1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MadDjinns Tech tree (mod) 2.21

Vanilla CivVI tech tree replacement

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

:(

2. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

it's faster and easier to just use the ingame subscription to keep it up to date.

3. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

ok, changed my mind and am dropping a snapshot here.

I may be changing the mod a few times in the near future, so a stable snapshot would be useful. check the OP for the mod.

4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Thank you! :thumbsup:
    Agreed, but unfortunately I've had some issues with Civ VI Mods in the Workshop working correctly so I prefer to stick with d/l Mods for the time being.

6. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

8. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

hmm, the mod loading order seems to have been messed with again, so I'll have to make a change to the mod to make it load the sql statement first again. will do in the next few days.

9. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

10. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

11. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Downloaded the game and started playing with it a few days ago. Haven't gone anywhere near a full game but there are two things that stood out for me:

There's a huge beeline to knights possible. It probably needs some extra prerequisite. I'm guessing engineering or military tactics would work.

Astronomy is a dead-end tech whose only benefit is to unlock a fairly poor wonder. It really ought to be a prerequisite for scientific theory. The problem is such a line would be ugly because it cuts across the entire diagram, but on the other hand linking the top and bottom branches is good thing.

12. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

The beakers needed to get to knights is the same as per getting to pikes or crossbows. That was done on purpose.

13. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Ah, fair enough. Having played a couple of games with your mod I have to admit that I can't imagine going without it!

Astronomy is still puzzling me. I simply can't think of any possible reason to research it at all. Why leave it as a dead-end tech which only unlocks one of the most useless wonders in the game?

14. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

My thought line was it was only a single wonder there, so it's not worth researching if the wonder is already researched. Some future tech plan might include removing some other one off wonders into their own dead end techs to see what happens.

15. asdazza

asdazza Chieftain

Anyone tested this on R&F expansion?

16. CromWP

CromWP Chieftain

Tried today, seems not to be working with the game as it is now, with Rise and Fall.. any updates planned? thank you. :)