Making sense of the release date?

Goombaz

Warlord
Is anyone else confused by the release date? I am seeing quite a few different release dates listed. Gamespot and EBworld are still saying 11/14/05, but the buzz seems to be 10/30/05. On the other hand, Amazon.co.uk has the freakishly out of place date of 9/30/05. What exactly is known at this point? I am fairly sure the game hasn't gone gold yet, but could someone correct me on this?

It is probably October 25th in the USA.

Amazon always give early dates, then push it back to the right one. It helps pre-order sales, since people buy it thinking they'll get it earlier.

Well, Take Two stated that the game was to be released BEFORE Halloween, and october 30th would be the LATEST date BEFORE Halloween.

I still wonder why gamespot has 11/14/05 listed. The day that the announcement about the release date being pushed up was made, gamespot actually had "Q3 2005", which is clearly at least a noticeable amount of time before 11/14/05. Some imp inside me says it's still going to be 11/14/05 due to the fact that gamespot switched BACK TO that date. :confused:

Goombaz said:
I still wonder why gamespot has 11/14/05 listed. The day that the announcement about the release date being pushed up was made, gamespot actually had "Q3 2005", which is clearly at least a noticeable amount of time before 11/14/05. Some imp inside me says it's still going to be 11/14/05 due to the fact that gamespot switched BACK TO that date. :confused:
It shouldn't go back at all. They are looking to push this up due to money problems last quarter with GTA: San Andreas being pulled off the shelves. It will come out before halloween, question is, how far? 10/30 seems like an acurate date because is would put it a 1/2 month ahead of schedule which is very do-able

It won't be 10/30, it's a Sunday. It will either be 10/25 or 10/28. Saturday or Sunday releases don't happen in the US.

guyfamous said:
It won't be 10/30, it's a Sunday. It will either be 10/25 or 10/28. Saturday or Sunday releases don't happen in the US.

My guess is 21st, many releases are on fridays for some reason. Maybe 28th.

Nearly all media releases are on Tuesdays in the USA.

Civ 4 available in Sweden October 21. Hopefully, it's true...

In Germany, most releases are at appr. 9 a.m.

Arrrrgh, EB Games changed it back to Nov. 15!

Huhh, how does that sound compared to how Take 2 said Civ should be in fiscal year 2005 (end of Oct.)?

V. Soma said:
Arrrrgh, EB Games changed it back to Nov. 15!

Huhh, how does that sound compared to how Take 2 said Civ should be in fiscal year 2005 (end of Oct.)?

Maybe someone who knows more could enlighten me, but I almost picture some poor guys at EB/GS/IGN etc getting a call from Take 2 saying "It's coming out in october", and then getting a call from Firaxis saying "It's coming out in november", and then Take 2 calling back and saying "Damnit, it's coming out in October."

EDIT: Also, where the hell did the UK Amazon site get March 24,2006, do they really delay you guys releases that much on games?

Top Bottom