• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Major League Baseball 2012 Season

That infield fly call was something special. Reminds me of the Grinch: "and the infield extended 50 feet that day."

On that note, what's the longest game delay caused by Garbage Collection?

Well, that's not how I would have wanted to win.

Whether the extra out would really have made for three runs is awfully debatable, but the Braves ought to have had the chance in the 8th to see if they could work a miracle, and any runs would have changed the tone of the bottom of the 9th.

This had to happen in an elimination game in Chipper's final postseason. I am really disappointed in Sam Holbrook.

such a shame, tragedy even. so long larry.

what should be protested should be the atlanta defense. really ? shades of late season 2011. wow. what a way to go out.

The offense didn't do themselves many favours either. Too many runners were left in scoring position,

But I am just glad the braves are out. Get rid of the Yankees and I will be quite content with this season.

The Nats are the team I am pulling for despite not caring about them.

Just get the Expos franchise a win.

Dang, Texas has looked bad down the stretch. Doesn't help that Josh Hamilton seems to have quit on the team.

Well, that's not how I would have wanted to win.

Whether the extra out would really have made for three runs is awfully debatable, but the Braves ought to have had the chance in the 8th to see if they could work a miracle, and any runs would have changed the tone of the bottom of the 9th.

A win is a win. Honestly David Ross should have been struck out; the ball was thrown and he swung and missed, but for whatever reason a late timeout was called instead negating the pitch. That would have been a strike out rather than a two run homer. It was bad umpiring all around, but in all honesty the Braves cost themselves the game.

Soddy umpiring aside; those 3-errors were pretty much the difference in the game.

Hmm. It was a rather fine call as to whether that was valid for the Infield Fly rule - I mean, "ordinary effort" is probably fair, but he was a long way back, and I doubt there was much chance of engineering a double play by intentionally dropping the ball. The call was made rather late, but not sure that that really changes anything about the play, unless you're a Braves fan who suspects something underhand about it all. It only became a controversy because Kozma suddenly backed away from the ball.

The Ross homer was certainly a late call as well by the umpire, but I can't see that it should have been a K. He'd been asking for time, he eventually got it. Lohse shouldn't have thrown the same change-up, frankly.

But as you say, the Braves really ought to blame themselves rather than anyone else. Crappy defense, and not delivering when they had men on base. If they had performed at the level they have for the last month or two, then they would have won that game easily.

But as you say, the Braves really ought to blame themselves rather than anyone else. Crappy defense, and not delivering when they had men on base.

I totally agree. The Cards did get the clutch hits, whereas the Braves did not. And for some strange reason the Braves suddenly couldn't field anymore. So, they have themselves to blame for the loss.

But I have to admit, that infield fly ruling was complete nonsense. The Braves got robbed there. Did it decide the game? No, those 3 errors and the Cards situational hitting decided it. But it sure puts a stain on the first ever 1-game wild card game...

it was complete nonsense. terrible call. that was the LF's ball all the way. holliday should have been calling him off. but like Strider says, a win is a win.

to older cards fans, payback from Don Denkinger (sort of).

to older cards fans, payback from Don Denkinger (sort of).

Not quite :lol: When an ump's decision gives us a WS we should have lost, then I'll take it as payback. I'm a reasonable guy though - whilst preferable, it doesn't have to be against the Royals.

Nothing overly fancy about last nights games. The teams I expected to win won (Cin and Det). Is it sad that I find the two most interesting teams in the playoffs the Oriole's and Cardinals? Wouldn't it be nice (and make so many people angry) if both wild cards won their upcoming division series?

I am just glad we won't have to play the Rangers. :p

Top Bottom