Manipulating a Finnish music program

Kassiopeia

Lurky Lurker
If this topic has been discussed before, feel free to ignore. I could not find a thread for it.

Now, there is this music program here in Finland called "Band-X". The big idea is to "invest" virtual stocks, a hundred of them in total per week, to a certain artist or band. The ones with most bought stocks get their videos shown in the program.

Now, there is a campaign to manipulate this program. Before next Sunday, I ask kindly for you to do the following (won't take long) with any computer you have that has a different IP address (they don't register multiple votes from one IP address, mind you).

To vote, you need not to register or enter any personal information, like an email addy etc; nor does it cost you a thing.

1. Go to web page

http://www.mtv3.fi/bandx/

Don't be frightened, it's in Finnish.

2. In the leftmost column of text, find the link labeled "Sijoita", and click it.

3. Now, you get a list of different artists/bands with empty fields right of them. Find the artist called "Eels". E-e-l-s.

4. In the field directly right to "Eels", type 100 . One and two zeros, nothing else.

5. Go to the bottom of the page, and find a command button called "Sijoita". Click it, and you have participated in a great project! Thank you!

If you want to add to the fun, try to repeat this with every possible other computer, with, like said, a different IP address. Like the comps at your work, school, home.

I'm afraid I can't do this. You see, I am afraid that it could be seen as US cultural interference. As a representative of the US any attempt of mine to influence the culture and traditions of another society will be roundly criticized, no matter what my intentions are. It could well be that what you are trying to do is a noble effort, perhaps even an attempt to free yourself from the oppression of bad music television. While I can sympathisze with your plight, unilateral action on my part would not be accepted by the international community.

Thank you for hearing me out, and best of luck in your noble cause.

If it werent for the fact that I wake up about 3 PM on sundays, I might actually be able to watch the show :)

Originally posted by Knowltok
I'm afraid I can't do this. You see, I am afraid that it could be seen as US cultural interference. As a representative of the US any attempt of mine to influence the culture and traditions of another society will be roundly criticized, no matter what my intentions are. It could well be that what you are trying to do is a noble effort, perhaps even an attempt to free yourself from the oppression of bad music television. While I can sympathisze with your plight, unilateral action on my part would not be accepted by the international community.

Thank you for hearing me out, and best of luck in your noble cause.

Don't worry; the watchers of this show are taken their values of life
from US TV-shows such as Sweet Valley High. :rolleyes:

So vote! :scan:

Originally posted by Juize

Don't worry; the watchers of this show are taken their values of life
from US TV-shows such as Sweet Valley High. :rolleyes:

So vote! :scan:

I guess I am not familier with this particular show, but I still must abstain from voting. Past or current cultural attacks by the US do not justify my perpetuating the degredation of Finnish culture. Years from now when Finnland declines in world stature due to the insideous actions of American culture, I will be able to take comfort in the fact that at least in this small way I resisted.

I say stand firm!

Originally posted by Knowltok
I guess I am not familier with this particular show, but I still must abstain from voting. Past or current cultural attacks by the US do not justify my perpetuating the degredation of Finnish culture. Years from now when Finnland declines in world stature due to the insideous actions of American culture, I will be able to take comfort in the fact that at least in this small way I resisted.

I say stand firm!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ok... What kind of liberal crap is this? Darn, Eels is completely randomized band.
The only meaning of this is to see has the Internet the power to manipulate an entire TV-show.

Originally posted by Juize

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ok... What kind of liberal crap is this? Darn, Eels is completely randomized band.
The only meaning of this is to see has the Internet the power to manipulate an entire TV-show.

I'm totally joking. I figured smilees would make it too obvious. At least you recognized it for the liberal crap I was trying to satirize.

:) ;) :D :lol: :lol: :) ;)

http://www.muropaketti.com/murobbs/...625#post1128625

It is in Finnish. In English, it is in short:

According to a friend of a Muropaketti poster (so criticize this info greatly), who works at the TV company that broadcasts the show, asked the program producer of the Eels situation. The producer said that Eels had netted *two million votes*, and that the votes would be REJECTED!

For what reason, is yet to be discovered.

Top Bottom