[MOD] MagisterModmod

@ akatosh
which mod do you mean exactly. do you have the link?
i tried several mods and most are not stable or really balanced. as i remember in mod erebus caught animals could get far too strong.
thx for your help.

It's Erebus in the Balance. It (along with Magister modmod and MNAI) is one of the few FFH mods that is still being actively developed. There's a good community for it at the Realms Beyond forums--they play a lot of PBEM multiplayer.

Multiplayer balance is the main focus of the mod--e.g., they removed Defender, nerfed Financial and Raiders, made late-game techs cheaper, buffed cottages, buffed civics other than agrarianism, etc. Basically you have more viable choices other than spamming aristofarms every game and Financial leaders no longer dominate.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eitb

How is Raiders nerfed?

What do you think of these graphics for a new Wyvern Rider unit?

These new late game champions of The Cult of the Dragon are basically Flying, Poisonous, bAlwaysHostile Knights.

Aurelazza convinced me to add them. He made the model and animations based on RifE's Drakes, MoM's Dracolich Rider, the Scorpion, and the Sons of the Inferno. We were both involved in re-skinning them.

Bestiary of Erebus said:
Wyvern- A wyvern is a large flying serpent with a tail ending in a scorpion’s stinger. They are rare in the Age of Rebirth, having been hunted almost to extinction by knights responding to reports of them stealing livestock or threatening rural families

Since they are listed under "Creations of Man, Perversions of Life," they are definitely not relatives of the true dragons which the gods made as weapons of mass destruction. They are still dangerous beasts though, which resemble dragons enough that they would be favored mounts of the most elite dragon worshipers.

Canonically it seems that they probably should not have any legs, but when Aurelazza made a legless Wyvern Rider (based on Coatlann) its attack animations did not look very good.

Those look remarkably good. Would the wyvern for each dragon faction have different abilities/affinities or are the different colors for flavor only?

I think a problem with these might be the "always hostile" part. I guess they might be useful inside your borders, but outside them if you are not in a stack late game you are probably dead.

Then again even in the late game, there really isn't too much besides Beastmasters and a few other units that can reach you on peaks.

I'd have to play them to see how they do.

No they didn't (it may(???) be planned for v10, but I've played a few raider games since).
Can you make it so that the AI No building requirements doesn't extend to units that need wonders?

Hey Magister, I really like your modmod. Been playing it for a long time. I chose your modmod due to two prominent things: you incorporated the better ai (tholal I think it is) and you stay pretty true to the original ffh2 lore. The complaint I have is I believe it's way too easy for me to just completely militarily dominate the ai. They hardly defend their cities and it's very easy for me to take their cities, one by one, without fail. I even have the revolutions option checked and the revolutions are 3 times harder to deal with than the actual war. Also the ai seems horrible at basic gameplay. Meaning: In the games I've played many of them hardly expand at all and they don't improve their land effectively and sometimes they don't improve their land at all. I think it would be appropriate for the ai to be extremely tough when in their cities. Their should exist some competition, I don't like the game as it is when the human just steamrolls ai everytime. I want them to defend their cities with a fierce ferocity that would scare an elephant and make a giraffe leap into the air and land on George Bushs wig. That much. With the aggresive ai option turned on, they turtle, build too many units and fall behind technologically which makes their military obsolete quickly anyways so their number advantage doesn't even matter and they end up losing. In K-mod for example if you check the aggressive ai option they expand like mad, not turtle. They try to take the land from the human, and I find myself on the defense alot. Also I always go for the ashen veil religion. When I found the religion I get handed an automatic "I win" unit. The priest. The priest has the ability to summon an unstoppable imp everyturn, for those who didn't know, and you can easily conquer multiple civilizations this early in the game with him alone and a couple of warriors. The ai seems to be lackluster in terms of expansion, land development and war. I don't know why. Maybe it's my setting? I always check the boxes; raging barbs and barb cities. This is why I don't find any version of Civ IV enjoyable anymore, be it mod or whatever, because it's just too easy to dominate. I play on Noble because it is the level that you are given the same tools pretty much as the ai and vice versa, and with an upwards of 10 ai on the maps I play you'd think the human wouldn't win everytime, but no, he does. I feel FFH2 has the potential to be the best game ever created if the ai was perfected and maybe some creative minds touched up on the lore, added stuff into the pedia, etc. I mean think about how many "things" are in the FFH2 game. So damn many. You got dragons, religions, priests, tons of epic stuff that in the end is completely wasted because of the lack of any type of competition from your opponents, which makes one just stop the game altogether. I know multiplayer exists, but that's not fun for me. Would take a billion years on the map that I play, Huge, perfectworld. This post isn't really a request, just a general statement of my sadness of playing and stopping so many FFH2 games due to no competion which means in the end I don't get to experience all the cool features that come in the game.

I know you won't like this as an answer, but turn up the difficulty level!
Yes it may seem most fair to compete equally with the AI, but the fact of the matter is the AI will never be smart enough to be winning consistently against a human player if they are learning strategy and tactics and improving. This is true in basic Civ, let alone FFH, let alone Magisters Mod. Both FFH and this mod add an enormous number of new features to the game, which mean the AI is significantly behind in understanding the game, and thus competing on it - especially in complex mechanics like magic.
If you don't find the AV superiority fun...then don't go for it! Or raise the level so that the AI has a chance to compete.
If you want to reach the endgame...then start a advanced era game!
There are options for changes there, but if you want the AI to offer a challenge you're going to need to get past a prejudice against post-noble difficulties.
FFH AI is being developed, but its a slow process, and I doubt it'll ever reach what you want. Also, if this is a call for AI improvement then this is the wrong thread as Magister (IIRC) doesn't work on it.

Oh and FFH is already the best game ever created ;)

I've just always hated the thought of having to go to high difficulty levels to make it a challenge. It reminds me of a video I saw once a guy posted on his webpage, a dude who studies "game thery", the video was an MIT (or some prestigious college like that) altered ai of the original starcraft game. It looked pretty cool, was probably pretty badas just like that computer chess guy lol. But I wouldn't know if it was good cause I'm not aloud to play Starcraft due to my ethnicity.

This is what I thought you'd say:
I've just always hated the thought of having to go to high difficulty levels to make it a challenge.
Its just a mindset, and one you need to overcome - you can't complain about games being too easy if you're deliberately not playing to appropriate settings.

I'd still like to be able to just complete a game. I keep running into AI Loops which pretty much freezes the game. It's hard to enjoy when the AI Loops happens and I then have to go into Worldbuilder to delete units/civs for the game to continue. I'm hoping they solve this with the next version Tlolal makes and Magister adjusts.

Here's to hoping! :)

I recently killed Basium as Tebryn in a game, and for the sake of playing in character I decided to have my Rosier shatter the Clava Vindex on a Demon's Altar instead of keeping it. I was expecting some sort of a reward, and felt a bit disappointed when I found out I gave up that 2 Holy Damage for nothing. I ended up going into WB and giving Rosier the Sheut Stone and Nightmare bonuses to make up for it. It'd be a nice little detail to reward evil players for destroying Basium's holy artifact, and ditto for good players with Hyborem's Gela.

I recently killed Basium as Tebryn in a game, and for the sake of playing in character I decided to have my Rosier shatter the Clava Vindex on a Demon's Altar instead of keeping it. I was expecting some sort of a reward, and felt a bit disappointed when I found out I gave up that 2 Holy Damage for nothing. I ended up going into WB and giving Rosier the Sheut Stone and Nightmare bonuses to make up for it. It'd be a nice little detail to reward evil players for destroying Basium's holy artifact, and ditto for good players with Hyborem's Gela.

The main benefit of destroying the Clava Vindex is releasing all the souls trapped inside of it, thus enabling them to be ressurected (/become manes for Hyborem?).

It should probably also give a diplomacy bonus with the Infernals as well.

Oh, I'm now well aware of the technical benefits of smashing 'em all up. Meresin did indeed gain several manes. I'm just saying that I was in a position where the most advantageous course of action - having my corrupted knight wield a tool of goodness and purity - didn't make a whole lotta sense.

Wasn't there a modular mod out there that let you go on a quest to purify Hyborem's Gela?

Top Bottom