1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MadDjinns Tech tree (mod) 2.21

Vanilla CivVI tech tree replacement

1. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Ok, I'll have to go in and rebreak the new change. The ctd is due to the new connection being between two techs that are not capable of connecting in the mod version and the way I broke them for that specific tech (replaceable parts) wasn't sufficient.

Edit: to wit... the ctd is because the system does not like crossing the streams. (Lines drawn in this case)

2. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

Guess they like their swim lanes

3. Captain Fargle

Captain Fargle Chieftain

The version of the mod in the OP is still the one that doesn't work with the new patch then?

4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Yes. I'm not home yet, so I'll fix it later tonite probably.

It should be only a one ish line change. I'll probably also look at adding the mod into the cfc component library properly, rather than just as a link.

5. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

So have you gotten to it sir?

6. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

yeah, found time to check it and fix it (one line that removes their change).

I'm going to see about uploading it as a mod component, rather than it's own 'thread'. but here it is for now.

Attached Files:

Buni0ns likes this.
  7. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks!

8. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

ok, I'm pretty sure I got this created as a resource now with proper linking to the thread.

the new version works with the patch.

9. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

I'm not sure if I missed anything, but it looks like the content from your old mod and the new one is the same?? What did you change that I missed?!

10. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@Littlebob86 Line 153 - Deleted the new prereq of Metal Casting for Economics that was added in the patch.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  11. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

yup, that's all that was needed. it was causing a stream crossing due to me having moved Economics.

12. Preußens_Gloria

Preußens_Gloria Chieftain

I would suggest creating more key technologies. Means that all technologies in one era lead to one key technologie you need for the next. I think this mechanic of multiple ways to the next era leads to very strange curcumstances. I am in modern age and all my skyscrapers are lighting up, but I have not even researched coal or electricity. I think such makes the game even more ridicoulus to call it "Civilization". And coal is an component of gunpowder althought it is researched later. I am also not sure with mass production. I miss the manufactories. Printing is to weak on its position. It should be on the niveau of education. I think the total tech tree needs a rework so it makes more sense and forces you to key technologies.

13. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

I'm going to revisit this mod and check for any other changes that are needed.

Other than making archery a prerequisite to horseback riding (and personally I think moving Saka horse archers there) are there any other changes people would like to see?

14. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Something that makes the AI build planes. I miss dogfights :(

Perhaps make biplanes free to build (no aerodrome req.). I don't know if that would help them go to fighters (there are still and should be req. for that) but perhaps a step on the way. Although I don't know if there is any easy solution for that. Your mod is actually quite good. This would be one of the few things.

15. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

16. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

What I did was that I modified the AI Air Force mod so it only skips the aerodrome requirement for building air units (the mod originally changes all sorts of air stats). Funny thing, I tested it with Autoplay to see if it works and the AI build air and eventually it also builds aerodromes. Strange. Perhaps the AI got an incitament for building them, like a chatch 22 thing. They don't bother building them because they don't have air units and they can't build air units without them. Now if you skip the requirement, they build air units and also builds the aerodrome.

17. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

I have been exclusively using your tech tree for some time now and I want to experiment with a small change. I gave it a couple of tries but was not successful, hoping you can help.
    -Remove mining prerequisite from masonry
    -make masonry a prerequisite for astrology
    -move masonry to second line (-2 ?)

I'm hoping this will allow the religious civs to build up some more defense before they start spending a majority of their production on religion.

18. Arkenor

Arkenor Chieftain

The Australian Summer patch made the following changes to the tech tree:

Tech Tree balance. Adding several prerequisites to address paths through the tree that were too quick and led to era transitions too early.
    • Horseback Riding now requires Archery. Archery is no longer a leaf tech.
    • Stirrups is now in the late Medieval era and costs 390 (was early Medieval and cost 300).
    • Industrialization now requires Square Rigging.
    • Scientific Theory now requires Banking.
    • Steel now requires Rifling.
    • Computers now requires Radio.

19. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Yup, I would expect this mod to be broken due to the core changes.

Plus, I'll have to upload it to the workshop once fixed.

20. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain