Mainly for the newbies

i used to have an account here before i created this account.I signed of i think at november/december 2000 ,but i actually only used that account once ,as it was for a certain purpose (asking a question civ related) and didn't intend to become a regular at that moment.I have tottaly forgotten what account that was ,as i have a lot of one time used account's on multiple server's and forum's ,at that point CFC was just another unknown forum for me.
Im sure the name was something stupidly funny though ,but since i forgot it i had to create a new one. (i didn't had acces anymore at that point to the e-mail adress i used for creating that account)
Knight Dragon was formaly known as SKM ,and Pellaken as Weimar Republic. I know some other's to that i won't add ass they changed their name to get rid of the reputation or image the former account had ,and they want to keep a low profile.

I mean what names have people signing up tried to get but were taken? (ie. What CFC'er/s has/have your favoured name?)

Oh ,sorry. Well ,in my case i got my name straith away to.It seems my username isn't that coman. :) i am the only person on this board that is actually from Flanders anyway. (well as far as i know)

Originally posted by Hamlet
This name was my first pick. Evidently none of you phillistines are Shakespeare fans. :p

Not true, but we just don't want to be associated with cheap cigars. AoA is also a Shakespearean character, although the spelling differs. I would assume that Richard III is a fan too, especially as he seems to be living under the misapprehension that Toronto is in fact Gloucester. And I am sure that there is a Julius Caesar who never posts registered too.
As for me, why would anyone want to be associated with a military leader with no grasp of tactics and a blatant disregard for the morale and health of his troops? From a nursery rhyme too!:confused:

I was wondering about something similar to this the other day. Often times when people register and the name they want has already been taken, they just add a number on to it. However, we have several posters on this site that have random numbers tacked on to their names, and I'm pretty sure nobody else took their name before them, such as Palehorse, Spycatcher, Dreadhead, Floppa, etc. I could be wrong, but I doubt that 70+ people registered with the name Palehorse before the one we know got here.

As for me, Apollo was my first choice and it was open :goodjob:

Well, since this is not usually not the case, (This might just be me) people choose one number to tag on their name, and stick to it. After a while, they are related to that number as much as their name because of repeated use (eg. I am related to the number 57 - REN57)

And Apollo, I've been considering mugging you and stealing your username :D ;)

76 is my birth year, and my name was free, and PaleHorse too, when I signed up. As to my nick and the number, I use to use just PaleHorse but started running into problems when goign to new sites and the name was already taken. To get rid of this problem I tacked on the number. There are now a lot of PaleHorses out there (I originally got this name in 1998 I believe) and I am thinkg of changing again. I was originally ShadowKeeper, but that was a longgggg time ago, about 5 1/2 years ago, long time for the internet. Way back before AOL got the internet I went by LWC or LWC-FL mean LordWhiteCloak-Florida, of course from the Robert Jordan series, Wheel of Time.

You might imagine I've got a few problems signing up on other forums and stuff with my current nickname. ;) My alternative nick is MatrixCL, because my initials are MCL.

I originally couldn't get Dell as my zone name so I added my house number on the end and so when I joined these forums I registered under Dell19...

Strangely enough, I've never had a problem getting Kundor as my username. You'd think it would be in huge demand, but I guess I always beat the hordes of other Kundors out there...:rolleyes:

Except once. Someone has a geocities/yahoo account called kundor, except it's not active! It just prevents my registration! :aargh3:

I wasnt a internet junkie before I came here so this was the first time I used "spycatcher". I rember I was regeresting because I was going to post in the civ forums so I was like "hmm maybe my name should be civ-related". LoL. I just thought of it and I liked it. But spycatcher just doesnt sound right to me so I figure add a number right? 17 is my lucky one but spycatcher17? Nah so I just doubled it.:D And thats the story of my life....

My user name was the first one, no wonder that it was free as it has no real meaning. It descents from a stupid joke that is too hard to explain.

When you get your name from you favourite D&D characters dog, you can be pretty sure nobody has taken it before you ;)

Actually, I searched for it once, and I seem to be the only atawa on the net :D

Top Bottom