Making Units from LHs

RenaissanceFan

Warlord
I'm trying to make a few units from the existing leaderheads, but I'm having trouble with the animations looking odd. I remember a mod in Colonization having this type of unit, so, what's needed for it to work?

I'm trying to make a few units from the existing leaderheads, but I'm having trouble with the animations looking odd. I remember a mod in Colonization having this type of unit, so, what's needed for it to work?
How did you do so? Did you replace the upper part of a unit with the leaderhead mesh via Blender or 3dMax? Then I guess you'll have to readjust the Bone Weight of the leaderhead part, since leaderheads have more bones than units do. The_Coyote's tutorial for Bone Weight Copying should help you here.

Altogether I don't know if it is a good idea to use the leaderhead meshes for units, since you'll end up with a relative high polycount and large dds files. I would guess that the Colonization mod has unit that are inspired by the looks of the leaderheads, and are not made directly using them.

And wouldn't replacing the top of a unit with a leaderhead give the unit an ungodly amount of vertexes?

Yes, a unit based on a LH isn't really a great idea, it would certainly slow things down.

I do know that someone made a Tokugawa unit, but it was mostly proof-of-concept, he recommended not using it.

Yes, a unit based on a LH isn't really a great idea, it would certainly slow things down.

I do know that someone made a Tokugawa unit, but it was mostly proof-of-concept, he recommended not using it.
I don't know about that one, but there has been made a Bismarck unit.

Top Bottom