• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

manufacturing plants

gervond

Chieftain
Hi All,

I thought that when building a 'more advanced' plant (like solar), it would replace the 'older' plant (like hydro). So I do not build coal and go for hoover dam. When I have hoover dam :) I do not build any solar or manufacturing plants.

1. I guess building a nuclear plant still helps as it increases with 100% ? Correct ?:confused:

but

2. I tryed a manufacturing plant with hoover dam (so hydro every where) and noticed that still the production increased ? So does it make sense to build more advanced plants or did I just missed something.:undecide:

thanks
Gervond

These building replace each other:
Solar
Hydro
Coal
Nuclear

So if you have any of these, you don't need the others, BUT Nuclear produces more than the others, so you want nuclear plants (if you aren't worried about meltdowns). Coal produces more pollution, though, so is the worst one (although I think it is the cheapest to build).

Manufacturing plant is in addition to the other factories, and 'more advanced plants'. So you can always build these.

Bamspeedy is (as usual) correct. Factories and Manufacturing plants are cumulative and separate from the noncumulative power plants he mentioned.

I try to avoid coal plants if I can, I'll just build Hydro in cities with water and if they don't have water I'll wait untill I can build solar plants, and I'll always build Manufacturing plants if the game doesn't end before then.

Originally posted by gervond
Hi Wilbill,

Indeed your link stops all discussions about power plants.

Gervond

Well, it wasn't meant to stop discussion, but is was meant to help answer questions regarding the often-confusing power plant and related improvements questions.

Glad it helped :)

Top Bottom