Make City Lists by Leader instead of Empire

Nizou

Chieftain
After a discuss with celticgfc about his ACL mods, I had the idea of creating city lists by leader (like Eleanor having Aquitanian city names instead of English or French) and I took a look into ACL code.
Then I thought that I needed more info cuz I wasn't understanding everything. For example when I saw this thing :
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_CANADA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_CANADA_CITY_00"/>
I was wondering if I had to add a LeaderType value in order to get new city names only for Eleanor (and obviously set the corrects civs) or if I had to do something else
Below is another questioning thing :
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INCA_NAME" Language="en_US">
<Text>Tawantinsuyu</Text>
Have I to add also a LeaderType value ? Do something else ?
In short, can someone explain me basics of city names modding ? ̂ ̂

Yep! Definitely doable, but it can be a little tricky.

You can define a city list with a leadertype (example in sql):
Code:
('CIVILIZATION_AMERICA', 'LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT', 'LOC_ROSETTA_NEW_YORK'),

The tricky part is that the game will take names starting at the beginning of the list; meaning that if you add a bunch of Eleanor (x2) specific names, the game will go through the existing French/English names first before it gets to your names. You can see a complicated version of this in my mod, Improved City Names.

There are two things you can do to get around that
1) You can delete all the names for the civ - then add your leader specific names - and then add back the normal names afterwards so the game will try and use your new names first.
2) You can - if using SQL - you can add your new names and specify you want them to go at the beginning of the list; an example of that can be seen in Sukritact's Lorenzo de Medici mod:

Code:
INSERT INTO CityNames   
            (CivilizationType,                LeaderType,                    SortIndex,    CityName)   
VALUES        ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_ITALY',        'LEADER_SUK_LORENZO',        -1,            'LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_ITALY_PISA'),   
            ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_ITALY',        'LEADER_SUK_LORENZO',        -1,            'LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_ITALY_AREZZO'),   
            ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_ITALY',        'LEADER_SUK_LORENZO',        -1,            'LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_ITALY_SAN_GIMIGNANO'),   
            ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_ITALY',        'LEADER_SUK_LORENZO',        -1,            'LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_ITALY_CASTIGLION_FIORENTINO'),   
            ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_ITALY',        'LEADER_SUK_LORENZO',        -1,            'LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_ITALY_FIESOLE'),   
            ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_ITALY',        'LEADER_SUK_LORENZO',        -1,            'LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_ITALY_VINCI');

The -1 in that code block is telling the game to put the names at the very beginning of the list.

I'm not 100% sure about what you're looking for with your second question - That LOC entry controlls what the Inca civ is called; you unfortunately cannot change the civ name based on the leader (at least not with a large amount of effort to game the UI basically).

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom