time I will likely restart the series, but not until I am satisfied with the progress of the game performance

Consider the CIV V MS-RPC games on hold for a while. There appears to be some patches coming out that may improve gameplay which will add to the RPC angle.

To be honest, Civ V has several issues both in the game and compatibility with RPCs.

*TRades essentially are only 2 types, hogging happiness resources and making research pacts for a random tech.

* The AIs are idiots at war (and not in the fun way that Civ IV MOnty used to be).

Now there are many good and potentially useful aspects to the game for RPCs such as the culture/social aspect, the hexagon map for warfare, and an abundence of buildings. I understand it is NOT supposed to be Civ IV, but right now there is not much here. To me it's taken an overall big "STEP BACK" and NOT offered more sophistication and depth I expected.

SO in time I will likely restart the series, but not until I am satisfied with the progress of the game performance

Unfortunate, but I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this.

Thanks for the attempt, Mad. :goodjob:

Funny, that's my assessment of V as well. Highly disappointing, I'm back to Civ IV.

Top Bottom