1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MAJOR BUG: Sponsors mods crash when used with original factions

Discussion in 'CivBE - Mod Development' started by lilgamefreek, Jan 3, 2015.

1. lilgamefreek

lilgamefreek Chieftain

There's a serious issue that I've tested with several people's sponsor mods, including my own. The sponsor mods cause the game to crash to desktop when used in conjunction with the default civs. The issue was brought too light by a commentator on steam who has been able to reproduce the crash with consistency.

My own investigations have been able to reproduce this crash, but only when leaderscenes are set to above minimum. Mods I have tested and reproduced this with so far are:

- My own mods
    - TPangolin's Crescent Company
    - WakeUpMrBubbles's Ollin Alliance
    - Leugi's Caribbean Axis
    - JFD's Iron Pact

The nature of the issue points to something wonky with the way the game handles leaderscenes. If anyone has any insight on fixes, that would be fantastic. In the meantime, I want to know what's the best way of communicating the issue either to Firaxis or the community at large.

2. edingess

edingess Chieftain

Try posting in Bug reports or tech support maybe. IDK which is more appropriate. Try PM'ing a mod to ask maybe.

3. schinken77

schinken77 Chieftain

There is a note how to fix it at the Mod thread itself

4. edingess

edingess Chieftain

Wasn't that supposed to be fixed by the patch?

Am I misinterpreting something? Tell me so please.

5. schinken77

schinken77 Chieftain

Dont know, but I could not get pass a turn without crashing everytime, till I set it to minimum.

6. Atifraza

Atifraza Chieftain

As you may know, Earth 2014 is a mod for civ 5 that is a scenario of the world in the information era. I was thinking about creating the same thing, but with different eras. The ancient era would be the time of the Romans and Babylons, the Medieval era would consist of events like the Hundred Years' War, Classical would be the events between those two, Renaissance would be time of the colonization of the new world and the american revolution, Industrial would be the early 1800s during the American Civil War, Modern would be the events of WW1 during the late 1800s to early 1900s, and Atomic would be during WW2 and the rise of the Soviet Union. Tell me what you think in the reply section below, and tell me if you have any unique ideas or set wars going on there should be.

7. Atifraza

Atifraza Chieftain

As you may know, Earth 2014 is a mod for civ 5 that is a scenario of the world in the information era. I was thinking about creating the same thing, but with different eras. The ancient era would be the time of the Romans and Babylons, the Medieval era would consist of events like the Hundred Years' War, Classical would be the events between those two, Renaissance would be time of the colonization of the new world and the american revolution, Industrial would be the early 1800s during the American Civil War, Modern would be the events of WW1 during the late 1800s to early 1900s, and Atomic would be during WW2 and the rise of the Soviet Union. Tell me what you think in the reply section below, and tell me if you have any unique ideas or set wars going on there should be.